here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Thursday, December 5th, Flat Brim Hazy IPA Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Flat Brim IPA is back and brewed with ridiculous amounts of Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops. 5.2% ABV
- Friday, December 6th. Yule Bock Release. The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. Come and celebrate the start of OMB’s Christmas Market on December 6th with the release of YULE BOCK!
Yule Bock usually sells out before the end of Weihnachtsmarkt, so drink it while you can! This holiday delight is an authentic “Weihnachtsbock” (Christmas Bock). Premium European barley malts and noble hops give this bock lager its rich crimson color and smooth malty character. If you’re looking to add some happy to your holidays, have a Yule Bock!
Like all OMB beers, Yule Bock is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.” In line with Reinheitsgebot, it was brewed using natural carbonation from the pure CO2 produced by the yeast during fermentation. We pull our brews from our lager tanks weekly, so you know it’s fresh. And, it was kept cold from production to delivery to you, because all beer should be kept cold to maximize freshness. We hope you enjoy this pure, fresh, cold beer.
See our other event pages for more details on Santa & Weihnachtsmarkt. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost!
- Friday, December 6th. Premium Roast Breakfast Stout Release. NoDa Brewing Co. One of your favorite winter seasonals is back! 🍻☕️ Rise and shine for a pint of our Breakfast Stout, a perfectly rich and roasty brew, thanks to our custom Ethiopian and Colombian coffee bean blend provided by Nightflyer Roastworks. This Stout, sitting at 5.5% ABV, is rich and full of flavor but not overly heavy, or high in alcohol. 👌🏻
While you’re here sipping on this delicious brew, stick around for food from TIN Kitchen and live music in the taproom! Premium Roast Breakfast Stout Release featuring syrups and infusions. 3 pm-10 pm. OG NoDa Brewing Co. One of your favorite winter seasonals is back! 🍻☕️ Enjoy a pint of our Breakfast Stout, a perfectly rich and roasty brew, thanks to our custom Ethiopian and Colombian coffee bean blend provided by Nightflyer Roastworks. This Stout, sitting at 5.5% ABV, is rich and full of flavor. 👌🏻
Enjoy it as is, or with coffee syrups to take things up a notch. We’ll have amaretto, hazelnut, caramel, Irish cream, and vanilla syrups available to be paired with our Premium Roast Breakfast Stout, or with any other brew on tap. 🍺
Last, but not least, If you want to see how our other brews on tap would taste with a coffee twist, try out our coffee infused options where we use a french press to steep coffee beans on one of our non-coffee infused IPAs. ☕️
- Saturday. December 7th. Birdsong 8 Year Anniversary. Birdsong Brewing Co. 11 am-10 pm. Limited Beer Glass and four Beer Tokens $15.00 on Facebook or eventbrite.com. We’re turning 8 (WOW) and we hope you’ll save the date to celebrate with us! We expect no shortage of awesome people, good vibes, and DELICIOUS beer! Mark yourself as interested or going to this event and you’ll get all of the updates on beer releases, food trucks, music, and other fun stuff!
We are so excited to announce that we are switching things up this year and will be offering 5oz pours so you can try ALL of the awesome beers we’ll have at our anniversary party!
11:30a-4:30p: My Sausage Buddy & Sun Burger Vegan
2-7p: Queen City Pretzels and Pierogies!
4:30p-9:30p: Chimi Spot and Bleu Barn Bistro
Also NEW this year, you will be able to pre-purchase a package with the anniversary glass + 4 beer tokens online so you can skip the line and come right on in! Of course, you can always purchase more tokens at the event and we WILL be honoring tokens here at the taproom for future purchases beyond the anniversary. We can’t wait to celebrate with you all! Here’s the breakdown:
$15 Pre-Sale Token Package = Limited edition anniversary glass + 4 beer tokens. (you can wait and purchase tokens and/or glass at the door in any quantity you desire)
ONE TOKEN = 5oz POUR
TWO TOKENS = FULL POUR (16oz standard pint size OR 12oz high gravity and barrel-aged brews)
**Must be 21 with valid ID to purchase/ pickup beer tokens. You do not need to pre-purchase anything to attend the event. Tokens and the anniversary glass will be available for sale at the door.
IN CASE YOU DIDN’T NOTICE, WE ARE BRINGING BACK HAZY SEXY COOL IPA!
The Barrel-Aged List has been finalized:
2018 Turtles on Pterodactyls stout
Four Roses Bourbon Barrel Aged
2018 Rich Girl Imperial Oatmeal Raisin Porter
Muddy River Rum Barrel Aged
2018 Prehistoric Dog Stout
Bookers Bourbon Barrel Aged
2018 Let’s Stay Together barleywine
buffalo trace bourbon barrel-aged
Dirty Bird imperial lazy bird brown ale
4 yr Muddy River Rum Barrel Aged
Vein Melter sour w/ black currants
Tequila Barrel Aged (contains lactose)
Besamé Mucho Gose w/ lime and tangerine zest
Tequila Barrel Aged
Too Many Puppies gran cru fermented w/ cherries
Skipping Rocks white double IPA
16 yr George Dickel Whiskey Barrel Aged
- Saturday, December 7th. Beach Shack Coffe Blonde Ale Release! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Crafted with a variety of the finest, hand-selected coffee microlots and vanilla beans, chosen by our own coffee roastery – Beach Shack.
- Sunday, December 8th. Keg Tapping! 1st Ward Beverage Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Come join us for Sunday Funday and enjoy Cold Mountain on tap from Highland Brewing Company