Here are this week new and happenings in and around the Charlotte, NC Area.
- December 1st – December 16th Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Weihnachtsmarkt. OMB is the place to gather with friends, drink fresh beer, shop for gifts and celebrate the holiday season! December 1st is going to be one festive day at OMB with the release of Yule Bock, a visit from Santa Claus and the launch of Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market). Weihnachtsmarkt will then continue for the first three Friday/Saturdays in December. Now in its 6th year, Weihnachtsmarkt is a Charlotte holiday tradition full of joy and community. This year, we’ll have over 40 vendors – our largest market ever! Some vendors will be in traditional wooden huts, but all will be decorated to the max and full of local crafts and baked goods. Like the Christmas Markets of Nuremburg, Germany, OMB’s Weihnachtsmarkt will also have fresh beer on tap (including our winter seasonal brews Dunkel & Yule Bock) and Gluhwein (pron. “Gloo-vine”), a mulled red wine served hot and fresh. More information will be posted as the event approaches, including our full list of vendors. See our other event pages for more details on Yule Bock & Santa. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost! Dec 8th 4 pm-9 pm, Dec 9th 2 pm-9pm, Dec 15th 4 pm-9 pm, Dec 16th 2 pm-9pm
- Saturday, December 9th 12 pm-10 pm Birdsong Brewing Co. 6 Year Anniversary. According to Ancient Greeks, 6 is a perfect number and we’re cool with that because this year we’re turning 6! Join us on December 9th as we kick off another year of #UnfilteredJoy with live music, food trucks, exclusive birthday brews, and more! We couldn’t have made it this far without all of you, so we hope you can come celebrate! We expect no shortage of awesome people and good vibes but here are some other cool things you can expect at our 6 year anniversary:
• Live music & food trucks ALL day!
• A limited release 6 year anniversary IPA on draft & in cans only available here in the tap room & the kickoff for a brand new IPA series that we’re rolling out for 2018!
• A special, one-time design, anniversary glass! First 100 guests to arrive will receive their anniversary glass for FREE!
• Special “barrel bar” for barrel aged specialty brews!
• A killer tap list with Birdsong flagships & super limited anniversary release beers!
- Saturday, December 9th 12 pm-3 pm Resident Culture Brewing Company. Our Very 1st Can Release at Resident Culture Brewing Company. CAN RELEASE this SATURDAY, DEC. 9, 2017! We will be releasing our first two cans, ever! Details below.
Vicky Virago – Double IPA // 8.0% ABV // Triple Dry-Hopped with generous amounts of Galaxy, Citra, and El Dorado // Beautiful aromas of tropical fruit and citrus with a nice balance of dank pine on the back end. Aroma carries over into the flavor and has a big round finish. Very drinkable. We are really excited about this beer… one of our favorite beers we have brewed thus far!
Aiming for 110-130 cases, LIMIT one case (six 4-packs) per person. $18.99 + tax per 4-pack
Tropical Ponche – Fruited Berliner Weisse brewed in collaboration with Salud Cerveceria // 4.3% ABV // Berliner-style weisse ale fruited with over 700 lbs of tropical fruit puree // A tart, tropical fruit punch, bursting with aromas of passion fruit, mango, and orange. Super refreshing, dry, and drinkable.
Aiming for only 20-25 cases, LIMIT two 4-packs per person. $16.99 + tax per 4-pack
UPDATE: Our line will begin outside of our Tap Room and we’ll pass numbers out starting at 10AM. Tap Room doors open at 12PM, and we’ll begin calling up groups of 25 at a time to purchase cans. Both beers will be available on draught starting at Noon!
**LIMITS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING DEMAND and YIELD ON CANNING DAY**
**WE WILL HOLD BACK A VERY LIMITED AMOUNT FOR TAPROOM POURS**
**CROWLER FILLS NOT AVAILABLE FOR EITHER BEER**
Cheers, and Stay Funky!
- Saturday, December 9th 12 pm-11 pm Cavendish Brewing Company (207 N Chester St, Gastonia, North Carolina 28052). Brew Wars: The Thirst Awakens.
Calling all Jedis, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters and aliens of all planets in the Republic…
Join us at Cavendish Brewing for our Star Wars themed party in celebration of the release of The Last Jedi. Special beers will be released, and fresh Bantha Milk will be in full supply for all Padawans in attendance. Activities include an intergalactic vendor market, costume contest, and lightsaber craft session! These ARE the beers you’re looking for!
- Saturday, December 9th at 11 am, to December 10th at 2 am Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Uptown Charlotte. Anderson Valley Brewing Company 30th Anniversary Party. Anderson Valley has been Bahl Hornin’ since 1987! Let’s celebrate by sipping on some of their best creations (36 drafts and counting…) and with raffles & swag giveaways! More details to come, but you can look forward to these Anderson Valley beers on tap:
1. Boont Amber
2. Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
3. Hop Ottin’ IPA
4. Poleeko Pale
5. Ee Tah! IPA
6. Brother David’s Triple
7. Barkley’s Belgian Ale
8. Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout NITRO
9. Winter Solstice NITRO
10. Cerveza Crema NITRO
11. Barney Flats NITRO
12. Boont White Ale
13. Briney Melon Gose
14. G&T Gose
15. Holy Gose
16. Blood Orange Gose
17. Framboise Rose Gose
18. Barrel Aged G&T Gose
19. Huge Arker Imp Stout ‘15
20. Huge Arker Imp Stout ‘16
21. Featherleggy Bulrusher Sour Stout
22. Thribble Currant
23. Peachy Barl
25. Horse Tongue Wheat
26. Rye Barrel Stout
27. Hobneelch’n Saison
28. Pinchy Jeek
29. Heelch’ O Hops
30. Salted Caramel Porter
31. Winter Solstice
32. Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout
33. Boont Bruijn Flanders
34. Hop Hyzer
35. Mushroom Saison
36. Thribble Peche
- Wednesday, December 16th 5 pm-8 pm Wooden Robot Brewery. Fill the Kids First Toy Van. The Wooden Robot Brewery is partnering with Kids First of the Carolinas to help kids in need this season. Enjoy some good drinks, bring unwrapped new toys and start the countdown to the holiday season!
- Wednesday, December 13th 6 pm-9 pm Birdsong Brewing Co. Type 1 is for the birds. Come hang out and have a holiday drink at FFT1’s last social gathering of the year. BONUS-Birdsong Brewing Co. is generously donating $1 from the purchase of each one of their delicious drafts from 6pm-8pm to FFT1, Charlotte’s local-only T1D nonprofit. Come celebrate the holidays with us and contribute to charity at the same time. It’s literally WIN-WIN!