Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, July 5th. PTT X Resident Culture Tap Takeover Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 2 pm-10 pm. We’re back at it with another great tap takeover with our homies in Plaza Midwood, Resident Culture!! These are preview beers that will be released at the brewery on June 8th. Come be the first in Charlotte to try these amazing brews!
//BEERS ON TAP//
UNIVERSAL MIND – HAZY IPA // 7% ABV // One of our all-time favorites coming back home to the ranch. DDH exclusively with Citra. Tropical fruit and citrus all up in your mouth hole.
DON’T READ THE COMMENTS Collab with WeldWerks Brewing (Greeley, CO) – Imperial Stout // 13% ABV // A decadent Peanut Butter & Coconut stout of creamy dreams. Ideal for cloud sitting, puff popping, and rich, sunshine fields of ponder.
NEW BOOT GOOFIN’ – HAZY IPA // 6.5% ABV // Bringing back this bad boy for ya. Dry hopped with over 3 lbs per barrel of Citra, Ekuanot, Simcoe, Mosaic, and Cashmere for all the juice. The tropics are real, y’all. This one’s “Just goofin’. New boot goofin’.”
- Thursday, June 6th. Beer Pairing Dinner. Legion Brewing South Park. 6:30 pm-9 pm. Tickets at http://www.Eventbrite.com. Join us Thursday, June 6th for our second Beer Pairing Dinner! Chef Gene Briggs has cultivated a multi-course dinner with an intentionally paired beer for each course. Kick things off with a welcome reception at 6:30pm and sit down for a fun and interactive meal at 7:00pm.
Tickets for this event are $60 per person. To reserve your space, purchase your Event Deposit here for $30. At the end of the event, each guest will pay for the remaining $30 plus tax and 20% gratuity.
BEER PAIRING DINNER MENU:
Yellowfin tuna, fresh papaya, fresh mango, tomato, chili de Arbol, garlic, lime, agave nectar, jicama, avocado, cilantro
Beer Pairing – Gaze of Eternity
Beer Roasted Marrow Bones
With mushroom duxelle, parsley, and sweet onion toast
Beer Pairing – Slainte
Wood Roasted Grouper Fillet
With a crab, corn and sea island red pea succotash marinated cherry tomatoes and basil oil
Beer Pairing – Legion American Wheat
Stone Fruit Panzanella
With a supernova zabaglione
Beer Pairing – Supernova
- Friday, June 7th. If You Don’t know, Now You Know. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. It was all a dream, except this release. Join us on Friday, June 7th for your favorite Juicy IPA, sitting at 6% ABV. This Juicy IPA was brewed with an insane amount of Amarillo, then double dry-hopped with Cascade, Citra, and Simcoe. 🍻
- Friday, June 7th. Small Batch Release: Raspberry Lavender. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-11 pm. For this month’s small batch we’re featuring a raspberry semi-sweet infused with lavender.
A little sweet, a little tart, and just a hint of lavender.
- Saturday, June 8th. Even Shitter Trailer Park Party. The Unknown Brewing Company. 6 pm-9 pm. Join us for our Even Shittier Beer Release Party! We will be releasing our Even Shittier Light Lager the only way that seemed fitting, an Even Shittier Trailer Park Party!
On Saturday, June 8th from 6pm-9pm, we are classing it up with an Even Shittier Trailer Park Party! The party wouldn’t be complete without ax throwing with The Flying Hatchet, Trailer Park Olympics, live music and great food and more!
Register your team of four for Trailer Park Olympics today! Compete in a watermelon seed spitting competition, plunger races and more for your chance to win Unknown Brewing Co. gift cards! Attire will also factor into your teams points so break out your Even Shittier Trailer Park attire! Register here – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050E4BACAD2BA2FD0-trailer
So, comb your mullet, shine your cowboy boots and join us for an Even Shittier Party!
- Saturday, June 8th. Tangerine Dream Release. Lenny Boy Brewing Company. 11 am-11 pm. On Saturday we are releasing one of our favorite fruited beers 🍊🍻🍊🍻
Tangerine Dreamz is a delicious Witbier with a layered aroma of tangerines and spices. Our spice blend includes coriander and chamomile. We also added a little lactose to smooth out the beer. Tangerine Dreamz is super refreshing and might be your new go-to beer to beat the heat!
Tangerine Dreamz won the Silver Medal in the North Carolina Brewers Cup in the Fruited Beer category in 2018. We have been looking forward to making this beer available for everyone to enjoy in cans this year.
- Saturday, June 8th. Hazy River IPA v4. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm. Hazy River IPA is a collaboration with the Catawba River Keeper. A portion of the process to go helping keeping rivers and streams clean around our area! Loads of Simcoe, Mosaic, and Idaho 7 hops were used in this brew.
- Sunday, June 9th, Jester King Brewery Beer Dinner. The Cellar at Duckworth’s. 1 pm-4 pm. Tickets at http://www.eventbrite.com $80.00. Join us for a delicious 5-course dinner featuring Jester King Brewery from Austin, TX! We’re eager to pair Jester King’s rustic and spontaneously fermented ales with an exclusive menu crafted by Chef Fred Quinones and influenced by their beers.
Don’t miss your chance to try some of their most limited beers that normally are not available outside of the brewery. Jester King artist Josh Cockrell and Sous Chef Jonah Lipscomb will be on hand! Tickets are Pre-Sale only and very limited!
Soft Boiled Egg, Brussels Sprout Avocado Slaw, Lemon Lime Ponzu Vinaigrette
Jester King Provenance Lemon Lime
2) Warm Red & Golden Beet Salad
Humboldt fog, Crisp Serrano, Pickled Cauliflower
Jester King Spon 3 Year Blend
3) Duck Crepinette
Stewed Garbanzo, Fennel, Smoked Maple, Duck Cracklings
Jester King KVASS
4) Lacquered Lamb Chops
French Lentils, Bourbon Cherries, Watercress, Macadamia
Jester King Montmorency vs Balaton
5) Strawberry Panna Cotta
Berry Marshmallow, Gingersnap Crumble, Candied Bacon Powder & Red Grape Gastrique
Jester King Spon Shiraz & Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tuesday, June 11th. Woody & Wilcox’s Beer Club. NoDa Brewing Company. 5 pm-7 pm. Join us for Woody and Wilcox’s Beer Club! This pop-up event is our first of the season. As always, a surprise will be awaiting anyone that joins us, and TIN Kitchen will be on the premises serving up delicious dinner!