Here are this week’s news happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, January 24th. Canned Beer Appreciation Day. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11:30 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. In November of 1933, preparing for the upcoming repeal of Prohibition, Gottfried Krueger Brewing produced the first beer ever packaged in cans. Now, more than eight decades later, the idea of so many of our favorite beers not being available in cans is absolutely unthinkable. So help us celebrate the humble beer can in the only way we know how: by drinking its contents! All day we will be offering 20% off of any canned beer in the store. That’s right, no matter the beer, the brewer, or the style, all canned beer will be 20% off! We will also be waving any corkage fees for canned beer consumed on-premise for the entire day. After all, doesn’t canned beer deserve a little respect and admiration?
- Thursday, January 24th. All Dogged Up at GoodRoad Ciderworks. 5 pm-7 pm. Join All Dogged Up EVERY Thursday night from 5 pm-7 pm at Good Road Ciderworks for grooming services provided in our grooming truck parked on-site. The following services available on a first come basis:
-Bath/Nails for dogs under 60 lbs-$20
-Bath/Nails for dogs over 60 lbs-$26
-Nails only $12
*Friendly reminder: please tip your groomer!
NOTE: due to health department code, our canine friends must remain on the patio.
- Friday, January 25th. Ry Smile Pilot Batch Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. The rustic, spicy character of the rye malt makes this pale ale something special. Balanced with Chinook and Citra hops, adding citrus and pine flavors.
- Friday, January 25th. Beer Release: Blueway Keller Pils. Blue Blaze Brewing. The first-time release of Blueway Keller Pils (5.4%) in a super small batch on draught only. This golden, unfiltered German-style pilsner is so refreshing and tasty finishing up with a mild, zippy hoppiness from the noble hops. It’s .. ahem .. a killer pils!
We’ll have local food truck A Taste of Culture at 5pm.
What’s in a name? A blueway is a water trail for outdoor recreationalists, such as kayakers.
Swing by the taproom from 2:00 – 10:00 for a pint!
(With super limited quantities, please no pitchers or growlers. Thank you!)
- Friday, January 25th. Captain Peanut Butter’s Chocolate Revenge Release. NoDa Brewing Co. 2 pm-10 pm. A big, malty and smooth Imperial Porter brewed with a massive load of cocoa nibs to give dark chocolate notes and roasted peanut butter to add a rich twist to this imposing dark beer.
Join us as we open early to kick off the chance to get this deliciously rich brew! Plus, while you’re here, enjoy grub from TIN Kitchen!
- Saturday, January 26th. Breakfast in Heaven – Can Release. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-11 pm. We finally packaged our annual BBA stout – Breakfast in Heaven. Little different format, 12oz 4-packs cans for $14.99. Sales start at 11am in the Taproom.
Breakfast in Heaven is a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout aged in Heaven Hills barrels with Madagascar vanilla beans, Counter Culture Coffee, cacao nibs, and lactose. 10% ABV. This bourbon barrel beer combines careful blending and proper aging to create a complex, enjoyable beer. The Imperial Stout base is thick and creamy – great flavors of vanilla and chocolate with subtle notes of dark fruit.
- Saturday, January 26th. Cajun Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm- 10 pm. Cajun Stout is a robust stout brewed with dark malts and a hint of cayenne pepper! Draft and crowler/growerls fills.
- Sunday, January 27th. Discovery Place Bug Lab comes to Birdsong! Birdsong Brewing Co. 12 pm-3 pm. This one’s for the kids but don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of delicious beer for the adults!
We’re excited to welcome Discovery Place Science back to Birdsong for some family fun w/ their Bug Lab mobile exhibit! d Beer
The event is free and will be on 1/27/19 from 12p-3p! Here are some examples of the activities we’ve got planned:
• Try eating edible crickets in fun flavors like cheesy ranch and get a “certified bug eater” button!
• Color a bug coloring sheet!
• Get a temporary bug tattoo!
• Get crafty and make a bug bookmark!
• Pop-up photo op!
- Sunday, January 27th. Service industry Sundays. Wooden Robot Brewery. 12 pm-9 pm. To show our appreciation for our friends in the biz, we are throwin’ down every Sunday with $1 off all 10 oz. pours & throwback tunes with your favorite WRB beertenders!
Come party like its Saturday Night for Service Industry Sundays at the Bot!
- Tuesday, January 29th. Modern Tims/Lord Hob Takeover. Salud Beer Shop. 5 pm-10 pm. Join us as we feature some of the best breweries in the country Modern Times of San Diego, CA and Lord Hobo Of Massachusetts. We’re featuring some tasty brews on draft and package.
- Tuesday, January 29th. Sierra Nevada Event! Duckworth Grill & Taphouse Uptown. 6 pm-8 pm. Sierra Nevada swag giveaways and free beer samples!
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Resilience IPA, Sierra Nevada’s brand new Brut IPA & Sierraveza will be on tap all month. Come getcha some!