Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Monday, October 24th. Imperial Stout and Chocolate Pairing. Seaboard Brewing Matthews, NC. 6:30 pm- 8 pm. You asked for it and we joked about it and now it’s HERE! Wednesday, October 24th will be our first BEER AND CHOCOLATE PAIRING!
Matt wanted this one to start off with a BANG so we’ll be offering 4 harder to get Imperial Stouts paired with 4 different chocolate offerings from our friends at The Secret Chocolatier! The stouts will be Founders KBS, Westbrook’s Mexican Cake, Coronado’s BA German Chocolate Cake and Prairie’s Birthday BOMB!
Not going to find these heavy hitters all in one place all at once very often.
Spaces will be limited to 32 people and cost will be $30 so get your spot reserved TODAY! Email(firstname.lastname@example.org), call(704-246-8323) or message us here through Facebook.
- Tuesday, October 25th. Limited Release: Balck Bird Tea Infused Kettle Sour. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for our latest limited release: Black Bird Tea Infused Kettle Sour!
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. Blackbird pairs tart sharpness with the soothing characteristics of black tea for a sessionable sour that hits all the high notes. Herbal and floral aromatics are accented by hints of tart citrus from our kettle-souring process.
- Friday, October 26th. A Night of Wooden Robot Sours. Trackside Crafts. 5 pm-10 pm. Coming off their huge win at the Great American Beer Festival for barrel-aged fruited sour, we will tap 3 great sours from their excellent sour program…plus, we’ll welcome back a familiar face from the Trackside family past: Federico De La Torre from Wooden Robot’s brew team! Tap list will include:
Daddy Needs His Juice
A Sour Darkly
Where, you ask, is the Gold Medal winning Peche Doree? You’ll have to wait for the anniversary party…but these 3 beers are an excellent preview. Come to give Freddy hugs and get an update from the man himself!
- Friday, October 26th. Firkin Friday: Island Azacca Hopper. Pilot Brewing. 4 pm-10 pm. This Friday we will have our Island Hopper in the firkin. We have single hopped our traditional American IPA with Azacca hops which will add citrus and mango notes with a little orchard fruit. As an added bonus, we dry-hopped with Mosaic hops for an intense aroma of fresh pine, mango, blueberry, and citrus!
What is beer in a firkin/cask?
Cask ale or cask-conditioned beer is an unfiltered and unpasteurized beer which is conditioned (including secondary fermentation) and served from a cask without additional nitrogen or carbon dioxide pressure.
- Saturday, October 27th. GET BAKED: Halloween Edition. Lenny Boy Brewing. 1 pm-5 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. Coming this fall on October 27th, Lenny Boy Brewing will be the SWEETEST place in Charlotte! Local dessert shops and bakeries will have desserts available for purchase. Bring your family and friends out to enjoy your favorite Lenny Boy brew or kombucha and satisfy your sweet tooth!
GET BAKED Dessert Market is FREE to attend, please register for your FREE tickets.
Vendors accept cash and card, please ask beforehand to make sure. Eat your desserts onsite or take them home, most vendors will have to take home boxes available.
Select vendors will have gluten-free and vegan options. The list can be found on our website LoveDessertsCLT.com closer to the date of the event.
Vendors include: More TBA
Ninety’s Ice Cream & Sandwiches
Abigail’s – a cake affair
Cast Iron Waffles
Cookie Dough Bliss
Smiles and Company Organic Cotton Candy
The French Cookie Bakery
It’s Poppin Gourmet Kettle Korn
Sugary Smiles Cookies
Cupcake Coop & Co. LLC
Red’s Scratch Made
Follow us on Instagram @LoveDessertsCLT and facebook @Love Desserts CLT for previews of desserts that will be at the market.
Please utilize brewery parking, street parking, and Marie G Davis School parking lots.
The event is family friendly and dog-friendly. Foothills Brewery is wheelchair accessible. The event will happen rain or shine.