Here are this weeks news and events happing in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, December 14th 2 pm-11 pm Legion Brewing Path to the Dark Side Nitro Release. Looking forward to the newest Star Wars movie? So are we! In celebration, we are breaking our new Nitro Tap just for our seasonal oatmeal stout, “Path To The Dark Side”! This rich and creamy oatmeal stout is aged on American oak that offers roasted coffee flavors and dark chocolate notes along with a balancing hop presence. Our friends at Queen City Pretzel Factory have created a special “Path To The Dark Side” pretzel, available in the tap room while supplies last! Come out in costume before heading out to the movie premiere and receive a special treat!
- Friday, December 15th 5 pm-10 pm Sycamore Brewing & Vintage Charlotte 2017 Christmas Market. Sycamore Brewing and Vintage Charlotte will be teaming up to host a Christmas Market this December! Over 30 vendors, live Christmas music by The Clydes, food trucks, special beer, and hot cider releases, and Santa will be here! We will also be hosting the 2nd Annual ’12 Brews of Christmas’ Toy Drive during the market, benefitting Levine Children’s Hospital and the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Charlotte.
Here’s how to participate on the day of the market:
– Bring a new, unwrapped toy for a child of any age
– Donate cash money
- Saturday, December 16th 10 am-11 pm Legion Brewing. A Second Year of Beer and Friends. Thanks to our wonderful friends and family, we will be celebrating our 2nd Birthday on December 16th- and you are invited to join us! We will be hosting a Brunch With Santa from 10-1PM: Bring your little ones and snap a family photo! We will be serving $4 Carolina Sparkle Party Beermosas alongside a made-to-order brunch menu.
Pick up a commemorative Legion Brewing birthday glass while you are here!
We are hosting a Toy and Treat Drive from 1-3PM, benefitting North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue! The following donations are always appreciated:
– Nylabones & other hard bones
– Training Treats
– Medium & Large Kongs
– Stuffed Toys (all sizes)
– Squeeze Peanut Butter (xylitol-free) & Cheese
– No Rawhides Please
Expect limited beer releases throughout the day, live music from Adrian and Meredith, The Grassabillies and Coddle Creek, birthday cake from Drip Cake Bar and a balloon drop at 6PM, and more!
Keep an eye out for social media contests the week leading up to the big day- you deserve a birthday gift, too!
- Sunday, December 17th 11 am-8 pm The Barrel Room at Triple C Brewing Company. Barrel Aged Up All Night Release. We are opening up The Barrel Room at Triple C for this release for all the extra taps! Things get started with at 11am with an hour-long Release Day Bottle Share in the taproom at Triple C Brewing Company. At 12pm, we will release 2017 Bourbon Barrel Aged Up All Night Breakfast Porter on draft and in bombers in the Barrel Room! Stick around for the Panthers/Packers game at 1pm on our two 120″ projection screens! Don’t forget we now serve cider and wine, and will even have some mimosas for this event!
More details coming soon including info on:
1) Brunch food truck
2) Up All Night Verticals
3) Special Draft List
4) Surprise Bottled Barrel Aged Up All Night Variant! (small case run – brewery only)
- Tuesday, December 19th Duckworths Taphouse, and Grill Uptown. New Belgium Oscar tapping! New Belgium Oscar tapping! A delicious dark sour ale aged in blackberry-flavored whiskey barrels. We’ll also be giving away LOTS of swag! Reps will be here as well to giveaway beer samples.
- Wednesday, December 20th 4 pm-9 pm Triple C Brewing Company. Pilot Batch Release Bière De Garde. Bière de Garde pilot release! Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!