Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, January 29th. Beer & Wine Tasting. NoDa Company Store. 6 pm-8 pm. Join us for a FREE tasting with Faber from Mutual and our friends and D9 Brewing Company – plus Lobster Dogs-Food Truck will be on hand with their lobster rolls and avocado bowls!D9 will have:
Defying Gravity: Infinite Improbability
And Faber will be bringing:
Proverb Chardonnay (2018)
Storypoint Pinot Noir (2017)
Proverb Pinot Noir (2017)
Barone Fini Merlot (2017)
Edge Wines Cabernet (2016)
- Wednesday, January 29th. Resident Culture Event. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Rea Farms. 6 pm-8 pm. We’re showcasing one of Charlotte’s favorite breweries… Resident Culture Brewing! Stop by for FREE swag & beer samples!On tap:
- Thursday, January 30th. Battle of the Brews Battle Royal! Carolina Beer Temple Charlotte. 6 pm-11 pm. We’re bringing back all of our 2019 Battle of the Brews winners for a Battle Royale competition! The first keg to kick or most pints sold wins a dedicated tap at Carolina Beer Temple!2019 Winners Competing for include:
Lenny Boy Brewing
Great Lakes Brewing
Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing
Dirty Bull Brewing
Sugar Creek Brewing
Come out and support your favorite brewery! Tap list TBA!
- Thursday, January 30th. McScotchy McScotchface Wee Heavy. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Deep ruby red in color, this Scotch ale has aromas of sweet caramel, milk chocolate, and a hint of fruitiness. Full-bodied and malt flavors of caramel covered candied apple, toffee bar, and warming alcohol notes.10.2% ABV
- Friday, January 31st. Früh Bock Beer Release. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. For your drinking pleasure, we are releasing Früh Bock this FRIDAY, JANUARY 31st!“Früh” (pronounced “froo”) means “early” in German. Our seasonal “Early Bock” combines a slight malty sweetness with a refreshing touch of citrus aroma from its noble Bavarian hops. The result is an amazingly fresh, crisp beer that masks a higher alcohol content in its smooth character. Big bodied and warm enough for chilly evenings, but bright and aroma-hop forward enough to compliment beers on the patio.
Like all OMB beers, Früh Bock is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.” In line with Reinheitsgebot, it was brewed using natural carbonation from the pure CO2 produced by the yeast during fermentation. We pull our brews from our lager tanks weekly, so you know it’s fresh. And, it was kept cold from production to delivery to you, because all beer should be kept cold to maximize freshness. We hope you enjoy this pure, fresh, cold beer. Prost!
Under 21 welcome at OMB. Pets welcome outside in our Biergarten.
Visit our website for more info on Früh Bock: https://www.oldemeckbrew.com/beer/fruhbock
- Friday, January 31st. Tart t Finish Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. *This release will be available at both locations.*Join us for a Kettle Sour fermented on tart cherries and raspberry purée, resulting in a tart and fruity easy-drinking beer. Sitting at 4.5% ABV, this brew is the perfect combination of both light and flavorful.
- Saturday, February, 1st. Queen City Brewers Festival. Queen City Brewers Festival 800 Briarcreek Rd. 10 am-9 pm, Tickets go on sale Friday, November 29th, come try our new beer releases at the festival.
- Saturday, February 1st. PTT X Burial Beer Co. Tap Takeover. Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 12 pm-11:30 pm. This seems to be a reoccurring theme that we can’t help but get excited for EACH.AND.EVERY.TIME! Another Burial Beer Co. tap takeover. This time it’s on the 1st day after Dry January!! Wet your whistle. Don’t sleep!// Imbibable Liquids // ** NOT yet finalized**
> Finite Spectrum of Existence- Hazy Triple IPA // 10% ABV // – TDH w/ more than 6lbs/barrel of Citra, Strata, Mosaic, & Cashmere hops
> The Savages of Ruminating Minds – Hazy IPA // 7.2% ABV // – DDH w/ copious Mosaic, Motueka, & Idaho 7 hops
> A Doom For The Superorganism – Hazy Double IPA // 8.2% ABV // – DDH w/ 100% Oregon-grown Mosaic hops. Made with Wheat & Lactose
> A Modern Ballad of Self-Torture – Hazy IPA // 7.5% ABV // – DDH w/ 2019 crop of Galaxy, Simcoe, and Sabro, and finished with some Simcoe Cryo
> The Inception of Ritualistic Malice – Hazy IPA // 6.8% ABV // – DDH w/ 2019 hand-selected Cashmere & Citra, and finished with dank Enigma hops. Imbibe among berry-soaked dank, strawberry cream and tropical citrus candies
> Display of Vulgarities – Hazy Double IPA // 8.5% ABV // – DDH w/ Mosaic, Vic Secret & El Dorado hops
> Gang of Blades – Hazy Double IPA // 8.3% ABV // – DDH w/ Citra, Simcoe, El Dorado, and Amarillo Cryo
> To Wear The Feathers of Slain Beasts – Sour Ale w/ Peaches // 4.5% ABV // – Mixed culture ale aged for several months in the taproom oak puncheons. Then racked into steel upon 2000lbs of Carolina peaches. The resulting aromas are peach rings, white peach LaCroix, minerals, and prickly wine
> Griddle – Imperial Espresso Stout // 10% ABV // – Roasted coffee beans from Asheville’s Penny Cup Coffee and lactose sugars. The resulting aromas offer bold roast, dark fruit and the mild smokiness that drives the aroma
> The Mercy – Coconut Porter // 6% ABV // – Made with dark malts and a simple dose of lactose and experimental hops. The beer was actively fermented atop more than 10lbs/barrel of raw macaroon coconut. Think roasted coconut treats, mocha, tropical cherry cola and more.
- Sunday, February 2nd. Superbowl LIV (54). A TV near you! 6:30 pm.