Here is this week’s news and happening in around the Charlotte North Carolina area.
- October 27th Friday 3 pm-10 pm The Unknown Brewing Company Limited Release: “Gamble Everything” Hazy Double IPA. We may be late to the haze craze but we wanted to make sure she was just right! We are proud to announce our special release next Friday will be our brand new Hazy Double Pale Ale titled “Gamble Everything”! This Double IPA is dry hopped with the juiciest hops we could get our hands on and brewed with flaked oats and creamy malts to give this beer a tremendous mouthfeel! The name “Gamble Everything” has always been a part of our mantra…since we started 4 years ago, we have always had our toes over the last edge! See you next Friday at the limited release!
- October 27th Friday 4 pm-10 pm Noda Brewing Company Limited Release 2016 BBA (Bourbon Barrel Aged) Between the Berries and Me. We’re tapping a very limited amount of 2016 Bourbon Barrel Aged Between the Berries and Me to really kick-off our sixth-anniversary celebrations! Join us as soon as you can, because this delicious brew won’t last long! Plus, TIN Kitchen will be here serving up dinner and there will be some great live music, from PALEFACE, to keep you entertained! Plus don’t forget to join us for the rest of the weeks anniversary festivities:
Saturday, 10/28: The NoDa Games
Sunday, 10/29: Sixth Birthday Bash
Monday, 10/30: Lucky No. 7 Celebration
- October 28th Saturday 12 pm-10:05 pm The Unknown Brewing Company Buzzed City Beer Release Party. The Brewing Process for Buzzed City Beer for Bring Back The Buzz Has Bee-gun! (Is that enough “B’s”?) The tentative dates for the finish given to us by Unknown Brewing Company have us looking to sync the party with the beginning of the Hornets Season! PERFECT!!! 👌 Come and bee the first to enjoy the “Buzzed City” Beer and taste the first sips along with us! The legendary Charlotte photographer Uncle Jut will be showcasing his works and selling his prints! Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub (one of the locations that will carry the beer all season long) will be providing snacks for those who come to get their Buzz on! Brixx Wood Fired Pizza (who will be carrying Buzzed City at all their Charlotte locations) will be giving away coupons for FREE PIZZAS!!! We will, of course, be selling our gear, giveaways and as always raffling off items for local charities! We are still working on a lot of the details like providing a basketball hoop for people to shoot around 😉 BUT we just wanted you to mark your calendar so you can celebrate with us Hornets fans having our own beer! Thank You!!!
- October 29th Sunday 3 pm-5 pm Wooden Robot Brewery Down. Stay.For the month of October KeenDog and Wooden Robot Brewery partnered up to bring you Down. Stay. IPA – with $1 from all beers sold going to, Leashes of Valor. LOV raises and pairs PTSD service dogs for veterans at no cost. On the 29th we will be having our wrap party from 3-5 at Wooden Robot, along with a costume contest for your fur friend (prizes for top 3), Leashes of Valor will be there to answer any questions you have. So come out after the game for a good time and a good cause! IPA Wrap Up Party & Holloween Costume Contest.
- October 29th Sunday 11 am-7 pm NoDa Brewing Company Sixth Birthday Bash Who says there’s nothing to celebrate year six?! We’ve got so much to be grateful for, including you, our faithful customers! To celebrate the support you’ve given us since 2011, we’re throwing a birthday bash to remember! TIN Kitchen will be serving up a special birthday brunch, plus there will be live music (John Dungan from 2-4 pm and 2 Ukes, a Banjo and a Box from 5-7 pm) and giveaways, and (of course) a special birthday beer release! It’s our Anniversary Ale, a strong ale aged in bourbon barrels sitting at 12.3%! Not only will we be celebrating on this Sunday, but we’ll also be throwing several anniversary-themed events before and after. Stay tuned to our events page so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
- November 19th Sunday 1 pm-4 pm Birdsong Brewing Co Fall Oyster Roast by Birdsong and RockSalt! Fall is upon us and we’re celebrating with an Oyster Roast! Our friends from Rocksalt Charlotte are bringing the oysters and the steamers down from Rappahannock River Oysters, LLC and will be on site taking care of the oyster side of things while we serve up a fresh batch of Clustershuck Cajun Oyster Stout brewed with….. you guessed it, fresh oysters! Buckets of steamed/roasted oysters will be $15 & RockSalt will be shucking raw oysters to order for $1 each! The Panthers are off that Sunday and we hope you can carve out a few hours from your pre-Thanksgiving prep agendas to relax with a few pints of delicious local beer and enjoy some super fresh oysters sold by the bucket! This event is family friendly, so all are encouraged to join! 11/19/17 1-4 PM. Rocksalt Charlotte, located in the Park Road Shopping Center, is our Oyster Roast event partner! They specialize in sustainable seafood and are proud to offer a variety of local craft beer and beverages as well. Check them out for daily oyster specials and more!