Here are this week’s new and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, April 19th Session Coffee Porter Release. Catawba Brewing Co Charlotte. 2 pm-10pm This beer was cold-infused with Dynamite coffee to give it a rich coffee flavor without the bitter harshness! Yumm!
- Thursday, April 19th Third Thirsty Thursday. Legion Brewing. 6 pm-9pm. Come join us for a craft beer (or 2) while we and Legion Brewing sell raffle tickets for $5 each. Legion is donating a raffle basket containing a certificate for a brewery tour for four and some other goodies. We get the raffle ticket proceeds. Also, that night is Legion Brewing’s “30 Second Rocks Music Bingo” event, which should bring in a good crowd and is a fun activity.
- Friday, April 20th Lagunitas The Waldo’s Special Ale Tapping. Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Huntersville. 5 pm-8 pm. We’re tapping Lagunitas The Waldo’s Special Ale along with Scarcity #2 Rye Cocoa Porter & Scarcity #3 High West-fied Imperial Stout. Reps from Lagunitas will be here handing out beer samples and swag!
- Friday, April 20th Burial Beer Mobile Taproom. Salud Beer Shop. 5 pm. The Burial Mobile Taproom returns with 4 brewery only can Releases and 8 special drafts.
Ceremonial Vapors Session IPA
Inverted Fields Ablaze Smoked Maibock Three Floyd’s collab
The Savages Of Ruminating Minds DDH IPA sold out in Asheville
Anyway Guava IPA collab with Three’s Brewing
Cans are to go only
Limits to Be Determined
Draft List released Thursday Night.
- Saturday, April 21st Earth Day Party & Sunshine Gose Release! Birdsong Brewing Co. We’re celebrating Earth Day on 4/21/18 with the release of our new Sunshine Lemon Gose & a bunch of our friends who care about the Earth just as much as we do! We hope you can join us to celebrate your new favorite Spring/Summer brew & learn a little bit about this amazing planet that we live on and how to keep it spinning! Over here at Birdsong, we’re big fans of the environment. From cleaning up creeks to working with local farmers, our aim is to grow our sustainable efforts each year so we can continue to make a positive impact on our community. Thanks to our new rooftop solar array, we’re able to do just that. By harnessing the sun’s energy, our 75-watt 220-panel solar setup allows us to rely less on non-renewable fossil fuels, reducing our contribution to carbon emissions and coal ash that can harm the earth.
Not only are we releasing Sunshine Gose, but we’re celebrating by hosting a bunch of earth-friendly vendors and there will be a special giveaway for those who take the light rail or ride share to the event! Hint: You’ll need them because your future is SO BRIGHT!
Vendors will be on site from 1-5 and include Williams Subaru of Charlotte, Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation, 100 Gardens, King of Pops Charlotte, Renewable Energy Design Group, L3C, and the NC Dept of Environmental Quality!
Williams Subaru of Charlotte will be here with Eco-friendly giveaways such as recycled tote bags, recycled pens, eco coolies, recycled planters with seeds, recycled utensil sets, and sunglasses. They will also have some dog-friendly items as well! will also be collecting items for TerraCycle that will be upcycled into something for the community either a park bench, picnic table, or playground. For the TerraCycle boxes, they are collecting used Keurig pods, chip bags/snack wrappers, and disposable cups/lids. Williams Subaru of Charlotte will be purchasing beer for people who donate so start collecting NOW!
- Saturday/Sunday, April 21st-22nd Louisiana Spring Fest. The Old Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. Let the good times roll at The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery’s Eighth Annual Louisiana Spring Fest on April 21 & 22!
Like previous years, the festival will focus on authentic Louisiana cooking. Guest chef and Louisiana native Brett Harris returns — boiling fresh crawdads flown in overnight direct from the bayou. Other staples include mouthwatering jambalaya, boiled shrimp, red skin potatoes and corn on the cob. The Biergarten will be strewn with Mardi Gras beads ready-to-wear, while Cajun, Bluegrass and Jazz music plays all day. This year’s band lineup:
11a-2p: Boom Unit Brass Band (A “second line” brass band – a tradition at New Orleans’ parades)
3p-6p: The Local Boys (Features Guitar, Bass, Banjo, Dobro & Mandolin)
7p-10p: Carolina Gator Gumbo (A locally famous Cajun/Zydeco band)
11a-2p: The Local Boys (Features Guitar, Bass, Banjo, Dobro & Mandolin)
3p-6p: Carolina Gator Gumbo (A locally famous Cajun/Zydeco band)
7p-10p: Jazz Revolution (CLT’s six-piece jazz and soul band)
For beer, year-round offerings Copper Altbier, Captain Jack Pilsner, and Hornet’s Nest Hefeweizen will be on tap. Plus, OMB’s spring seasonal Früh Bock. This “Spring Bock” captures the promise of warmer days ahead, combining a slight malty sweetness with a refreshing touch of citrus aroma from its noble Bavarian hops.
And don’t forget: you can drink those fresh brews in OMB’s new 1 Liter steins or our regular 0.5L steins!
We hope you’ll join us for pure beer and fresh crawdads — and to celebrate the tradition and spirit of NoLa’s ‘bon temps’ culture. Prost!
Under 21 welcome at OMB. Pets welcome outside in our Biergarten. This is a free event.
- Saturday, April 21st Brunch, and Brews: Release of “A Blonde Named Rosa.” Legion Brewing. 10 am-2 pm. We have partnered up with our friends from Farmers First Coffee Company for our first coffee blonde ale, “A Blonde Named Rosa”, releasing this Saturday at 10AM during Brunch and Brews! Enjoy our made-to-order brunch menu, a piping hot cup of coffee and a pint of this delicious, easy drinking blonde at the same time!
Farmer’s First is committed to putting farmers first when sourcing their coffee.They pay a 50% bonus on top of the market price farmers receive, which is as much as four times higher than “fair trade.This delicious coffee is roasted nearby in Shelby, NC. Rosa’s Coffee comes from Bajo Ihuamaca (Peru) and has the taste of dark chocolate, almond, brown sugar, caramel, grape, and rose.
- Sunday, April 22nd Brunchin’ Bluegrass with The Bluegrass Sweethearts. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-8 pm. Sundays are for Brunchin’ & Bluegrass! Join us for our 3rd Bluegrass Brunch! Greek Eats food truck will be joining us and serving up everything from hashbrown waffles to Greek avocado croissants! And of course, no brunch is complete without Mimosas for the masses and your favorite Triple C brews!
Bring your bluegrass buddy and help us make a new favorite Sunday tradition!
Bluegrass music is happy music, come get happy 🙂
We are extremely lucky to have David and Valerie Mayfield “The Bluegrass Sweethearts” playing from 12ish to 3ish. We are open noon to 8pm.
- Monday, April 23rd Charlotte Sushi Class. Sycamore Brewing Company. 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets at http://www.briminghamsushiclasses.com. In this two hour, hands-on class, we’ll teach you to make perfect sushi rice, how to make all of your favorite sushi sauces (from eel sauce to BangBang & more), where to shop/what to buy and how to safely serve raw fish at home with confidence, according to health department standards. You’ll get two rolls to eat (we make one, you make the other) and a take-home cheat sheet filled with tips, tricks, and recipes!
- Tuesday, April 24th Rogue Ales Tapping. Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Ballantyne. 6 pm-8 pm. Beer list TBA – but watch out for some limited/rare beers from Rogue brewing!
Reps on hand for free beer samples and swag giveaways!
- Tuesday, April 24th Tap it Tuesday with Blake’s Hard Cider. Co. The Casual Pin (Rivergate) 6 pm-8 pm. If you haven’t tasted Blake’s Hard Cider you don’t want to miss out on April 24th. If you have then we know you’ll be there at 6:00 pm.