Here are this week’s new and events in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, October 31st. King-O-Ween. Brewers at 4001 Yancey,. 6 pm -10 pm. Pumking and his crew are getting ready to celebrate Halloween. Join them! On October 31st at Brewers at 4001 Yancey, we’re hosting a Halloween costume party fit for the king and his court…
We’re partying SILENT-DISCO style and we’re taking music requests in the discussion leading up to next Wednesday. Come dressed as Pumking or one of his friends and you could win some pretty dope prizes. If we can give you one piece of advice…take Thursday off from work. GONNA BE LIT.
- Wednesday, October 31st. New Beer Release: Pumpkin Saison. Pilot Brewing. 4 pm-9 pm. Celebrate Halloween with us with the release of our Pumpkin Saison. A Saison brewed with pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. This yummy traditional Saison has received a Halloween twist which will be the best treat you receive!
- Thursday, November 1st. Day of the Dead Fiesta. The Unknown Brewing Company. 6 pm-10 pm. We have an incredibly special event lined up to celebrate the Day of the Dead. The event is complete with live music, face painting, “Day of the Dead” themed food and the release of “Horchata Lotta Lovin” beer! “Horchata Lotte Lovin” is an autumn seasonal ale this beer brewed in Celebration of loved ones past. We brewed this beer with cinnamon, almonds, milk sugar, rice, and barley to make it a sweet malty treat!
- Thursday, November 1st. Seaboard Beer Release – Veterans Orchard IPA Release. Seaboard Brewing Taproom and Wine Bar. 5 pm-11 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. Seaboard Brewing has released several versions of the Hazy new England style Orchard IPA, first starting with single hop version Eldorado, then Mosaic, next up was the Galaxy and our most version was the Hallertau Blanc. We made this specifically to coincide with the Patriot Gala held at Quail Hollow Club on November 3rd as well as Veteran’s day November 12th.
Now up, it’s our Veteran’s Blend Orchard IPA! 2018 Veterans Blend was hand-selected by a group of veteran-owned breweries from across the US, (Full disclosure Seaboard is not a veteran-owned brewery but we do support all branches of the military) representing multiple branches of the US Armed Forces. The blend is comprised of five different Pacific Northwest-grown varieties, providing a beautiful mix of tropical, citrus, and herbal aromas. The Veterans Blend version is a unique annual blend, dedicated to providing a fiscal donation of $3 per lb sold to a new veteran-support organization each year. This year’s donation will be made to the Semper Fi Fund, which is dedicated to providing urgently needed resources and support for post 9/11 combat wounded, critically ill and catastrophically injured members of the United States Armed Forces and their families.
MELON • LEMON • LIME • SPICE
ALPHA ACIDS: 7.7 – 9.1% • BETA ACIDS: 6.4 – 7.1% • TOTAL OIL: 1.2 – 1.4 mL/100g
LEMON • FLORAL
ALPHA ACIDS: 7 – 12% • BETA ACIDS: 8.5 – 9.8% • TOTAL OIL: 1.5 – 1.9 mL/100g
EKUANOT® BRAND HBC 366
MELON • BERRY • LIME • APPLE • PAPAYA • GREEN PEPPER
ALPHA ACIDS: 13 – 15.5% • BETA ACIDS: 4 – 5% • TOTAL OIL: 2 – 4 mL/100g
MOSAIC® BRAND HBC 369
BLUEBERRY • TANGERINE • PAPAYA • BLOSSOMS • ROSE • BUBBLE GUM
ALPHA ACIDS: 10.5 – 14% • BETA ACIDS: 3 – 4.5% • TOTAL OIL: 0.8 – 3 mL/100g
SIMCOE® BRAND YCR 14
PASSION FRUIT • BERRY • PINE • EARTH • CITRUS
ALPHA ACIDS: 11.5 – 15% • BETA ACIDS: 3 – 4.5% • TOTAL OIL: 0.8 – 3.2 mL/100g
- Friday, November 2nd. High Branch 3rd Anniversary Pre Party with Salud and Friends. Salud Beer Shop. 6 pm-10 pm. Friday, November 2nd – join us for a pre-party to kick off High Branch turning 3! Over the short time we have been open we’ve met many new people and have made a bunch of new friends. To celebrate we’ve invited some of our Charlotte brewery friends to help us take over the taps at Salud Beer Shop!
We’re so honored that the following CLT Breweries have agreed to join us (you know they’ll be bringing something tasty!):
Free Range Brewing
Divine Barrel Brewing
Wooden Robot Brewery
Birdsong Brewing Co.
Resident Culture Brewing Company
Salud Beer Shop plans to have their pizza oven up and running so be sure to have dinner with us!
Stay tuned to see what beers will be available for the festivities!
NOTE: We will still have our anniversary party at High Branch on Nov 10th. We’ll be releasing new beers and have a great time planned!
- Friday, November 2nd. Apologize Less 5: Can Release (Birds Fly South Al Project). Salud Beer Shop. 12 pm-3 pm. Hey Charlotte, we’re coming for you. A special package release of Apologize Less: 5 is happening this Friday, Nov. 2nd at the Salud Beer Shop. This hazy IPA is citrus-forward with a soft mouthfeel and a subtle bitterness. We’re landing with just 10 cases of the newest batch in our Double Dry-Hopped series, this time brewed with Apollo, Comet, and Ekuanot. Available in 4-packs of 16oz cans starting at 12pm.
- Saturday, November 3rd. White BlazeWinter Ale Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Our popular Winter Ale – White Blaze returns on Saturday, Nov. 3rd in the taproom on draft and in cans!
Golden Naked Oats give this amber ale a rich coconut malt flavor that combines with organic Ceylon cinnamon to make the perfect cold weather beer!
Stayed tuned for more details!
- Saturday, November 3rd. Can Release: Sherpa Winter Porter. Blue Blaze Brewing. 2 pm-7 pm. We are releasing Sherpa Winter Porter in cans for the first time and on draft in an exclusively small batch! Outside of the available kegs, we will only can one round of Sherpa Winter Porter in the amount of roughly 70 cases.
Sherpa Winter Porter is a light-bodied brown porter style with very light hop flavor and aroma. We’ve introduced subtle notes of your favorite winter tastes: vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, tiramisu, and hazelnut along with light sweetness, caramel, and chocolate.
Also, ask about our nitro draft option for Sherpa Winter Porter!
Live Music – Matt Minchew
Food Truck – A Worthy Dog
- Sunday, November 4th. Fall Brunch at Sycamore! Sycamore Brewing. 10 am-1 pm. Join us for a Fall Brunch at Sycamore! TIN Kitchen serving brunch and Front Porch Sundays going on next door! Live music by The Clydes and ScOOt Pittman!
- Monday, November 5th. Beer 101 Education Night. Pilot Brewing. 4:30 pm- 8:30 pm. The craft beer world has a wide variety of styles which run the gamut of flavors. Navigating through some of these styles can be a bit overwhelming.
Join us for our first Beer 101 Education night, hosted by two of our Certified Cicerone, Jen Blair, and Rachael Hudson!
Not only are Jen and Rachael Certified Cicerones, but they also come highly experienced in the beer Industry, and are award-winning brewers. Jen is also the president of the Carolina Brew Masters, sits on the governing committee for the American Homebrew Association and the Director of the Craft Maltsters Guild. Rachael has 7 years of professional brewing experience from breweries such as Hardywood Park, Left Hand, and NoDa Brewing Co.
Throughout the evening, we will host 4 mini Beer 101 sessions in our brewhouse. Sessions will begin at 4:45, 5:45, 6:45 and 7:45, and will last promptly 45 min. Cost for the class is just the purchase of a pre-determined flight for $8. The flight will include four basic styles of beer in which we will guide you through the taxonomy, terminology, ingredients, and flavor profiles of each.
This is part of our commitment to community involvement and craft beer education.
- Thursday, November 6th. Great Lakes Christmas Ale First Tapping Pint Night. The Casual Pint (Rivergate). 6 pm-8 pm. Santa will be delivering the first Great Lakes Christmas Ale of the season, tapping the keg and enjoying a pint!!! Buy a Pint and get a free Pint Glass, commemorative Christmas Ale mugs available while supplies last.
- Tuesday, November 6th. NoDable Release: IPA with YCH Veterans Blend. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week’s brew is a delicious IPA with YCH Veteran’s Blend. While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!
I have had my eye on trying Brouerij Duvel Moortgat Special Edition Tripel Hop, 9.5% ABV, which I pick up from my local Total Wine very recently. This import comes from Puurs Belgium and is brewed with Experimental Hop HBC 291, instead of Citra hops or other more commonly used hops, and pours a deep yellow/golden color with a big pillowy three finger white head that slowly recedes into a white foam giving off light sweet lemon pepper aroma with hints of a very faint hop note that all culminates in your nose as a flavor of lavender lemon notes hit your taste buds on the front of the mouth, then a mild sweetness washes over the middle mouth and flows over into the black with a spiced pepper notes with a nice peppery finish with hints of a floral lavender bitterness that carries over to the aftertaste with the sweet notes have a more faded taste all with a semi-light mouthfeel. Brouerij Duvel Moortgat Special Edition Tripel Hop was really surprising and not at all what I was expecting, but it was very delicious and surprisingly refreshing but a little of the strong side but not heavily, and I give this Brouerij Duvel Moortgat Special Edition Tripel Hop an A-. I don’t think that you could have more than a pint of this beer, the flavor would start to become too much a quarter of the way into the second pint, but I do highly recommend Brouerij Duvel Moortgat Special Edition Tripel Hop, it’s good! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
From my local Harris Teeter comes local Charlotte, NC Triple C Brewing Co.Grill Friend Cherry Wood Smoked Amber Ale, 5.5% ABV and Triple C uses Cherry Wood that you might find on a good smoker type of grill. Grill Friend pours a deep red/brown color with a nearly two finger beige head that slowly fades into a nice creamy top with wafting aroma of smoky cherry wood with hints of sweetness melding in with a faint bitter note that lead into a sweet yet light barbecue smoked flavor with a malty notes that is followed by a light and faint bitter note that finish with a nice smoked barbecue flavor and a nice semi sweetness and bits of nice smoked woods with a nice medium mouthfeel. Triple C Brewing Co. Grill Friend is a good be to have with barbecue meats, steaks or any hardy meal and is an A beer. I like the nice amount of smoky flavor on this, it isn’t overwhelming and tasting like your too close to the campfire. Grill Friend has just the right amount of Cherry Wood smoke to it so you can enjoy the beer while enjoy all the flavors. Yes I recommend Grill Friend. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
Originally posted on March 15th, 2015
A few years ago I stumbled onto the Smoked Beer style and found that I really like it. In Germany, it is known as Rauchbier. Some smoked beers can be really smoky which some would say it is like breathing in a campfire, and others are not as intense. Smoked beers come in a few sub-styles, like wheat, Marzen, Amber, and bock. This smoked beer is a local beer, Triple C Brewing Smoked Amber, 5.5 ABV, and 29 IBU. This is another beer delivered from the great people at BrewPublik (www.brewpublik.com). Triple C Brewing Co. is located here in Charlotte North Carolina. Triple C uses cherry wood smoked malts on this amber. Smoked Amber pours a deep hazy brown color that is a bit murky, with a two finger off-white head that dissipates at a steady pace and does leave behind some lacing. I found no light coming through the glass nor could I make out any carbonation bubbles. But the bubbles are there. The aroma on Smoked Amber is yes smoky like a barbeque. I found not as intense as some smoked beer are. I found a bit of caramel sweetness there as well. The taste is first malty and sweet with hints of caramel and nice accompaniment of smoky flavors. It reminded me of nice barbequed meat. Smoked Amber has a very faint smoky coffee flavor on the end. The mouthfeel is medium with a nice smoky, malty and sweet finish. The aftertaste is more reminiscent of a light smoky sweet coffee barbeque flavor. I know that those two kinds of flavors don’t go together but the barbeque flavor is more predominant than the coffee. I really enjoyed this beer a lot it is an A+ in my book. I really loved how every flavor worked well with one another. It was a well-brewed beer. I love the smoked beer style and I really enjoyed Triple C Brewing Co Smoked Amber. I really recommend trying this one for yourself. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Monday, October 24th. Imperial Stout and Chocolate Pairing. Seaboard Brewing Matthews, NC. 6:30 pm- 8 pm. You asked for it and we joked about it and now it’s HERE! Wednesday, October 24th will be our first BEER AND CHOCOLATE PAIRING!
Matt wanted this one to start off with a BANG so we’ll be offering 4 harder to get Imperial Stouts paired with 4 different chocolate offerings from our friends at The Secret Chocolatier! The stouts will be Founders KBS, Westbrook’s Mexican Cake, Coronado’s BA German Chocolate Cake and Prairie’s Birthday BOMB!
Not going to find these heavy hitters all in one place all at once very often.
Spaces will be limited to 32 people and cost will be $30 so get your spot reserved TODAY! Email(firstname.lastname@example.org), call(704-246-8323) or message us here through Facebook.
- Tuesday, October 25th. Limited Release: Balck Bird Tea Infused Kettle Sour. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for our latest limited release: Black Bird Tea Infused Kettle Sour!
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. Blackbird pairs tart sharpness with the soothing characteristics of black tea for a sessionable sour that hits all the high notes. Herbal and floral aromatics are accented by hints of tart citrus from our kettle-souring process.
- Friday, October 26th. A Night of Wooden Robot Sours. Trackside Crafts. 5 pm-10 pm. Coming off their huge win at the Great American Beer Festival for barrel-aged fruited sour, we will tap 3 great sours from their excellent sour program…plus, we’ll welcome back a familiar face from the Trackside family past: Federico De La Torre from Wooden Robot’s brew team! Tap list will include:
Daddy Needs His Juice
A Sour Darkly
Where, you ask, is the Gold Medal winning Peche Doree? You’ll have to wait for the anniversary party…but these 3 beers are an excellent preview. Come to give Freddy hugs and get an update from the man himself!
- Friday, October 26th. Firkin Friday: Island Azacca Hopper. Pilot Brewing. 4 pm-10 pm. This Friday we will have our Island Hopper in the firkin. We have single hopped our traditional American IPA with Azacca hops which will add citrus and mango notes with a little orchard fruit. As an added bonus, we dry-hopped with Mosaic hops for an intense aroma of fresh pine, mango, blueberry, and citrus!
What is beer in a firkin/cask?
Cask ale or cask-conditioned beer is an unfiltered and unpasteurized beer which is conditioned (including secondary fermentation) and served from a cask without additional nitrogen or carbon dioxide pressure.
- Saturday, October 27th. GET BAKED: Halloween Edition. Lenny Boy Brewing. 1 pm-5 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. Coming this fall on October 27th, Lenny Boy Brewing will be the SWEETEST place in Charlotte! Local dessert shops and bakeries will have desserts available for purchase. Bring your family and friends out to enjoy your favorite Lenny Boy brew or kombucha and satisfy your sweet tooth!
GET BAKED Dessert Market is FREE to attend, please register for your FREE tickets.
Vendors accept cash and card, please ask beforehand to make sure. Eat your desserts onsite or take them home, most vendors will have to take home boxes available.
Select vendors will have gluten-free and vegan options. The list can be found on our website LoveDessertsCLT.com closer to the date of the event.
Vendors include: More TBA
Ninety’s Ice Cream & Sandwiches
Abigail’s – a cake affair
Cast Iron Waffles
Cookie Dough Bliss
Smiles and Company Organic Cotton Candy
The French Cookie Bakery
It’s Poppin Gourmet Kettle Korn
Sugary Smiles Cookies
Cupcake Coop & Co. LLC
Red’s Scratch Made
Follow us on Instagram @LoveDessertsCLT and facebook @Love Desserts CLT for previews of desserts that will be at the market.
Please utilize brewery parking, street parking, and Marie G Davis School parking lots.
The event is family friendly and dog-friendly. Foothills Brewery is wheelchair accessible. The event will happen rain or shine.
Birdsong Brewing Co. Jalapeño Pale Ale, 5.5% ABV is one of my favorite local Charlotte beers and I have thought to myself while enjoying it that I probably should give it a review, well here I am giving you that review. Jalapeño Pale Ale starts out with a base of Birdsongs Free Will Pale Ale, which I should review, then they use whole Jalapeños without the seeds, seeds are where the heat or spice is contained, the idea or flavor profile that Birdsong is going for is a pale ale with jalapeño flavor without the heat that comes along with it. Jalapeño Pale Ale pours slightly deep yellow almost gold color with a one finger tight head of white foam that dissipates into some quite nice lacing with hot pepper aroma with some faint bitter notes coming in behind the heat that take you a spiced heat flavor up front that is bitter in the middle of mouth with some heat notes that continue to the back of the mouth that all finish with a bitter heat with a bitter heat/spice finish with a light mouthfeel. Jalapeño Pale Ale’s heat flavor are not spicy they are more of a pepper warmth or heat like quality and goes well with the smooth bitter pale ale that is ever bit of an A+, and one beer that I recommend. I will say that I probably could only drink about three to four pints of this before the flavor overwhelms my taste buds, but its a good beer to have while enjoying a meal or watching a sporting event. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
Picked up Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez, 6.4% ABV from the local Total Wine. Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez is aged in Reposado Tequila oak barrels for six months then blended back with new fresh Orta-Vez, which is Spanish for one more. Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez pours a yellow color with a one and a half finger white head that slowly fades into a big of halo lacing giving off tart aroma that are fruity with some slight strong alcoholic sour notes that take you into a tart and juicy flavor up front with that strong alcohol note in the middle with more tequila flavors it one back with a bit of a faint vanilla with a great juicy tart finish of nice tequila notes and an aftertaste of even more tequila with nice smoothness that really linger with hints of vanilla a faint sweet notes. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez is one heck of a complex beer that’s is wonderful and well deserving of an A+. I thought that Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez would be good because the base beer Orta-Vez is just as good, and by aging it in Tequila Barrels really brought out so much goodness. I highly recommend Trip In The Woods Barrel-Age Series Tequila Barrel Age Orta-Vez and would love to have this again, but it is a bit expensive at 22 dollars but it sure tasted like it was worth the price. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
Originally posted on June, 20th 2018
A German-style of beer that once was nearly extinct is making a comeback. Gose (pronounced “goes-uh”) is a wheat beer brewed with 50-60 wheat coriander and sea salt. This style is originally from Leipzig Germany. But this can of Westbrook Brewing Co. Gose 4% ABV, doesn’t come from that far away, no it comes from Mt. Pleasant South Carolina east of Charleston. This is another fine beer from Brewpublik (www.brewbpulik.com). Gose pours a bright hazy yellow color with a two and a half finger bright clean white fluffy head that somewhat slow to fade and does leave behind nice whips of lacing. I found some little amounts of light through the glass with average amounts carbonation bubbles. The aroma is similar to a lemon but with a salty kick. Taste is pretty sharp with a slightly bitter sour lemon up front than towards the back or your taste buds it gets salty and the bitterness/sour really kicks in. But it’s refreshingly sour. I didn’t get much of any coriander in the taste. I think it’s underneath the big sour salty flavors. This Westbrook Gose finishes sour with a nice salty note that leaves a refreshing lemon like aftertaste that sticks with you for a little bit. I really enjoyed this Gose a lot it’s an A+. I can see why the Gose style is making a comeback. After drinking this I find it so interesting that sour wheat beer with sea salt could be as refreshingly delicious. But yet it is very much so. Everything going on in this beer works so well together. I highly recommend trying Westbrook Brewing Co. Gose. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!
Here are this week’s new and events happening in and around Charlotte, North Carolina!
- Wednesday, October 17th. Pumpkin Beers at Brewers at 4001 Yancey. Brewers at 4001 Yancey. 6 pm-9 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Fall is here and so is pumpkin season! Come and join us at Brewers at 4001 Yancey for a pumpkin flight! We have a special space reserved and staff will be on hand to give us a discussion of each beer and a history of the brewery.
*****THIS IS A TICKETED EVENT. SPACE IS LIMITED. TICKETS ARE FREE BUT REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION. Please click on the Eventbrite link to get your ticket.*****
Each lady will be responsible for the cost of their flight and any additional food & drink purchases.
The brewery has a wonderful menu of food to choose from.http://brewersat4001yancey.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/food-menu-6_22_18.pdf
Ladies only please but guys are welcome to hang out at the brewery.
- Wednesday, October 17th. Buzz City Blonde – Pilot Batch Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm -9 pm. A Belgian Blonde made with pilsner, aromatic malt, and Belgian golden ale yeast. Hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops creating a deliciously fruity and floral nose and flavor. Fermented with golden ale yeast creating layers of Belgian hopped goodness. 6.5%
Bleu Barn Bistro food truck will be on the patio for dinner!
- Thursday, October 18th. Tropical Kush Can Release. Sycamore Brewing. 4 pm-10 pm. Kind of Fruity, Kind of Dank. This IPA is Packed with the Choicest, Sticky Hop Nuggets from our Favorite Growers.
- Thursday, October 18th. Founders Specialty Flight Night. Flying Saucer Charlotte. 6 pm-12 am. Founders Flight Night featuring Better Half, Harvest Wet Hopped Ale, Backwoods Bastard, and 4 Giants Imperial IPA
- Thursday, October 18th. New IPA Release! Cloud Walker Hazy Juicy IPA. Brewers at 4001 Yancey. 5 pm-10 pm.New beer coming at ya! Cloud Walker Hazy Juicy IPA, Victory’s newest draft-only beer, releases for the FIRST TIME on Thursday at Brewers at 4001 Yancey! Join our brew crew as they tap the state’s very first keg of this limited draft release at 5pm! Live music, cold beer, and your chance to hang out with our brewers to talk Cloud Walker, innovation, and what you’d like to see us brew in Charlotte.
Beyond hazy, Cloud Walker explodes as tropical and fruity elements float through cloudy formations to elevate hops to the highest pedestal. Cloud Walker is a juice bomb, dry-hopped with Citra and Mosaic with an expert dosing of oats, wheat, and lactose to deliver a pillowy soft mouthfeel.
After months of R&Ding and experimentation, our amazing brew crew is excited to join you for this special release. We can’t wait to introduce you to Cloud Walker and hear what you think about this tasty #IPA. See you on the 18th to welcome Cloud Walker into your glass, your night, and your life. Get it on draft while supplies last! #CloudWalker #HazyJuicyIPA#JuicyHazyIPA #NewEnglandIPA #BeerRelease
- Friday. October 19th. 5th Annual Cider Fest. Rooftop 210. 6 pm-10 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com $18.19 – $23.92. Summer is coming to an end… but that means Fall is finally here and it is time to celebrate with the 5th Annual Charlotte Cider Fest! Spend an evening sipping your way through samples of ciders and learning about cider mixology when you grab a ticket to the 5th Annual Cider Fest at Rooftop 210!
2018 CIDERS ANNOUNCED!
Smith and Forge
For questions please contact us at email@example.com and/or call us at (704) 526-0848
Must be 21 and up. All Sales are final – Event is rain or shine
- Saturday, October 20th. Commandant Space Cadet BA Russian Imperial Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm- 10 pm. We took a similar malt base to our Space Cadet Black IPA and scaled the ABV up, then let it rest in a Bourbon Barrel sleep chamber for over a year before awakening this beast with a large dry hop addition of Mosaic and Amarillo. The nose is Bourbon, oak and resiny hops with a deep space dark chocolate and raisin malt flavor profile. 10%
Hunter’s Travesty will be joining us on the patio for some live tunes & New Wrap Order food truck will be here for dinner!
- Saturday, October 20th. Camp Hp Cocoa Fall Fest Presented by Wicked Weed. Hot Taco. Ticket at eventbrite.com. $16.49. 12 pm-6 pm. Start your Fall off right with our first annual Camp Hop Cocoa Fall Fest presented by Wicked Weed and the Cool Kids Campaign. The festival will have live music by Matt Minchew & the Highbinders, cornhole tournament, outdoor games, food trucks, a few surprises and beer provided by Wicked Weed.
Party will take place in the Hot Taco/All American Parking lot at 200 E. Bland Street.
Elevate your festival experience with a $15 ticket including samplings of Wicked Weed’s rare sour beers and also a commemorative mug.
Tickets are extremely limited so hurry and get yours now!
(no animals due to limited space and food trucks)
- Sunday, October 21st. Catawba Brunch Buffet. Catawba Brewing Company. Charlotte. 11 am- 2 pm. Calling all brunch (and beer) lovers!!
We are cooking up something special for brunch!
Every Sunday our friends at Fresh Eats are going to be cooking up an amazing rotating menu and are even going to have some live action cooking!
Includes all you can eat and one 10oz White Zombie to wash it down!
Menu basics but not limited to:
Made to order Omelets
Are you drooling yet?
We are and can’t wait for you to come to cheer on your favorite team and enjoy some beers and brunch with us!
Tool Beer Ms. Velvet 2018 Edition, 9.0% ABV, from Denmark and brewed in De Proef Lochristi Belgium I picked up from Pop The Top Bottle Shop here in Charlotte. Ms. Velvet is blackcurrant & plum triple ale that pours a red/purple color with a one and a half finger thin white head that fades into a little halo with some lacing, with aromas of bright fruity notes, mostly dark fruits with some slightly alcoholic notes that take you to a dark fruit flavor with slight sour alcoholic notes with some bitterness on the back with a dry dark fruit finish and lingering sour/tart dark fruit dry aftertaste with a medium mouthfeel. I like this but I think it’s good as a sour fruit beer and okay just as a Belgian Tripel, I give Tool Beer Ms. Velvet 2018 Edition a B-. The tart dark fruits give this a nice refreshing quality and get through the 9.0% ABV but just a little. I would recommend this but after 3 or four pints you’d be over the fruit and the 9.0% ABV, But it’s a good beer for, just one or two. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly