Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Wednesday, March 4th. Small Batch: Frolicking Fig with Almond & Oak. GoodRoad Ciderworks. 4 pm-10 pm. We’re tapping an almond & oak version of a fan favorite mead, Frolicking Fig! Catch it in our taproom starting Wednesday, 3/4!
- Wednesday, March 4th. Temple Talks: Wild Ales. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. join us for discussion and sampling of Wild (sour) ales in our latest Temple Talks presentation.
Wild ales are a bit like the natural wines of the beer world. They’re fermented with wild (or natural) yeasts, imbuing them with a funk-fuelled flavor profile—think earthy, sour cherry, barnyard, bacon, or desiccated pear. Nearly extinct 20 years ago, this beer style was rescued from obscurity by American craft beer bars and brewers who worshipped its weird, funky flavors. Join Certified Cicerone Aaron Gore on a journey into Wild Ales.
- Thursday, March 5th. Steam Punk Beer Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. We brewed this small batch for the 2020 Queen City Brewers Festival and saved a keg for our taproom! Steam Beer is deep amber in color with a thick creamy head and rich, distinctive flavor. Brewed in the historic vein of old, this beer is a tip of the hat to one of the oldest styles in America.
- Thursday, March 5th. IPA Series Release: Interstellar Feller. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. It’s almost time for our first IPA Series release of the year! We hope you join us for the release of Interstellar Feller! We will be releasing Interstellar Feller on draft and in cans on 3/5/20 at 3p.
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Interstellar Feller, the latest in our IPA series. Strata, Comet and Idaho 7 hops give this beer a unique West Coast dankness with hints of passion fruit, grapefruit, and red berry. Smooth and bright, this IPA will have you seeing stars!
- Thursday, March 5th. Irish Red Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Paddy’s Day is just around the corner!
- Friday, March 6th. Par 4 Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Stay in the zone with a low ABV beer that still packs robust flavor and mouthfeel. Brewed with nearly four pounds of hops per barrel and mashed with oats, Par 4 has a smooth and balanced body to even out the payload delivered by a bouquet of select West Coast hops.👌
This session IPA, sitting at 4% ABV, will be available on draft and in cans at both locations! 🍻
- Friday, March 6th. Wicked Weed 50 Tap Takeover and Live Music. Mac’s Speed Shop Steele Creek. 7 pm- 10 pm. Free tickets at eventbrite.com. Wicked Weed 50 Tap Takeover and Live Music by Flannel is the New Black @7PM!
Brewery of The Month Friday!
$4 Wicked Weed Beers
$6 Carolina Mules
- Friday, March 6th. Bramblin’ Blackberry a Seasonal Cider. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-11 pm. You know springtime is here and summer is just around the corner when we release Bramblin’ Blackberry!
So please join us Friday, March 6th to be the first to taste this year’s batch! Available to enjoy on draft or to take home in 4 packs of 16oz cans!
- Saturday, March 7th. Unknown Brewing’s 6.5ish Anniversary Music Festival. The Unknown Brewing Company. 12:30 pm-11. Tickets free at Eventbrite.com. The Unknown Music Festival is back, March 7th! The best Anniversary party in the QC & IT’S COMPLETELY FREE! JUST RSVP!
Kelley Jo & Phriends: 4:50-5:50p
Akita: 6:05- 7:05p
No BS! Brass Band: 7:25-8:8:25p
Empire Strikes Brass: 8:45- 9:50p
Petey Pablo: 10:00p
6.5ish Kriek Sour Ale Release: 12p in the Tap Room!
Beer & Wine Specials, Charlotte’s Best Food Trucks, Fireworks Show, Festival Shenanigans & A FREE Rockin’ South End Concert!
The first 75 people get an Unknown Gift Bag with RSVP!
- Saturday, March 7th. 2 Year Anniversary Celebration. Divine Barrel Brewing. 12 pm-11pm. We’re quickly coming up on our 2nd Anniversary, and we can’t wait to throw down and celebrate on Saturday, March 7 with all of you amazing people who’ve helped us reach this milestone! You can expect a day full of beer releases, 3 amazing and different bands, and Hot Tamale serving delicious Mexican all day! We’ll be releasing some special barrel-aged and non-BA beers that were crafted specifically for this momentous occasion. We’ll have fun collabs and even a couple guest taps again. We can’t wait to share this special day with you, but we’re not done yet… we’ve got a couple more surprises up our sleeves to announce before the event!
- Saturday, March 7th. OMB Cans Release Party. The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. For the first time ever, on Saturday, March 7th, you’ll be able to purchase OMB BEER IN CANS!!!
We’re releasing Copper Altbier, Captain Jack Pilsner, Hornets Nest Hefeweizen, 704 Hazy Wheat Ale, and our seasonal Früh Bock in BPA-free cans starting at 11am on Saturday, March 7th!
Please come to the OMB Brauhaus to purchase our cans.
Everyone who stops in to buy a 4-pack of our 16 oz. cans will receive a free OMB koozie! Choose from 5 different colors!
During the day we’ll be serving draft beer in our taprooms and Bier Hut. We’ll also have some fun food specials to complement the momentous day.
Stay tuned to our social media for a few more surprises/contests leading up to March 7th.
** PLEASE NOTE ** We ask that you not open the cans on-premise to drink. Any packaged beer (including cans) must be taken off-site to be consumed.