Here are this week’s news and happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area!
- September 21st Salud Beer Shop Deconstructed Bomb! 6 pm-10 pm
Join us as we tap Bomb and variants including Coffee Bomb! Vanilla Bomb! Chocolate Bomb! and Chilli Bomb! Feel free to blend the variants to create your own version of Bomb!
- September 22nd-24rd Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Mecktoberfest Mecktoberfest, OMB’s fall “Über-seasonal” brew, releases Monday, August 28th at OMB. More info about that event is here:https://www.facebook.com/events/119537582012904
This event is for our Mecktoberfest celebration…It’s beer-drinking season at OMB! Seasonal favorite Mecktoberfest will be on tap along with your year-round essentials: Copper, Capt Jack, Southside & Hornet’s Nest. Mecktoberfest is one of our largest events of the year and full of the sounds of Bavaria! The German bands are high-energy with audience dancing and sing-along participation encouraged. Friday:
3-6pm – Mountain Top Polka (German band)
7-10pm – Holzhackern Tyrolean Band (German band)
11a-6p – Local acts
7-10pm – Holzhackern Tyrolean Band (German band)
11a-2p – Mountain Top Polka (German band)
3-6pm – Holzhackern Tyrolean Band (German band)
More food menu details are on the way. Expect classics like Schnitzel, Spätzle, & Knockwurst.
You don’t want to miss this authentic Oktoberfest experience. Prost!
This is a free event. Under 21 welcome. Dogs welcome outside.
- September 23rd Saturday Sugar Creek Brewing Company 11 am Fall Fest 2017. Fall is finally here, and we’re celebrating with an all-day party at Sugar Creek Brewing’s Fall Fest 2017! This event itself is FREE and will offer fun for the whole family (dogs included). The event kicks off with “Fall Into Desserts,” a dessert festival hosted by Love Desserts CLT in our Sugar Creek warehouse from 12-6 PM. Experience 20 local bakeries and dessert shops under one roof! Admission to the desert festival is $10 which includes entry into the event, complimentary non-alcoholic drink (Apple Pie Punch or Cranberry Harvest Punch), and candy. Tickets can be purchased here:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/love-desserts-fall-into-dessert-tickets-37427224837 While that’s going on, we’ll also have live music, a pig roast, games for kids, and plenty of local vendors to shop from, including:
Glory Days Apparel
Southern Fragrances Candle Co
Charlotte Mobile Makery
Purple Girl Designs by Amber
Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store
Pink Daisy Co.
Thank You Mother Earth
- September 28th Thursday 4 pm-8:30 pm Noda Brewing Company Pink Pint Night. Pink Pint Night kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness month Thursday, Sept. 28 from 4 to 8:30 p.m. at NoDa Brewing Company in North End (2921 N. Tryon St.). This collaboration between NoDa Brewing Company and Charlotte Radiology is free, open to the public and reservations are not required. The kickoff event will feature live music, food trucks, and a special pink brew.
100% of the proceeds will benefit Carolinas Breast Cancer Fund, a Levine Cancer Institute initiative that increases access to life-saving mammography screenings and follow-up care for uninsured women.
Raise $150 and become a VIP! VIPs get reserved seating, a food voucher, Pink Pint Night glass, 2 free beer tickets and VIP bar access!
Click here to become a VIP: http://bit.ly/PinkPintNightVIP Tickets information here http://www.charlotteradiology.com
- September 28th Thursday 3 pm-10 pm Birdsong Brewing Bottle Release Weasels on Woodpeckers! it’s not every day that we release a bottle of barrel-aged yumminess from what we like to call our “Take Flight Series!” Join us on 9/28 for the release of Weasels on Woodpeckers, as this might be our best one yet! Back in 2015 when a photo of a weasel on a woodpecker went viral, we received tweets and emails galore suggesting that we use that to name a beer in our Take Flight Series! It kind of fits the theme… Turtles on Pterodactyls, Squirrels on Geese and Mongeese on Monkeys… you get the idea. We’ve been working on this beer idea for quite some time and we’re finally ready to unveil! Weasels on Woodpeckers is our Belgian Saison aged in white wine barrels with fresh peaches added. The Belgian yeast is complimented with upfront aromas of Chardonnay oakiness and finishes with a slightly tart, slightly sweet peach finish! Kind of tastes like a peach bellini. Who doesn’t like those? We packaged a limited amount of bottles and draft and will release at 3pm on Thursday, 9/28! 22 oz bottles will be first come, first serve and $10 each. Hope you can join!
- September 29th Friday 12 pm-10 pm NoDa Brewing Company Sticky When Wet IPA Release. The beer that so many of you have been asking for since it’s 2016 debut is finally back! Join us for the release of our wet hopped brew: Sticky When Wet.We brewed this beer just ONE day after the hops were harvested… it’s as fresh and sticky as it can possibly get! This wet-hopped beer has an assertive bitterness balanced with bright aromas and flavors of Peach and Grapefruit derive from heavy additions of Citra and Mosaic hops. Sitting at 6.31%, this brew is one you don’t want to miss. TIN Kitchen will join us to serve up delicious grub starting at 5 pm!