Here are this week’s new’s and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina Area.
- Thursday, January 10th. Honey Pie Double IPA Release! Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. It’s no secret that our Honey Pie Double IPA is often referred to as “Heaven in a glass.” In this limited release brew, a solid malt foundation is complemented by a generous amount of locally harvested honey from Cloister Honey, and you guessed it… HOPS! Our unique blend of hops will deliver you aromas of honeydew and grapefruit, and will have you pouring the second beer before you’ve finished the first!
Join us for the release of Honey Pie Double IPA on 1/10/19! CANS and draft will go on sale at 3pm!
***Limit will be one case per customer, this is subject to change based on availability.
- Thursday, January 10th. Cheese Pairing with Orrman’s Cheese Shop. Carolina Beer Temple. 5 pm-11 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. What’s the only thing better than beer? Beer and cheese! With this in mind, we are working with Charlotte’s own Orrman’s Cheese Shop to bring you a spread of some of the finest cheeses the world over, paired with some of the choicest beers from across the globe. Tickets are only $20 for some of the finest cheeses and beers the world over. Rest assured that your taste buds will not want to miss this!
-Aarewasser Trappist-Style Cheese w/ Orval
-Etxegerai Sheep’s Milk Cheese w/ OMB Bauern Bock
-Stompetoren Aged Gouda w/ Sugar Creek Bier de Garde
-Stilton w/ Scratch Basil IPA
- Friday, January 11th. Beer Release: Muddy WatersBrown Ale. Blue Blaze Brewing. 4 pm-9 pm. Blue Blaze Brewing is re-releasing a taproom favorite, Muddy Waters American Brown Ale (5.0% ABV) in draught! This is an American brown ale that is a copper & medium body with medium roasted malt caramel-like aromas and flavors and zippy hop bitterness.
Food Truck – The Plated Palette
Swing by the taproom from 4:00 – 9:00 for a pint or growler to go!
- Friday, January 11th. River’s Edge Craft Beer Dinner featuring NoDa brewing. The U.S. National Whitewater Center. 6:30 pm-9 pm. Tickets at usnwc.org. Whitewater presents Craft Dinner, a winter dining series at River’s Edge. Featuring four courses that are uniquely off-menu, Craft Dinner tailors each course to the taste profile of four different beer samples from a local or NC-based brewery. A representative from the featured brewery will share palate notes for the culinary pairings.
January 11 features NoDa Brewing Company. View the evening’s menu and register at usnwc.org/relax/adventure-dining/rivers-edge-craft-dinner/
- Saturday, January 12th. Beer Release Blowout. Legion Brewing Commonwealth Ave. 12 pm-11 pm. We are kicking off the new year by tapping FIVE beers this Saturday, January 12th at Noon! Enjoy pints, or get a flight of all five for $10.
Farmers First Coffee Company will be on site from Noon-2PM with samples of coffee, and Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company will be here from 2-5PM with samples of some of their most popular juices and some fun swag!
Against the Current (Winter Saison) 7.1% ABV / 20 IBU
Medium-amber malt, Lithuanian farmhouse yeast, and a hefty 7.1% ABV lend a warm spice note to this Winter Saison, balanced by a subtly tart finish from 125 pounds of black currants.
Natalie’s Tangerine IPA (Tangerine IPA) 6.9% ABV / 75 IBU
Citrus-forward West Coast style IPA with pronounced bitterness balanced by a roundness from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company and a dry, refreshing finish leaving you wanting another drink
The Orange Chick (Hoppy Saison) 5.5% ABV / 20 IBU
This hoppy farmhouse ale was carefully hopped with Citra and has notes of orange peel, vanilla, and a Witbier-like citrusy aroma
Emiliano’s Andean Bock (Coffee Bock) 5.8% ABV / 20IBU
Brewed for the cold bite of winter and brewed in collaboration with our friends at Farmers First Coffee Company, this dark, malty beer has notes of toffee, and hints of chocolate and hazelnut
Brown Paper Bag (American Light Lager) 4.4% ABV / 15 IBU
Classic American Light Lager served as cold as the Appalachians. Brewed exclusively with North Carolina grown malt and non-GMO grits from our friends at Old School Mill.
- Saturday, January 12th, Charlotte Brew’d Tapping: Coffee Blonde and Porter. Brewers at 4001 Yancey 12 pm-2 pm. Join us for the tapping of our Charlotte Brew’d Victory Coffee Blonde and Southern Tier Porter!
Enderly Coffee will be here to sample and talk about the roast used in the Coffee Blonde and we’ll have some fun giveaways.
- Sunday, January 13th. Red Clay Raw Bar “Pop-Up”. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-5 pm. Join The Waterman at Red Clay Ciderworks for a FREE Raw Bar “Pop-Up” on Sunday, January 13th from 3-5PM.
Enjoy FREE Oysters on the half shell (till they run out) from The Waterman, delicious cider from Red Clay (including a Small batch release of “Pirate’s Bae”: a semi-dry cider infused with lemongrass, ginger, wasabi, and lemon zest), and giveaways!
Tag a friend, mark your calendar, and prepare for a great time!