Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Thursday, March 8th Tap Take Over: Triple C Brewing Co. Growler USA Charlotte. 6 pm-9pm. We will have Triple C Brewing Company here to share some delicious brews and we will have Nate Randall Music here live as well! Make a date to head to the pub!
- Thursday, March 8th Kick the Keg Thursday. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-10 pm. Kick The Keg Thursday is back on March 8th. The basic premise: you help us by kicking a bunch of partial kegs that tend to accumulate as we rotate kegs on/off for various events and we’ll help you (not only is whatever amount of beer in the glass free when you kick the keg, but you’ll get a bit of SWAG too). It’s a win-win! We’ll be offering flights and discounted drafts all day on select kegs. (The specific list will vary as we… Kick The Kegs!) We’ll see you Thursday, March 8th.
- Friday, March 9th Small Batch Cider Release, The Emerald Curtin! Red Clay Cider Works. 3pm. For an early St. Patrick’s Day treat this year, we’re whipping up a special all-natural green-inspired cider with kiwi, cucumber, and lime; The Emerald Curtain! This semi-dry cider starts with sweet & tart kiwi, moves to cool cucumber in the middle, and culminates in a citrusy lime finish.
This small batch specialty won’t last long, and will be served in our taproom only!
- Friday, March 9th Design Your Own Sign. Good Road Ciderworks. 6:30 pm=9 pm. Come paint and design your own wood farmhouse style sign. Many designs to choose from.
- Saturday, March 10th. Hazy River IP Collaboration Can Release. Triple C Brewing Co. 12 pm-10 pm. Our first New England style IPA to be canned is a collaboration with TheCatawba Riverkeeper Foundation. $1 from each pint and 4 pack of cans will be donated. Pints are $6 and 4 packs are $15 with a case limit. We will do several differently hopped variants of this taproom only release with 30-40 cases each time. “Because Beer can be Hazy, but not our Rivers.”
Saturday, March 10th. Pink Robots Release: Raspberry & Blackberry Kettle Sour. Birdsong Brewing. 12 pm-10 pm. Coming back by VERY popular demand, we have a release date for Pink Robots Blackberry/Raspberry Kettle Sour! Hope you can join us for the release on Saturday, March 10th 2018!
Pink Robots is a light, refreshing kettle soured ale brewed with puréed raspberries & blackberries! Perfect for warm weather, this year’s 60 barrel batch will be soured in our kettle for several days before we boil it with over 500 lbs of puréed raspberries & blackberries!
We will be releasing this beer on draft & in CANS at 12pm! Cheers!
- Sunday, March 11th. Ales and Tales Brew Tour; Legion Brewing. Legion Brewing. 12 pm=4 pm. Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store is bringing back its Ales & Tails Brew Tour for 2018! We are hitting all the cool spots, bringing you awesome all-natural treats and fresh, uniquely blended food for your pups + kitties. NEXT STOP: Legion Brewing on March 11th from 12-4pm. Come hang out with us and support our rescue partner, North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue, bringing some cute adoptable pups. We are donating a percentage of our sales to the rescue and Legion will be making them the beneficiary of their Adventure Tap.
Need some extra puppy kisses? Step right up to The Ruff Life, LLC‘s smooching booth where kisses and cuddles abound. Continue this stress relieving journey by learning about all the services The Ruff Life has to offer; boarding, dog (or cat) walking, spa services, daycare, as well as your own personal pet Uber to help you keep up with your pet’s social life! The Ruff Life has personalized services that allow you to manage you and your pet’s needs hassle-free.
A portion of treat, merch and brew sales will be donated to the rescue by Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store, The Ruff Life, LLC & Legion Brewing.
Come hang out, get puppy kisses, drink and support locally.
Follow our Event’s page to get notified of other dates and stops in the series.
- Sunday, March 11th. Queen City Makers Market at Legion Brewing. Legion Brewing. 3 pm-7 pm. A solid group of local Makers coming together to drink some solid local beer and spend a solid Sunday together. What else could you possibly need? Delicious food?…Legion’s got that covered too.
Where: Legion Brewing on Commonwealth Ave in Plaza Midwood
When: Sunday, March 11th, 3-7pm
Free admission, free parking in Legion’s lot and on Commonwealth Ave spots. Family friendly, as far as breweries go. Please join us for a day of fun a supporting local!
We’ll have local artisans set up on the sidewalk in front of Legion AND in the Mezzanine. Make sure to cruise through the Mezzanine to shop our other vendors and see where all the amazing beers from Legion are brewed!
Meet Your Makers:
Maggie Loves Spike
Lush Life QC
Luna & Lee Designs
Chef Boriqua CLT
Purple Girl Designs by Amber
The vendor application is currently closed. If you’d like to be placed on the waitlist, please feel free to message Queen City Makers. To keep in the loop of other Queen City Makers vendor opportunities, please join our “QCM Vendors” group on facebook.
- Tuesday, March 13th. Tap it Tuesday with Sycamore Brewing Company. The Casual Pint (Rivergate). 6 pm-8 pm. Join us for pint night March 13th with Sycamore Brewing company 6pm-8pm and finish off your Tuesday with a bang!
- Tuesday, March 13th. Southern Tier Tuesday Night Bar Games. Bulldog Beer & Wine. 7 pm-10 pm. Join us on Tuesdays for Bulldog South End’s one and only Bar Game night! It’s FREE to play! There will be multiple games, winners and prizes provided by Southern Tier! All Southern Tier pints are $1 off. Grab some friends and head over to Bulldog Beer and Wine in South End for a night of fun, prizes, beer and games!