Here are this week’s new and events in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, October 31st. King-O-Ween. Brewers at 4001 Yancey,. 6 pm -10 pm. Pumking and his crew are getting ready to celebrate Halloween. Join them! On October 31st at Brewers at 4001 Yancey, we’re hosting a Halloween costume party fit for the king and his court…
We’re partying SILENT-DISCO style and we’re taking music requests in the discussion leading up to next Wednesday. Come dressed as Pumking or one of his friends and you could win some pretty dope prizes. If we can give you one piece of advice…take Thursday off from work. GONNA BE LIT.
- Wednesday, October 31st. New Beer Release: Pumpkin Saison. Pilot Brewing. 4 pm-9 pm. Celebrate Halloween with us with the release of our Pumpkin Saison. A Saison brewed with pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. This yummy traditional Saison has received a Halloween twist which will be the best treat you receive!
- Thursday, November 1st. Day of the Dead Fiesta. The Unknown Brewing Company. 6 pm-10 pm. We have an incredibly special event lined up to celebrate the Day of the Dead. The event is complete with live music, face painting, “Day of the Dead” themed food and the release of “Horchata Lotta Lovin” beer! “Horchata Lotte Lovin” is an autumn seasonal ale this beer brewed in Celebration of loved ones past. We brewed this beer with cinnamon, almonds, milk sugar, rice, and barley to make it a sweet malty treat!
- Thursday, November 1st. Seaboard Beer Release – Veterans Orchard IPA Release. Seaboard Brewing Taproom and Wine Bar. 5 pm-11 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. Seaboard Brewing has released several versions of the Hazy new England style Orchard IPA, first starting with single hop version Eldorado, then Mosaic, next up was the Galaxy and our most version was the Hallertau Blanc. We made this specifically to coincide with the Patriot Gala held at Quail Hollow Club on November 3rd as well as Veteran’s day November 12th.
Now up, it’s our Veteran’s Blend Orchard IPA! 2018 Veterans Blend was hand-selected by a group of veteran-owned breweries from across the US, (Full disclosure Seaboard is not a veteran-owned brewery but we do support all branches of the military) representing multiple branches of the US Armed Forces. The blend is comprised of five different Pacific Northwest-grown varieties, providing a beautiful mix of tropical, citrus, and herbal aromas. The Veterans Blend version is a unique annual blend, dedicated to providing a fiscal donation of $3 per lb sold to a new veteran-support organization each year. This year’s donation will be made to the Semper Fi Fund, which is dedicated to providing urgently needed resources and support for post 9/11 combat wounded, critically ill and catastrophically injured members of the United States Armed Forces and their families.
MELON • LEMON • LIME • SPICE
ALPHA ACIDS: 7.7 – 9.1% • BETA ACIDS: 6.4 – 7.1% • TOTAL OIL: 1.2 – 1.4 mL/100g
LEMON • FLORAL
ALPHA ACIDS: 7 – 12% • BETA ACIDS: 8.5 – 9.8% • TOTAL OIL: 1.5 – 1.9 mL/100g
EKUANOT® BRAND HBC 366
MELON • BERRY • LIME • APPLE • PAPAYA • GREEN PEPPER
ALPHA ACIDS: 13 – 15.5% • BETA ACIDS: 4 – 5% • TOTAL OIL: 2 – 4 mL/100g
MOSAIC® BRAND HBC 369
BLUEBERRY • TANGERINE • PAPAYA • BLOSSOMS • ROSE • BUBBLE GUM
ALPHA ACIDS: 10.5 – 14% • BETA ACIDS: 3 – 4.5% • TOTAL OIL: 0.8 – 3 mL/100g
SIMCOE® BRAND YCR 14
PASSION FRUIT • BERRY • PINE • EARTH • CITRUS
ALPHA ACIDS: 11.5 – 15% • BETA ACIDS: 3 – 4.5% • TOTAL OIL: 0.8 – 3.2 mL/100g
- Friday, November 2nd. High Branch 3rd Anniversary Pre Party with Salud and Friends. Salud Beer Shop. 6 pm-10 pm. Friday, November 2nd – join us for a pre-party to kick off High Branch turning 3! Over the short time we have been open we’ve met many new people and have made a bunch of new friends. To celebrate we’ve invited some of our Charlotte brewery friends to help us take over the taps at Salud Beer Shop!
We’re so honored that the following CLT Breweries have agreed to join us (you know they’ll be bringing something tasty!):
Free Range Brewing
Divine Barrel Brewing
Wooden Robot Brewery
Birdsong Brewing Co.
Resident Culture Brewing Company
Salud Beer Shop plans to have their pizza oven up and running so be sure to have dinner with us!
Stay tuned to see what beers will be available for the festivities!
NOTE: We will still have our anniversary party at High Branch on Nov 10th. We’ll be releasing new beers and have a great time planned!
- Friday, November 2nd. Apologize Less 5: Can Release (Birds Fly South Al Project). Salud Beer Shop. 12 pm-3 pm. Hey Charlotte, we’re coming for you. A special package release of Apologize Less: 5 is happening this Friday, Nov. 2nd at the Salud Beer Shop. This hazy IPA is citrus-forward with a soft mouthfeel and a subtle bitterness. We’re landing with just 10 cases of the newest batch in our Double Dry-Hopped series, this time brewed with Apollo, Comet, and Ekuanot. Available in 4-packs of 16oz cans starting at 12pm.
- Saturday, November 3rd. White BlazeWinter Ale Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Our popular Winter Ale – White Blaze returns on Saturday, Nov. 3rd in the taproom on draft and in cans!
Golden Naked Oats give this amber ale a rich coconut malt flavor that combines with organic Ceylon cinnamon to make the perfect cold weather beer!
Stayed tuned for more details!
- Saturday, November 3rd. Can Release: Sherpa Winter Porter. Blue Blaze Brewing. 2 pm-7 pm. We are releasing Sherpa Winter Porter in cans for the first time and on draft in an exclusively small batch! Outside of the available kegs, we will only can one round of Sherpa Winter Porter in the amount of roughly 70 cases.
Sherpa Winter Porter is a light-bodied brown porter style with very light hop flavor and aroma. We’ve introduced subtle notes of your favorite winter tastes: vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, tiramisu, and hazelnut along with light sweetness, caramel, and chocolate.
Also, ask about our nitro draft option for Sherpa Winter Porter!
Live Music – Matt Minchew
Food Truck – A Worthy Dog
- Sunday, November 4th. Fall Brunch at Sycamore! Sycamore Brewing. 10 am-1 pm. Join us for a Fall Brunch at Sycamore! TIN Kitchen serving brunch and Front Porch Sundays going on next door! Live music by The Clydes and ScOOt Pittman!
- Monday, November 5th. Beer 101 Education Night. Pilot Brewing. 4:30 pm- 8:30 pm. The craft beer world has a wide variety of styles which run the gamut of flavors. Navigating through some of these styles can be a bit overwhelming.
Join us for our first Beer 101 Education night, hosted by two of our Certified Cicerone, Jen Blair, and Rachael Hudson!
Not only are Jen and Rachael Certified Cicerones, but they also come highly experienced in the beer Industry, and are award-winning brewers. Jen is also the president of the Carolina Brew Masters, sits on the governing committee for the American Homebrew Association and the Director of the Craft Maltsters Guild. Rachael has 7 years of professional brewing experience from breweries such as Hardywood Park, Left Hand, and NoDa Brewing Co.
Throughout the evening, we will host 4 mini Beer 101 sessions in our brewhouse. Sessions will begin at 4:45, 5:45, 6:45 and 7:45, and will last promptly 45 min. Cost for the class is just the purchase of a pre-determined flight for $8. The flight will include four basic styles of beer in which we will guide you through the taxonomy, terminology, ingredients, and flavor profiles of each.
This is part of our commitment to community involvement and craft beer education.
- Thursday, November 6th. Great Lakes Christmas Ale First Tapping Pint Night. The Casual Pint (Rivergate). 6 pm-8 pm. Santa will be delivering the first Great Lakes Christmas Ale of the season, tapping the keg and enjoying a pint!!! Buy a Pint and get a free Pint Glass, commemorative Christmas Ale mugs available while supplies last.
- Tuesday, November 6th. NoDable Release: IPA with YCH Veterans Blend. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week’s brew is a delicious IPA with YCH Veteran’s Blend. While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!