Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, March 11th. Beer & Cupcakes Pairing! Sycamore Brewing. 4 pm-10 pm. Because who doesn’t LOVE a FREE cupcake from Smallcakes Steele Creek with a purchase of a flight/pint? There is a special Sycamore Beer Cupcake is in the making… Can you guess which beer we will be using?! See you soon! Cheers!(Vegan/Gluten-Free options will be available!)
- Wednesday, March 11th. D9 Brewing Co. Tasting! Carolina Beer Temple. 6 pm-8 pm. Join us from 6-8pm on Wednesday, March 11th for a beer tasting with D9 Brewing Co! Beers TBD!
- Thursday, March 12th. Irish Stout Release. Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. 3 pm-10 pm. Celebrate Paddy’s Day early with a pint of Irish Stout!
- Thursday, March 12th. Cookie-Inspired Beer Preview Night & Cookie Pairing. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Join us for a Cookie-Inspired Beer preview night at our North End location where we will be serving up one of our most popular seasonals by the pint or flight! We will also be pairing up each flight with the 4 cookies that inspire these delicious brews! And if you’d rather enjoy a whole pint, you’ll be able to order them without cookies as well. 👌
– Coconut & Chocolate Ale (Blonde Ale brewed with coconut and cocoa nibs)
– Mint Porter (Porter brewed with mint)
– Lemon Shortbread Kolsch (Kolsch Ale brewed with lemons)
– Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brown Ale (Brown Ale brewed with cocoa nibs and peanut butter)
Cookie Flight: $10
No four-packs will be available for purchase until 3/13 on the official release day.
- Thursday, March 12th. Wild and Sour Beer Education. The Hop Shop 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Join us for an exclusive guided beer tasting led by our friend Adam with Allagash Brewing Company!
Learn how the brewers at Allagash craft their wild and sour ales, and taste the nuances of flavor as Adam guides you through a series of carefully curated, limited production beers. Keep your Allagash tasting glass.
Q&A session after the tasting. Limited bottles are available for purchase.
Farm to Face
I Believe in Love
Limited seats. Presale tickets are available now at the bar. $25.
- Thursday, March 12th. Dry Irish Stout Release. Triple C. Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Always After Me Lucky Charms Dry Irish Stout!
This sessionable stout pours an almost opaque black with an off-white head. Aromas of dark roasted coffee and perfectly toasted bread. Smooth roast flavors with a touch of cold brew coffee on the tongue and a dry finish.
- Thursday, March 12th. Olde Hickory Event. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Ballantyne. 6 pm-8 pm. Olde Hickory will be here with swag giveaways and free beer samples!
Death By Hops
- Friday, March 13th. Cookie Beers Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. ** Available at both taprooms. **
Join us for one of our favorite (and tastiest) events of the year. 👌 🍪
We’re thrilled to be bringing back our highly anticipated cookie-inspired beers:
– Coconut & Chocolate Ale
– Mint Porter
– Lemon Shortbread Kolsch
– Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brown Ale
Just like last year, we expect the MIXED FOUR-PACK cans to sell out quickly, so be sure to get here early if you want to claim a couple for yourself!
- Friday, March 13th. Varsity Barleywine & Shadow Puppet Release. Town Brewing Company. 2 pm-11 pm. Intensely malty and complex, this rich barleywine boasts notes of caramel, toffee, orange marmalade, and dried dates. Chinook hops provide a pleasant balance to the malt sweetness. A rich, velvety body and smooth warmth from the alcohol combine to make this great sipper that will age gracefully for as long as you can resist popping the cap. Barleywine is life! Don’t let your eyes deceive you! While dark in hue, Shadow Puppets is a far cry from the boozy, sweet pastry stouts that have come to dominate the dark beer landscape in recent years. This sessionable, Czech-inspired dark lager balances rich malt character and light roast with the pleasantly mild flavor and bitterness of Saaz hops. The result is a smooth, easy-drinking dark beer with the refreshingly crisp finish that lovers of lagers crave.
- Friday, March 13th. Wicked Weed Pint Night. Mac’s Speed Shop Southend. 7 pm Free Tickets at eventbrite.com Wicked Weed Pint Night @ 7 pm!
Wicked Weed will be here with specials and swag for a Pint Night!
Watch the ACC Semi-Finals!
Brewery of The Month Friday!
$4 Wicked Weed Beers
$6 Carolina Mules
- Saturday, March 14th. St. Patrick’s Day Bash. Sugar Creek Brewing. 11 am-11 pm. Don’t miss our St Patty’s Day celebration next Saturday the 14th with Live music 3-6pm. We’ll be tapping our Irish Red Ale the Snake Chaser and serving up Irish Car Bombs made with Sugar Creeks Belgian Pastry Stout!
- Thursday, March 14th. St. Pat’s Day Return of the Emerald Curtain! Red Clay Ciderworks. 12 pm-11 pm. Our St. Patrick’s Day small-batch, The Emerald Curtain, is making its return for year 3!
This all-natural, green-inspired, semi-dry cider starts with sweet & tart kiwi, moves to cool cucumber in the middle, and culminates in a citrusy lime finish.
Happy St Pat’s Day!
- Saturday, March 14th. Paloma Gose Can Release! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bright Lime, Agave Syrup and Just a Pinch of Salt, All Layered Over a Tart Gose Base. Welcome to the Fiesta! Just in time for St. Patricks Day Par-tay!!