Here is this week’s new and happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, November 9th 2 pm-11 pm Leigon Brewing. Crowler Release Day. You asked for it! Legion will now be filling 32-ounce crowlers of your favorite Charlotte beer, right here in the tap room! Join us this Thursday and be one of the first to take one of these home! Snap a photo and tag it with #legiongoals for a chance to be featured on our social media channels!
- Thursday, November 9th 6 pm-9 pm Growler USA (Charlotte, NC) Oskar Blues Tap Takeover. Oskar Blues Brewery North Carolina will be in the house to take over a few taps and share delicious brews! Live Music with The Bash Brothers!
- Friday, November 11th 1 pm-4 pm NoDa Brewing. NoDa Post Race Party. Running one of the 5 distance options for the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon? Then join us for an after-party at NoDa Brewing Company! Celebrate achieving your goals with delicious craft beer, TIN Kitchen food truck deliciousness to replenish those calories, and a short therapeutic massage from the amazing Becca Bazzle with Essential Therapy, LLC! Then join in the fun at Growlerfest presented by Greater Charlotte SPCA and listen to a live DJ, visit vendors galore, pet (and possibly take home) adoptable dogs, and participate in some fun raffles! Bring the family and let’s party!!!
- Friday & Saturday, November 10th-11th Olde Hickory Station 232 Government Ave SW, Hickory, North Carolina 28602. Draft Release: Olde Rabbit’s Foot. The hiatus is over: Olde Rabbit’s Foot is returning in 2017! Try *draft pours* at the Olde Hickory Station Friday (before the bottles go on sale at the Olde Hickory Brewery Saturday morning at 11am) Olde Rabbit’s Foot is three imperial stouts, aged in Woodford Reserve barrels, and blended together. This collaboration brew is a joint effort among The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, Foothills Brewing, and the Olde Hickory Brewery. This is the first chance in five years to try fresh Olde Rabbit’s Foot, so please plan accordingly… (bottle sales on Saturday will be at the brewery, cash-only, $20 per bottle, no limit per person.)
- Saturday, November 11th 2 pm-6 pm Sycamore Brewing, Fall Oyster Roast at Sycamore. Join us for a Fall Oyster Roast at Sycamore! Oysters provided by Sea Level NC. Fall, seasonal craft beers provided by Sycamore Brewing. Live Music by Rich Challen Band. *No Tickets – First Come, First Serve* Buckets of oysters for $9 each OR an All-You-Can-Eat option for $40! Additionally, bowls of Clam Chowder will be $9 each. Condiments, shucking tables and shucking knives will be provided.
- Saturday, November 11th 12 pm-10 pm Birdsong Brewing Company. Purple Beer For Veterans with Birdsong and Unknown! We’re Birdsong and Unknown…. We get along, we like helping people AND we like making fun beers! Why not combine forces and work together? That’s what we’re doing for Veterans Day this Saturday, 11/11/17! We’re both releasing a special purple brew and $1 from every pint sold in said brew FROM BOTH TAPROOMS will go to Purple Heart Homes! Each brewery used the same base recipe using purple sweet potatoes and pea blossoms but we both added special fun adjuncts to spice it up a little and make it more purple! You’ll have to go to both breweries and try each version….. double donation, score! Also- our social media managers, Jenny and Scotty, will be swapping social media accounts on Friday, 11/10 to help spread the word and have a little fun! Make sure you’re following both Birdsong and Unknown on their social media channels, there could be some fun giveaways!
- Sunday, November 12th 12 pm-5 pm Free Rang Brewing. Oyster Roast and orderfire screening. Oysters + Rocksalt + orderfire + oyster stout = a great Sunday! It’s time for the 3d episode in our 3d season. This time we headed up to Topping VA and sat down with Travis Croxton, Co-owner of Rappahannock River Oysters, LLC. Travis will be on hand with a whole bunch of oysters, they will be roasted and shucked. Shane, the new Chef at Rocksalt will be there with some other tasty bits. Free Range will be releasing, SEA OF COMPANIONS, an 8% Carolina Oyster Stout made with RRO oysters! Oh, and you’ll be able to watch an amazing episode of orderfire. Tickets will be on pre-sale at Free Range Brewing starting Friday, 10/27. 1 ticket is 12$ and gets you 6 oysters and your choice of 3 sauces... There will also be limited tickets for sale the day of the event. All proceeds from this event will go to Piedmont Culinary Guild!