Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, January 8th. Co-Pilot Release Amanda’s Wind Shear Witbier. Pilot Brewing. 2 pm-9 pm. Join us for the special release of Amanda’s Wind Shear Witbier, an unintentional test batch for a new big batch of witbier coming soon. Don’t miss this sneak peek and the chance to give Amanda a high-five!
- Wednesday, Perennial Tap Takeover! Protagonist. 3 pm-10 pm. Our friends at Perennial Artisan Ales are taking over our taps again for an awesome post-holiday lineup on Wednesday, January 8th. The lineup:
Vanilla Abraxas – 11.5% – Additional Vanilla Beans added to our Imperial Stout brewed with ancho chili peppers, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and cinnamon sticks. Pouring deep brown with a thick head, this beer has a complex body with a delicious lingering roastiness
Coffee Abraxas – 11.5% – Imperial Stout with Ancho Chilies, Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon, Vanilla Beans and Dark Matter Coffee’s Pacas Vieja from Santo Petrona
Honeydewdz – 8% – Honeydewdz is a DDH DIPA we brewed in collaboration with Resident Culture Brewing Company with honey supplied by the National Honey Board! Built around a sturdy malt bill of Golden Promise and Malted Oats, we threw some delicious MO Wildflower honey and NC Sourwood honey into the whirlpool with a heavy hand of Simcoe and finally dry-hopped twice with Mosaic, Citra, and Simcoe Cyro
Polite Nodding – 5.5% – Polite Nodding is our next “Hazy Lite” rolling out of the brewery. Each version displays a sturdy malt bill with rotating hop selections. This version is hopped with Ekuanot Cryo and Citra. Notes of citrus, honeydew, fresh-cut grass, and the dankness, with a cereal finish to balance. Reminds us of hot-boxing your car in the college parking lot right after breakfast
Prism – 5.5% – This Prism utilizes the same simple grist and classic Belgian yeast strain, and is dry-hopped with German-grown Mandarina Bavaria and Spalt. This beer reminds us of peeling an orange by the pool in July, black pepper Wheathins, humid bike rides to the Botanical Gardens, and taking a shower after mowing the grass.
Crowlers available while supplies last and rumor have it we may have a few bottles of the big guns available too. Don’t miss out!
- Thursday, January 9th. Honey Pie IPA Release. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. It’s no secret that our Honey Pie Double IPA is often referred to as “Heaven in a glass.” In this limited release brew, a solid malt foundation is complemented by a generous amount of locally harvested honey from Cloister Honey, and you guessed it… HOPS! Our unique blend of hops will deliver you aromas of honeydew and grapefruit, and will have you pouring the second beer before you’ve finished the first!
Join us for the release of Honey Pie Double IPA on Thursday, 1/9/20! CANS and draft will go on sale at 3pm and will be first come, first served.
***Limit will be once case per customer, this is subject to change based on availability.
- Thursday, January 9th. Schwarzbier Release! Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. 3:30 pm-10 pm. It’s time to join the dark side.
- Friday, January 10th. Captain Peanut Butter’s Chocolate Revenge Release! NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. *This release will be available at both locations.*
It’s back! Join us for a big, malty and smooth Imperial Porter, sitting at 9.2% ABV, which will be available on draft and in cans at both of our taproom locations. 🍺This Imperial Porter was brewed with a massive load of cocoa nibs to give dark chocolate notes, and roasted peanut butter to add a rich twist to this imposing dark beer. 🍫 🥜
While you’re at our NE location, enjoy grub from TIN Kitchen. They’ll be joining us at 5 pm. 🌮
- Friday, January 10th. Dark Days of Winter. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11 pm. It’s cold outside. Really cold. And dark. But hey, guess what? So is our beer. Escape the dreariness of January with some of the best dark beers on tap anywhere in Charlotte. This is a great 2 Night Event. No one ever said that the Dark Days of Winter can’t be filled with great beer and even better company, did they?
Sierra Nevada Brewery, Asheville, NC Narwhal (2016) Imperial Stout
Casita Something So Sincere Imperial Stout
Hi-Wire Brewing 10W-40 Mexican Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout
- Saturday, January 11th. Winter Warmer Festival. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am- 11 pm. Our annual Winter Warmer Festival is Saturday, January 11th.
We are releasing new beers and variants of your favorite classics 🍻
We’ll have Free Smores for everyone to make by the fire and snack on while enjoying our new releases. We will also have a new soup on the menu that day to try out.
And both of our Barrel-Aged Stout’s will be served with donut holes on Saturday 🍻
Vanilla Ground Up Coffee Milk Stout / we release this limited variant once a year. We blend a small batch of our seasonal Ground Up Coffee Milk Stout with Vanilla each year for Winter Warmer. 5.3% abv.
Seven O Quad / a strong Belgian ale with a bready maltiness, red fruit flavors, and tons of seasonal spice notes. 11% abv
Magellan / a spiced brown ale with notes of cinnamon and raisins. This beer will remind you of your favorite oatmeal cookie! 5% abv.
Coffee & Vanilla Kombucha – this is a new blend using Pure Intentions Coffee. Our kombucha brewer is excited to use a specialty coffee blend made for us in this kombucha.
Other Winter Warmer Beers that you must try:
Crown Town Stout / a Horchata inspired Imperial Stout aged in Crown Royal barrels blended with cacao nibs, cinnamon, and vanilla. Enjoy this warm twist on a Latin American classic. 10% abv.
Breakfast in Heaven / our annual bourbon barrel-aged Imperial Stout rested in Heaven Hills barrels and blended with Counter Culture coffee, Madagascar vanilla beans, cacao nibs, and lactose. 10% abv.
- Saturday, January 11th. Co-Pilot Release: Chai Porter. Pilot Brewing. 11 am-10 pm. Join us for the release of a new Co-Pilot batch, Chai Porter! This American porter was brewed with chai spices with help from a recent Brewer for the Day winner!