Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, June 19th. 2x Peach Sour Preview at Salud! Salud Beer Shop. 5 pm-8 pm. You’re invited to an EXCLUSIVE first look at two of our most exciting fruited sours yet! Be the first to try this year’s Springs Farm Peach Sour and the first-ever Big Red Peach Sour (see details below.) It’s all going down this Wednesday, June 19 at Salud in NoDa starting at 5pm!
This all leads up to our double bottle release and Peach Party this Saturday, June 22nd from 12-2pm! Both bottles will be available for purchase starting then, plus we’ll have some live music, peach treats from Springs Farm and Button Macarons, and even a Peach Bake Off.
The Springs Farm Peach // 7% ABV
A beer near and dear to Fort Mill’s hearts, this peach sour proudly features 500 pounds of local Springs Farm peaches added in secondary fermentation. We aged this beauty in neutral wine barrels with a mixed culture of Belgian and Brett yeast for nine months, giving the beer a winey quality that slowly unveils itself as the palate adjusts.
$18 including tax, 500ml. No limit!
Big Red Peach Sour // 7% ABV
Our base golden sour was aged in our Italian Chianti wine cask for 7 months. Featuring 250 pounds of “big red” peaches from Springs Farm in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
$18 including tax, 500ml. No limit!
Finally, we’d like to extend a big THANK YOU to Salud for hosting this special event!! We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- Thursday, June 19th. Tap-Takeover with Frog Level Brewing Co. The Wine Shop River Gate. 6 pm-9 pm. Tap take-over, by Frog Level Brewing Co., join us from 6:00-9:00pm June 19th – for a fun night of Brews and Bites! Special Beer Bites pairing menu!
Pints, Fights, and more!!
- Thursday, June 20th. Seasonal Release: Fake Plastic Trees! Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10pm. Fake Plastic Trees is BACK! Join us for the release of Charlotte’s favorite Summer brew and the ORIGINAL Hazy IPA! Cans and draft will go on sale on 6/20/19 at 3pm!
Cascade | Sorachi Ace | Comet
Refreshing and distinctive, Fake Plastic Trees is summer in a glass. Lemon citrus notes and a piney hop bitterness compliment a wheat-based malt bill for a Hazy IPA that’s incredibly drinkable no matter the occasion.
- Thursday, June 20th. Resident Culture Preview Event Vol. 3. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11:30 pm. Resident Culture is launching 4 cans on Saturday, but they just couldn’t wait! We will be tapping all four a full 2 days before they are available in the taproom. You won’t find this beer anywhere else in the city on Thursday, even at the brewery! Growlers will also be available, so if you want to take some home early, we are happy to save you the drive to Plaza. After all, with fantastic beer and fantastic company comes fantastic times.
Skeleton Crew Hazy IPA – 7% ABV – Generously hopped with Simcoe and Vic Secret for a piney, tropical punch
Highly Suspicious Hazy Oat DIPA – 8% ABV – Brewed with 60% Oats and hopped with Enigma and Citra, with lemon zest in the whirlpool for a little something extra. Collaboration w/ Greenville, SC’s 8th State Brewing
Plus returning favorites Pils Don’t Pay the Bills Pilsner and Whatever You Feel Just Dance It Hazy IPA!
- Friday-Saturday, June 21st-22nd. $3 Beer Special Celebration! Sycamore Brewing. Friday 12pm-Saturday 11pm. 2 Day Event! $3 on select cans-o-beer! Food Truck Friday on Friday + Psychedelic Flow Can Release Saturday! Live music by Pluto for Planet, Clyde Derberry, and ScOOt Pittman! Very good times. See YOU this weekend!
- Friday, June 21st. Sunkissed Watermelon Kolsch. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. We heard you like watermelon. This classic German style Kolsch has a splash of watermelon. Incredibly crisp, and highly refreshing. Grab your sunscreen, this is the summer beer you need!
- Saturday, June 22nd. Psychedelic Flow Can Release. Sycamore Brewing. 12pm-11 pm. Join us on Saturday, June 22nd in the Sycamore Beer Garden for our Psychedelic Flow Can Release Party! Take a hoppy trip. Its time to fly. Double Dry-Hopped with the Good Stuff. This Psychedelic Flow. Relax, Unwind.
- Tuesday, 25th. IT’S BACK! – Improper Glassware Night. The Unknown Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. The beer we take seriously; everything else, not so much…Come hang on the lighter side of things and raise a traffic cone, pot, boot or whatever vessel is holding your beer to Improper Glassware Night!
Join us on Tuesday, June 25th for Improper Glassware Night! We will pour up to 16oz into any item, excluding high gravity beers. We want to see your craziest drinking vessels, so get creative, there will be prizes for the best improper glassware!