Here are this week’s beer news and events happening in and around Charlotte, NC area.
- Wednesday, April 11th The Unknown Brewery Co. Tap Takeover. Vinter’s Hill Bean to Vine Café. 6 pm-9 pm. he Unknown Brewing Co story:
At The Unknown Brewing Company, we are more than just a name. A name does not mean you make good beer, and good beer does not have to have a name.
Our job is to stand out. We are the open road with no destination. We are your first kiss or your last time jumping out of an airplane,
or whatever your wildest adventure is. We are The Unknown.
So if you need us to have a name, make one up. If you make one up we prefer you call us something with adventure, or America, or dragons or something epic.
That would be awesome. All we know is that we are good people whose mission is to make really great beer and have fun doing it.
So our call to you………. Step into the Unknown.
Come on out and taste some of their fabulous beers:
Ginger Wheat, Over The Edge American IPA, and Pre Game Pilsner
- Wednesday, April 11th Pour & Pair Night Wooden Robot Brewery. 6 pm-9 pm. Join us this Wednesday 4.11.18 from 6pm-till as we pour bottles of Direct Currant and Foeder for Thought paired with 2 Kre8 Gastropub menu items!
This night is for those of you that were unable to join us for the bottle release of Direct Currant! We saved a few bottles JUST FOR YOU!
Bottles will be purchased in the Kre8 Gastropub for $20 (while supplies last) and must be consumed on premise! We will have a special tapas-style pairing to accompany both beers!
Foeder for Thought:
Herb Seared Tiger Shrimp – Quinoa and Couscous Salad, Preserved Lemon & Shallot Vinaigrette
Lamb Meatball – Peruvian Potato, Orange Scented Goat Cheese, Forrest Mushroom Demi
Limited availability of both pairings and Direct Currant Bottles! Be sure to arrive early to guarantee your spot!
Come out and join the rendezvous of bottles and food!
- Thursday, April 12th The Offical Funky Buddha Launch Party! Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Huntersville. 6 pm-8 pm. We couldn’t be happier to welcome Funky Buddha to North Carolina! Ryan Sentz, the founder and developing brewer for Funky Buddha will be attending our event as well.
Let’s celebrate with a bunch of their best beers and tons of Funky Swag!
I Want It Now
Last Buffalo in the Park
Hansel NE IPA
- Thursday, April 12th NoDa’s Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Beer Event. Carolina Beer Temple. 6 pm-10 pm. On Thursday, April 12th we present NoDa Brewing Company‘s Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Beer Event! We will be featuring pints and flights of 4 fantastic NoDa brews along with their corresponding Girl Scout Cookies! The tap list will include:
Tag A Long (brown)
Lemon Shortbread (kolsch)
Minty Thin (porter)
We hope to see you on Thursday, April 12th as we have a fun pairing of NoDa’s Girl Scout Cooking Inspired Beers with… actual Girl Scout Cookies!
- Friday, April 13th Cheese & Cider Pairing. Red Clay Ciderworks. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are joining forces to bring you a sensational night of cheese and cider pairings! Cider maker Jay Bradish and cheese expert Rachel Klebaur will be on hand to walk you through four different pairings, each with their own delectable panache.
Seating for this event is limited, so don’t wait to purchase your ticket!
Ticket holders please check in at the bar upon arrival. Tickets at Eventbrite.
- Saturday, April 14th Sycamore Spring Fest 2018! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-10 pm. Our biggest celebration yet…Spring Fest 2018!
Celebrate Spring, Beer Drinking Weather, and Great Beer!
Live Music on two stages by some of the region’s best talent, Indoor and Outdoor Beer and Cider Stations, Prosecco-Pops, Limited Edition Event T-shirts, and Very Good Times!
- Saturday, April 14th Welcome Salud Cervecria! Temple Mojo. 2 pm-5 pm. Join us Saturday, April 14th as we welcome Salud Cerveceria for the very first time to Temple Mojo Growler Shop!
We will be featuring 4 of their delicious brews (TBD) all day long. Flights and growler fill will be available.
A rep will be out to hang out and discuss this CCharlotte-based brewery!
Hope to see you all out there!
- Sunday, April 15th Sunday Brunch with Red Clay. Red Clay Ciderworks. 12 pm-2 pm Swing by Red Clay and get your Brunch fix! PepperBox Doughnuts makes their return, and The Breakfast Food Truck returns to satisfy your savory desires!
As usual, you can wash it all down with a Cidermosa, Bellini or our newest concoction, the South Beach (a splash of ginger beer and mango nectar topped with Queen City Common and Cherry Bobbin’ Trolls!).
Don’t delay; when the food runs out, that’s it for the month, so come get your day started in the most delightful way!
- Tuesday, April 17th NoDable Release: Hop Experiment #10. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday! This week’s new brew is a brand new version of Woody and Wilcox’s Hop Experiment featuring Simcoe Cryo Hops.
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this brew to-go in cans!
- Tuesday, April 17th Sierra Nevada Orta Vez Side-by-Side Tapping. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Ballantyne. 6 pm-8 pm. Enjoy a unique side-by-side tasting of Sierra Nevada Otra Vez and the new Otra Vez variant with blue agave & lime peel! We’ll also be tapping the new Sidecar Orange IPA.