Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, February 19th. Crosswalk Melomel Release. GoodRoad CiderWorks. 4 pm-10 pm. Join us this Wednesday as we tap Crosswalk, a fruited mead with Cab Franc grapes, black currant, boysenberry, and sweet cherry! We’re thrilled to have Adeline’s Indian Cuisine serving up delicious food from 5-9pm as well!
- Wednesday, February 19th. 25th Anniversary Glass release. The Flying Saucer Charlotte. 7 pm-11:30 pm. Celebrating 25 Years of the original Flying Saucer with this badass 25oz Stein.
- Thursday, February 20th. Limited Release. Buffalo Trace Turtles on Pterodactyls. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. Our Imperial Stout aged on cinnamon and cacao nibs in Buffalo Trace Barrels will be back on 2/20/20! Welcome back Turtles on Pterodactyls! We’re only making a limited amount of this fan-favorite so mark those calendars and join us for the release!
A new adventure awaited our brave pterodactyl and turtle dudes– a snarling mongrel stood in their way to freedom! What else to do but woo it with friendship? With their powers combined, our dino friends concocted a smooth, dark imperial stout with cacao nibs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels, this Prehistoric Dog variant will go down in history as one bodacious brew.
- Thursday, February 20th. King Cake Pastry Stout Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. The King of Mardi Gras will return for a second year in a row on Feb. 20th – just in time for some Mardi Gras festivities.
- Thursday, February 20th. Hopscraper Hazy Triple IPA & Kingdom Belgian Quadruple Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. This amped up Triple IPA is brewed with honey and tangerines. Hazy & golden orange in appearance, with a massive nose of orange pulp, underripe pineapple, and a hint of passion fruit. Flavors of citrus sherbet and tropical smoothie dominate with a hint of honey sweetness and floral hop flavors.
**Does contain Lactose
10.3% ABV This Belgian quad pours a beautiful deep ruby color. Aromas of mild Belgian spicy esters and sweet toffee blend into flavors of plump raisin, juicy plum, sweet fig, and a hint of black cherry. A touch of sweetness and alcohol upfront, smooth on the finish.
- Thursday, February 20th. Beer and Cookie Pairing. Sunset Brewing. 7:30 pm-9:30 pm. Tickets at digitalcookie.girlscouts.org. Come join the ladies of Charlotte Girls Pint Out at Sunstead Brewing for a cookie and beer pairing. Bring one box of cookies to share. If you haven’t found a scout to purchase from, click the ticket link below to help Jaime Lowe’s daughter with her sales.
This is a ladies-only event. Please RSVP and let us know in the discussion which cookie you will be bringing.
Each lady will be responsible for the price of their own flight.
There are two entrances into the parking lot, one is a left off of Palmer St which has you drive right down beside the brewery, perpendicular to South Graham. The other entrance is off of South Graham Street, right past the building on the right, or right before the building if you are heading towards the Panthers Stadium, from Southend.
- Friday, February 21st. Blood Orange Gose Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for a new Gose, coming to a can near you. 😆🍻
*Draft and cans will be available at both locations.*
This Gose sitting at 4% ABV, is a salted kettle-soured German-style Wheat Ale. It’s fermented in blood orange puree and brewed with blood orange peel. 🤤🍊
This zesty brew is gluten-reduced and offers the perfect flavor profile while being a light brew you can sip on as often as you’d like!
- Friday, February 21st. Cheese & Cider Pairing. Red Clay Ciderworks. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are joining forces to bring you a sensational night of cheese and cider pairings!
Cidermaker Jay Bradish and cheese expert Rachel Klebaur will be on hand to walk you through four different pairings, each with their own delectable panache.
Ticket holders, please check-in at the bar upon arrival.
(Please be aware that a minimum number of attendees is needed to hold the event)
- Saturday, February 22nd. Mardi Gras at Sycamore! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Celebrate Mardi Gras 2020 with us in the Sycamore Beer Garden! Delicious Beer and Great Food by Bayou Betty and Caribbean Buzz Food Truck and More! Live Music by @ScOOt Pittman, Wag the Dog and @Late Night Special!
- Saturday, February 22nd. Triple Can Release. Wooden Robot Brewery. 12 pm-12 am. Join us Saturday, February 22nd at Noon at both The Brewery – South End & The Chamber – NoDa for a Triple Can Drop of three of our favorite beers:
Space Magic – IPA – 7.0%
100% Local Barley and Oat Malt
Dry-Hopped with Mosaic & El Dorado
$14 (+ tax)
Pops’ Pilsner – German-Style Pilsner – 5.0%
100% Local Pilsner Malt
$12 (+ tax)
Beast Foot – Imperial Espresso Stout – 12.0%
Imperial Stout w/ Espresso Beans
100% Local Barley, Oat, and Roasted Malts
Locally Roasted Enderly Coffee Espresso Beans
$18 (+ tax)
ALL Sold in 4-packs (16oz) – No individual cans
No purchase limit
We will also have a limited amount of each beer on draft.
These cans will be FRESH off the canning line! Come party!
- Saturday, February 22nd. Beer Release: Thom Thaid. Thirsty Nomad. 1 pm-10 pm. Thom Thaid is blending of Thai Breaker grains with fruity hops first suggested by fellow Nomad Thom. The aroma is bright and citrusy. The flavor is smoothly balanced wheat malt and bright bitterness. ABV is low and the finish is dry, making this an excellent session ale.
As most of our experiments, quantities are extremely limited and only available at Thirsty Nomad’s taproom. These things go quick, get it while you can!
- Tuesday, February 25th. Foothills Brewing Event. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Uptown. 6 pm-8 pm. Help us celebrate Foothills’ 15th Anniversary with beer samples (hello, Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate!) and swag giveaways!
Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate
Craft Happiness IPA Project – Wish IPA