Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, December 11th. Tap Take Over & Meet the Brewer with Protagonist. Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 6 pm-10 pm. Come out and meet one of the newest & tastiest breweries in Charlotte, Protagonist!
We are doing a tap takeover with these amazing guys and as a special treat, the head brewers will be there to talk about their beers as well as all things craft beer. They will also bring some barley and hops so that we can smell and feel these special ingredients that make beer so tasty.
Finalized Tap List Below
> Magyver – NEIPA (5.6% ABV) – Pithy aromas of lemon & lime citrus with a soft texture. Notes of berry from the addition of Mosaic, Azacca, Mandarina Bavaria & Waiti hops with a slightly rounded sweetness leading into a noticeably hoppy bitter finish.
> Mouth – NEIPA (7.0% ABV) – Dank aromas of tropical fruit and citrus featuring Idaho 7, Citra, Motueka, & Waiti hops. A soft and creamy texture due to the addition of Spelt, with a light bready malt character and some lingering bitterness.
> Persephone – Pomegranate Stout (5.5% ABV) – Restrained roast, toast & caramel balance a bright impression of fresh pomegranate that adds a ruby hue to the edges and a gentle sweetness.
- Wednesday, December 11th. Fashionably Late: Chai Jacked Can Release. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-10 pm. We may be late to the party, but we’re bringing the good stuff!
A limited amount of our popular seasonal Chai Jacked will be available in cans!
Cans will only be available in our taproom bottle shop!
- Thursday, December 12th. Buffalo Trace Barrel Aged Up All Night Breakfast Porter Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. We aged an entire batch of Up All Night in Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels for this year’s release! Our 10% Breakfast Porter is back and in 16oz cans for the first time!! Brewed with flaked oats, honey, lactose, chocolate malts, and Magnolia Coffee Company coffee.
We will be selling single cans and 4 packs. There are 4 Golden Tickets under the caps of 4 random 4 packs to be sold in our taproom. Winners will get one of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels we aged the beer in!!
- Thursday, December 12th. White Tea White Ale Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. It’s tea time here at Catawba! Brewed with 2 pounds of White Tea, 5 pounds of Juniper and 1 pound of Hibiscus, this herbal white ale will put you in the mood for a tea party!
- Friday, December 13th. Monstro 2019 Bottle Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. *Bottles exclusively at our NE location*
Neptune said to the sea there should be a terrible Monstro, born from its deepest depths. It should be stout with the strength of a whale. This is that beer… A Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial stout, fortified with molasses and accented with cocoa nibs. 🤤 Enjoy the deep.
It’s finally that time. 👏🏻 Join us on Friday, December 13th, as we release our VERY limited run of this deliciously deep Russian Imperial Stout. See details below:
– Doors open at 2 pm.
– We’re releasing a limited quantity of bottles.
– There’s no bottle purchase limit.
500 bottles will be available.
If you’re interested in tasting variations that are very limited, make sure you head over to OG You Drink We Donate – Safe Alliance, which will feature these Monstro variations:
– Toasted coconut and vanilla.
– Hazelnut and double cocoa nibs.
– Coffee and vanilla.
While Monstro will be released at both taprooms, this special flight ($15) will ONLY be available at the OG. Snifters of any flavor variation ($7) will also be available at the OG location.
Thanks to The Jelly Roger, we’ll have a cookie pairing at the OG on 12/14 at 12 pm until sold out. Indulge in perfectly curated cookie flavors, which complement this deep Imperial Stout and our new variations.
Cost: $2 per cookie
– A Bourbon Pecan cookie for a standard variation
– A Lemon Ginger cookie to go with the Toasted Coconut and Vanilla
– A Mint Irish Cream cookie to go with the Coffee and Vanilla
– and a Caramel Apple cookie to go with the Hazelnut Cocoa
- Friday, December 13th. Dunkle Bock Release. Pilot Brewing. 11 am-10 pm. Our GABF 2019 Bronze Medal winner for the Bock Category will be back on tap starting Friday! Enjoy $3 goblets of the award-winning beer all day.
- Saturday, December 14th. Beer with Santa. Legion Brewing 12 pm-3 pm. Bring the kiddos (and even the big kids) to meet Santa from 12pm – 3pm! There will be a photographer on-site taking photos that will be emailed to you, plus you can take photos with your phone. Photos are free BUT we’re asking for donations to Operation Sidekick, an organization that trains rescued pit bulls as service pets for veterans. So you can decide which list you want to be on – naughty or nice?
- Saturday, December 14th. New Anthem Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple Ayrsley. 12 pm-11:30 pm. One of the Southeast’s hottest breweries is coming to the Temple! Wilmington’s New Anthem Beer Project has been turning out some of the best IPAs, Stouts, Sours, and more, with national acclaim following wherever they go. This is your chance to try some of their best offerings, all in one spot. Don’t miss out.
Love Gone Bad Imperial Stout
Velvet Lies IPA
Throwing Shade IPA
Little Star Kellerbier