Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Friday, January 17th. Citrus Pale Ale Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. *This release will be available at both locations.*
Join us for a refreshing Pale Ale brewed with Citra hops, sitting at 5.10% ABV. This zesty brew was fermented on Valencia orange peel for the perfect combination of flavors.
- Friday, January 17th. Apricot Head Rush Brett Beer. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. We took our base Brett beer and added a copious amount of apricots. We re-fermented the fruit in the base beer after primary foeder fermentation to extract the aromatics and flavors of the fruit. Apricots lend this beer a vibrant golden orange color and aromas of peach cobbler and preserves. The fruitiness of the nose is accompanied by undertones of wet oak along with a touch of barnyard and earthy funk.
- Saturday, January 18th. Other Half Collab Can Release. Resident Culture Brewing Company. 12 pm-6 pm. A few weeks ago, we had the honor of hosting our friends at Other Half Brewing Company from Brooklyn for a double brew day.
We’re celebrating these beautiful beers being ready with a bottle share patio party to kick things off, and Other Half Tap Takeover hitting the taproom, and releasing 4x new cans (2x OH collab cans).
Super excited to share these tropical bombs with you, along with a few others.
Doors open at Noon, NO NUMBERS.
- Saturday, January 18th. Picobath: Yes Ma’am Brett IPA. Thirsty Nomad. 1 pm-10 pm. A fruit-forward, dry, and moderately bitter IPA. Brett IPAs predate and presage the juicy craze and stand out like a signpost on the road to more flavorful hop-forward beers. Fermented in a barrel, this was a fun experiment that we’ll likely never do again. All things must pass.
As most of our experiments, quantities are extremely limited and only available at Thirsty Nomad’s taproom. These things go quick, get it while you can!
- Sunday, January 19th. PTT x Resident Culture Brewing Tap Takeover! Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 12 pm-10:30 pm. We’re partnering up with our funky friends from Plaza Midwood for our first tap takeover in the new decade! This one is going to be pretty special as there are 2 special collaboration beers from Other Half Brewing that you don’t want to miss!
// DA BEERS//
> SLEEPING ON THE BLACKTOP – Collab with Other Half Brewing – Hazy Triple IPA // 9.5% ABV // DDH with our 2019 Citra, Simcoe, and the experimental variety HBC 692. A giant burst of fruit juice, sunshine, and cosmic vibes.
> BEAUTY HAS IT HARD Collab with Other Half Brewing – Rustic Table Lager // 3.5% ABV // Hopped with aged hops and Mandarina Bavaria. Earthy, herbal, hay-like, bitter, and super dry & CRUSHABLE.
> SECOND COMING – Hazy IPA // 6.5% ABV // Dry Hopped with three of the new crazy sexy cool hops: Strata, Sabro, and HBC692. Minty pineapple juice with hints of coconut and mango. A total standout and one of the more unique hop profiles to ever come out of our brewhouse.
> RE-UP PILS – Kellerpils // 5% ABV // – Hopped with Summer and French Aramis. FYI Kellerpils is an unfiltered lager and is typically not lagered quite as long as others which results in the haze. Crisp and dry with a nice little hop bite.
> DOUBLE UNIVERSE – Hazy Double IPA // 8.2% ABV // DDH with 100% 2019 Citra hops. Tropical Fruit notes & dank orange peel all up in your mouth hole.
> EMERGENCY MEDITATION – Hazy Pale Ale // 5.8% ABV // Hopped w/ Strata, Vic Secret, & Mosaic Cryo
> A surprise Hazy Double IPA will be the 7th keg to be put on!