Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, February 26th. Brewdog Launch Party. Duckworth Grill and Taphouse Uptown. 6 pm-8 pm. Help us give BrewDog a Queen City welcome! We’ll have BrewDog wristbands, tattoos, stickers, hats, glassware and t-shirts. Not to mention these outstanding beers:
Hazy Jane IPA
East Coast Crush
- Wednesday, February 26th. Foothills Brewing Event. Duckworth’s Taphouse & Grill Rea Farms. 6 pm-8 pm. Help us celebrate Foothills’ 15th Anniversary with beer samples (hello, Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate!) and swag giveaways!
Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate
Craft Happiness IPA Project – Wish IPA
- Thursday, February 27th. Wreak-Havoc American Barely Wine Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. An American barley wine with aromas of fruity-esters, caramel, and toffee. Pours a light copper in color, with flavors of caramel malt sweetness, charred sugar, and a hint of bourbon. With a dry finish and deceiving drinkability, this will ensure that havoc will be wrecked!
- Thursday, February 27th. Cranes in the Sky Draft Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. We have a new Hazy Pale Ale out draft only for this release followed by a second with cans soon!
This hazy pale pours a light yellow with a pillowy white head. Aromas of juicy fruit, candied pineapple, sweet mango, and a hint of shredded coconut. Flavors of tropical fruits, bright citrus, juicy mango, and a slight melon presence. With a soft bitterness and creamy mouthfeel, this pale will bring you to the tropical beaches of the southern coast.
- Thursday, February 27th. Banana Pancakes Hefeweizen Release. Pilot Brewing. 2 pm-10 pm. Drop-in on Thursday, February 27 for the release of our new Banana Pancakes Hefeweizen by a guest brewer, Kylee Gordon! This beer was brewed with Maris Otter malt and maple syrup.
- Thursday, February 27th-Friday, 28th. Olde Hickory Imperial Stouts Event. 5 pm (27th)-11 pm (28th). Carolina Beer temple Charlotte. Dark Days of Winter Part 3 will feature 4 incredible imperial stouts from Olde Hickory.
Lindley Park, Event Horizon, Photon Sphere
and a vintage aged Imperial Stout
Olde Hickory believes great beer is the result of meticulous attention to detail throughout the brewing process. OHB beers begin their life as freshwater that flows from the granite slopes of the Blue Ridge and culminate in small batches less than 800 gallons each.
- Friday, February 28th. A-MAIZE-ING Southeastern IPA Release Pilot Brewing. 11 am-10 pm. Join us for the release of our next Southeastern IPA, A-Maize-Ing! This was brewed with flaked maize and single hopped with mosaic.
Enjoy $3 goblets all day this Friday!
- Saturday, February 29th. Too Blessed to Be Stressed. Free Range Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Join us for Too Blessed to be Stressed. This German Helles Lager, sitting at 5% ABV, is a collaboration between breweries to celebrate the life of Scott Brooks. The NoDa and Plaza neighborhood breweries wanted to honor Scott and his family for the impact they have had on the NoDa community, through Brooks Sandwich House.
The batch is to be split in kegs for each brewery taproom, while 100% of the proceeds of sales will be donated to Habitat Charlotte in honor of Scott Brooks.
The charity was close to the family’s heart and was the charity they selected to benefit from the sales of the batch. The beer is styled in a traditional German Helles Lager (German Light Lager) and is easy drinking, approachable, versatile for food pairing and a style we hope Scott would enjoy.
Too Blessed to be Stressed” t-shirt. 100% of net profits will go to Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte benefitting the 2.1 acres of land donated by the Brooks family in 2019.
Moreover, with the blessing of the Brooks Family, Glory Days Apparel is partnering with Habitat For Humanity of Charlotte. They have designed and are selling a t-shirt to echo Scott’s frequent mantra of “Too Blessed To Be Stressed”, heard often as he would greet customers. You can preorder this shirt on their website now. They will also be available for sale at our NE taproom on the day of this release.
Free Range Brewing
NoDa Brewing Company
Birdsong Brewing Co.
Resident Culture Brewing Company
Divine Barrel Brewing
Bold Missy Brewery
Wooden Robot Brewery
- Saturday, February 29th, Hoppin’ 2 Year Anniversary. Hoppin’, 11 am-11:30 pm. Free tickets at eventbrite.com. **OUR BIGGEST EVENT EVER AND IT IS COMPLETELY FREE**
We’ve made it for 2 years and are ready to celebrate with our biggest party ever! If you came to our 1-year party last year then you know this isn’t a party to be missed! As a thank, you to all of our amazing supporters the tickets for this event are completely FREE!
This celebration will include the unveiling of our special 2 Year Anniversary beer in collaboration with Seaboard Brewing, an incredible DJ spinning music all day, a photo booth, beer & wine specials, specialty beers on tap, food by Twisted Eats, Scratch Off Style Giveaway (first 500 people will receive prizes), and many more surprises that we will reveal the closer we get to the date!
So make sure you clear your calendar on February 29th and get ready to celebrate Hoppin’s 2 Year Anniversary!
- Saturday, February 29th. Big Fat Juicy Mango IPA Taproom Can Release. Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Get em’ while you can! This limited delicious IPA will be available THIS Saturday in our taproom! Brewed with oats, milk sugar, and ripe mangoes. Heavily hopped with Citra, Idaho 7, Mosaic, and Galaxy!
- Saturday, February 29th. Take Me Home Tonight Can & Draft Release! 2.29. The Unknown Brewing company. 12 pm-11 pm. With an 8.8% ABV, our Hazy Double IPA is just screaming Take Me Home Tonight! Releases Saturday, 2/29 in cans and on draft, only in the Tap Room!
Take Me Home Tonight is a “whatever the question is, the answer is yes” kind of beer.
DISCLAIMER: Any decisions made while drinking Take Me Home Tonight are at the expense of the drinker and are not a direct reflection of Unknown Brewery. But just like Ronnie sang…