Here are this week happenings in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- September 28th Thursday 4 pm- 8:30 pm NoDa Brewing Company. Pink Pint Night kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness month Thursday, Sept. 28 from 4 to 8:30 p.m. at NoDa Brewing Company in North End (2921 N. Tryon St.). This collaboration between NoDa Brewing Company and Charlotte Radiology is free, open to the public and reservations are not required. The kickoff event will feature live music, food trucks, and a special pink brew.
100% of the proceeds will benefit Carolinas Breast Cancer Fund, a Levine Cancer Institute initiative that increases access to life-saving mammography screenings and follow-up care for uninsured women.
Raise $150 and become a VIP! VIPs get reserved seating, a food voucher, Pink Pint Night glass, 2 free beer tickets and VIP bar access!
Click here to become a VIP: http://bit.ly/PinkPintNightVIP Ticket information http://www.charlotteradiology.com
- September 28th Thursday 3 pm-10 pm Birdsong Brewing Co. Bottle Release Weasels On Woodpeckers! It’s not every day that we release a bottle of barrel-aged yumminess from what we like to call our “Take Flight Series!” Join us on 9/28 for the release of Weasels on Woodpeckers, as this might be our best one yet! Back in 2015 when a photo of a weasel on a woodpecker went viral, we received tweets and emails galore suggesting that we use that to name a beer in our Take Flight Series! It kind of fits the theme… Turtles on Pterodactyls, Squirrels on Geese and Mongeese on Monkeys… you get the idea. We’ve been working on this beer idea for quite some time and we’re finally ready to unveil! Weasels on Woodpeckers is our Belgian Saison aged in white wine barrels with fresh peaches added. The Belgian yeast is complimented with upfront aromas of Chardonnay oakiness and finishes with a slightly tart, slightly sweet peach finish! Kind of tastes like a peach bellini. Who doesn’t like those? We packaged a limited amount of bottles and draft and will release at 3pm on Thursday, 9/28! 22 oz bottles will be first come, first serve and $10 each. Hope you can join!
- September 29th Friday 12 pm-10 pm Noda Brewing Company. Bottle Release Sticky When Wet IPA. The beer that so many of you have been asking for since it’s 2016 debut is finally back! Join us for the release of our wet hopped brew: Sticky When Wet.We brewed this beer just ONE day after the hops were harvested… it’s as fresh and sticky as it can possibly get! This wet-hopped beer has an assertive bitterness balanced with bright aromas and flavors of Peach and Grapefruit derive from heavy additions of Citra and Mosaic hops. Sitting at 6.31%, this brew is one you don’t want to miss. TIN Kitchen will join us to serve up delicious grub starting at 5 pm!
- September 30th Saturday 11 am- 1 pm Wooden Robot Brewery Bottle Release Réserve Series. The exclusive bottle release of our Barrel-Aged Réserve Series: Réserve Dorée & Réserve de Cerises
Saturday, 9.30.17 @ 11am Réserve Dorée: Sour Golden Ale Aged In Chardonnay Barrels One of the first beers we ever brewed at Wooden Robot. This sour golden ale was lovingly aged in a French Oak Chardonnay barrel for over 20 months. We selected our favorite barrel and bottled it unblended for a pure expression of fruity yeast, soft oak, and bright wine notes.
Alc/Vol: 5.8% Réserve de Cerises: Sour Red Ale with Cherries Aged in Red Wine Barrels This sour red ale was aged in red wine barrels for nearly two years, then refermented on over a pound per gallon of tart cherries. Balanced notes of raisin, cherry and red wine fade to a dry, funky finish. Drink fresh to highlight the bright fruit character or age to allow the wild yeast to come to the forefront. Alc/Vol: 6.0% Sales will commence at 11am on the east side of the brewhouse. $20 (+tax) per 500mL bottle Limit 4 bottles of Réserve de Cerises per person Limit 2 bottles of Réserve Dorée per person In addition to bottle sales, we will be pouring a few special releases. The infamous Strawberry Vanilla Sour and Godless Killing Machine Imperial Stout! Hang out in our taproom after and grab one of these exclusive releases!
- October 5th Thursday 5 pm-7 pm BirdSong Brewing. Solar Event. Red Group is hosting an event at Birdsong Brewery on Thursday, October 5th from 5pm -7:30pm. Come learn how solar can benefit your home or business. Team REDgroup will be on hand for personal discussions as well as a brief presentation regarding solar in NC. Our goals are to provide you with useful information that will help you make an educated decision regarding solar and to enjoy a tasty Birdsong Beer. Please RSVP so we can give Birdsong an idea of how many delicious brews to have ready for us. Contact us with any questions email@example.com OR 877-520-SOLAR. More info: http://bit.ly/2xamvvc