Here are this Weeks new and happenings in and around the Charlotte area.
- Thursday, November 2nd Catawba Brewing 12 pm-10 pm passion Fruit Gose Release.
- Thursday, November 2nd Brass Tap International Stout Day! 7 pm-10 pm. This We’ll be featuring 6 AMAZING stouts for only $6 each to celebrate the special day!
We’ll be tapping:
Founders Breakfast Stout – 10oz – 8.3%
Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and two types of coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever
Cigar City Marshal Zhukov’s Penultimate Push – 10oz – 11.5%
Aromas of fresh-ground espresso beans, vanilla and alcohol spiciness dominate the nose in this imposing Imperial Stout. The palate finds strong flavors of fudge, coffee, penuche, and raisin pudding balanced by moderate carbonation and assertive German hop flavor and bitterness, while the sweetness of vanilla and cacao rounds out the beer’s long finish.
Sierra Nevada Narwhal – 10oz – 10.2%
Narwhal Imperial Stout is inspired by the mysterious creature that thrives in the deepest fathoms of the frigid Arctic Ocean. Features incredible depth of malt flavor, rich with notes of espresso, baker’s cocoa, roasted grain and a light hint of smoke.
Stone 2014 Imperial Russian Stout – 10oz – 10.8%
Stone Imperial Russian Stout is so thick, rich and, well, sinful, you might worry that you’ll be doomed to the fiery pits just for thinking about a sip. This massive and intensely aromatic beer abounds with notes of chocolate, coffee, black currants, anise and roastiness, and its heavy palate is nothing to be trifled with
Oskar Blues 2016 Ten-Fidy – 10oz – 10.5%
This titanic, immensely viscous stout is loaded with inimitable flavors of chocolate-covered caramel and coffee and hide a hefty 65 IBUs underneath the smooth blanket of malt. Ten FIDY (10.5% ABV) is made with enormous amounts of two-row malt, chocolate malt, roasted barley, flaked oats, and hops. Ten FIDY is the ultimate celebration of dark malts and boundary-stretching beer.
D9 German Chocolate Cake – 10 oz – 10%
Coconut Pecan Stout aged in Brandy Foeders. Tastes like…you guessed it – German Chocolate Cake!!!!
- Thursday, November 2nd Sycamore Brewing Patrick Hazy IPA Can Release 4 pm-10pm. The FIRST of our series of hyper-limited can releases! Taproom favorite, Patrick Hazy IPA, will be canned for the first time ever! Hop Bursted and Double Dry Hopped with Citra, El Dorado, Mosaic, and Ekuanot.
Sycamore brewer, James Early, will be on-site for a tour and Q&A.
Papi Queso Food Truck will be serving dinner out of our pop-up kitchen. Live music on the beer garden stage. A selection of juicy and hazy IPAs will also be available on draft. Limit 3 4-packs a person.
- Friday, November 3rd Triple C Brewing White Blaze Winter Ale Release. 4pm- 10 pm. Our popular Winter Ale – White Blaze returns on Friday, November 3rd in the taproom on draft and in cans! Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!
- Saturday, November 4th The Unknown Brewing Company Strang Brew Festival 2017. For the 3rd year in a row, we’re working with some of the best breweries to create a festival based on brews no one would expect, or even dare to create, which is why we are celebrating our favorite annual event – Strange Brew! This unique event will include plenty of breweries participating in this epic adventure to compete against one another by brewing, filtering, or infusing the strangest beers ever created.
Current List of Breweries!
– Triple C
– Lenny Boy
– Blue Blaze
– New Sarum
– Bull City cider
– Southbound Brewing
– Wicked Weed
– Cabarrus Brewing
– Granite Falls
– Double Barley
– The Unknown Brewing Company
With your ticket, you will be able to try every one of these brews, several times, and vote on your favorite one!
~ Live Music by Ren Elvis and Johnny Zostant
~ Plenty of unique great food
~ Plenty of fun strange activities for you to participate in
~ An epic night you will never forget
LAST YEARS WINNER: D9 Brewing Company‘s Peter Pepper Beer
Tickets are limited! Purchase online ahead of time!
Must be 21 years old to attend. Tickets at Eventbrite.
- Thursday, November 4th Three Spirits Brewery Two Year Anniversary. 12 pm -10 pm. Our friends at Three Spirits Brewery are celebrating Two Years! We’ll be there with our Crafts & Drafts Market including local artisans, BBQ, Music & more! We will be closing down the front parking lot to allow extra space for more local artisans, food, and fashion trucks.
**We will be celebrating with the Three Spirits Brewery theme of Christmas. Be sure to bring your Holiday Spirit! You can bring your own chair if you want to chill outside and enjoy the cool Fall air. We will also have swag for sale including T-Shirts/Hats and Pint glasses.
DJ Festivus 12-3pm
LIVE: Brangle 3-6pm | Jonesy and Craig 6-10pm
Crafts & Drafts Market: 2-6pm
**Parking will be available behind brewery and a block down at the Woodlawn Lynx Station