Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, August, 21st. Sycamore Beer Pairing and Charcuterie Class. Sycamore Brewing. 6:30 pm-8 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com Come chat with Chef Alisha at Sycamore Brewing, where you’ll pair a seasonal Sycamore flight with delicious Charcuterie. Chef Alisha will teach you how to take care of your boards, select just the right meats and cheeses for any budget, and let you in on some excellent catering tricks. She’ll introduce you to some luscious Italian flavors and offer you some Instagram worthy boards! Mix, Mingle, and Mangia! Grab some friends and enjoy the night!
- Wednesday, August 21st. Birdsong Brewing Event. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Uptown. 6 pm-8 pm. Enjoy Birdsong Swag giveaways and free beer samples!
Game Winner IPA
- Thursday, August 22nd. Seasonal Release: Wake Up Coffee Vanilla Porter. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. As Summer winds down and your palate starts to crave something dark, join us for the release of our Fall Seasonal- Wake Up Coffee Vanilla Porter! We’ll be releasing draft and cans of Wake Up on Thursday, 8/22 at 3p!
Our Wake Up Porter is an irresistibly smooth brew with locally roasted coffee and fresh vanilla beans. We use Central Coffee Co.‘s Sumatra Lintong coffee and carefully chosen specialty malts to create a warm foundation and light body. Madagascar vanilla beans lend a subtle sweetness on the finish that you’ll notice at the end of every velvety sip.
- Thursday, August 22nd. Divine Barrel Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple Charlotte. 7 pm-10 pm Divine Barrel Brewing have been some of our absolute favorites in Charlotte since they first started brewing award-winning beers. Whether it’s their GABF Medal Winning Big Lubelski Gratzer, their insanely refreshing Cadillac Rainbows Berliner Weisse, or their Defensive Pancake Stout, they have never ceased to impress and amaze. This time around, we are tapping up a few new favorites. After all, we are a Temple, and what could be better for a temple than a touch of the Divine?
-Brettrospective Foeder-Aged Saison
-Strictly Genteel West Coast IPA
-Zest Intentions Sour Witbier
-Beer Flavored Beer American Lager
- Friday, August 23rd. Triple Can Release 8.23.19. Wooden Robot Brewery. 3 pm- 12 pm. TRIPLE CAN RELEASE! FRIDAY AUGUST 23RD AT 3PM
Join us Friday 08.23.19 for the Triple Can Release of Botoberfest, Overachiever & Green Beast!
Can Release Details:
Botoberfest – Oktoberfest-Style Lager $14 (+ tax)
Overachiever – Juicy Pale Ale $14 (+ tax)
Green Beast – IPA $16 (+ tax)
Sold in 4-packs (16oz) – No individual cans
No purchase limit
Sales will commence at 3pm at BOTH The Brewery in South End & The Chamber in NoDa.
* These beers can not be consumed on-premise *
This beer will be FRESH! We will have a limited quantity of all three beers on draft. Come party with us!
- Friday, August 23rd. Radio Haze Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. The return of this Juicy Hazy IPA is back, but this time we turned the juice up to 11. 👌 It’s a different batch from the last and brewed with your feedback in mind! It’s also brewed in partnership with The Woody and Wilcox Show.
Radio haze, our latest year-round beer, is brewed with a fantastic hop blend that leads to mostly upfront juicy and tropical hop aroma. The hop blend consists of Mosaic, Citra, Centennial, and Chinook hops. Sitting at 6% ABV, it’s a whole lot of flavor without much bitterness. It’s hazy and smooth with a medium body, from heavy use of Torrified Wheat and Oats.
Join us in the taproom on August 26th to get your hands on this new mouthwatering brew. It will be available on tap and in four-packs. You’ll also be able to purchase it around town the following week. 🍺
- Saturday, August 24th. Pumpkin Latte Blonde Can Release Party! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Did you know that if you say ‘Pumpkin Latte Blonde’ 3x in a row, a girl in yoga pants will appear to tell you what she loves most about Fall? Join us Saturday, August 24th at 12noon for our can release!
- Saturday, August 24th, Beer & Dessert Day! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Your Mom’s Donuts & Holy City Waffles! Beer Pairings, Good Times! Family Friendly! Pumpkin Latte Blonde release!
- Saturday, August 24th. Big OH Fest. Sugar Creek Brewing. 11 am-12 pm. As one of Charlotte’s most popular beers, The BIG Oh continues to grow and become a local Charlotte favorite. So we had this idea to celebrate this amazing beer with its own festival with all things OH! We’ll have live music, New BIG Oh merchandise, Special Big Oh beer releases with the release of the all-new “little oh”(session) and great beer specials! Come get some Oh! Saturday, August 24th.
Brother Watts 2pm-7pm
Rocking out an eclectic mix of hits from the ’80s ’90s and today
Big Oh Merchandise-
Limited time Glassware- Details to follow
Launching two new Big Oh t-shirt designs
$4 Big Oh Draught
$6 4 pack Big Oh To-Go
Big Oh Brose- Blood Orange Slushy
Small Batch Release- Little Oh (Session Blood Orange IPA)
- Monday, August 26th. Mecktoberfest Märzeb Lager Release. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-9 pm. Get ready! Mecktoberfest is back on August 26th!
Just in time for football season and everything we love about Fall!
Mecktoberfest is wildly popular and beloved throughout the Charlotte region. As OMB’s Fall seasonal, Mecktoberfest is available in late August to November each year on draft (OMB Brauhaus & Biergarten and your favorite bars & restaurants in the Charlotte area), and in 6-packs and 12-packs at your local store.
Rich and malty up front with a smooth satisfying finish, Mecktoberfest is a classic Märzen-style amber lager (known more popularly as the original Oktoberfest Bier). At 5.4% ABV and 24 IBU, Mecktoberfest is very well balanced; additionally, its strikingly beautiful, crystal clear burnt orange/amber hue (8.8 SRM).
Mecktoberfest is in a small, elite class of beers who have won medals in international competitions on both sides of the Atlantic:
GOLD – European Beer Star (Nuremberg, Germany)
SILVER – Great American Beer Festival (Denver, CO)
These competitions are the two of the most prestigious and difficult, with thousands of beers entered, hundred-member judging panels, and multiple days of blind tastings. To win two medals on two continents is an amazing feat and is the highest recognition of OMB’s dedication to quality and traditional brewing methods.
Like all OMB beers, Mecktoberfest is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.” In line with Reinheitsgebot, it was brewed using natural carbonation from the pure CO2 produced by the yeast during fermentation. We pull our brews from our lager tanks weekly, so you know it’s fresh. And, it was kept cold from production to delivery to you, because all beer should be kept cold to maximize freshness. We hope you enjoy this pure, fresh, cold beer. Prost!