Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, November 7th. PBB&B Sandwich Imperial Pastry Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Clocking in at 12%, this collaboration was brewed with Hidden Springs Ale Works and inspired by what Elvis might eat!
This Imperial Sweet Pastry Stout has all the flavors of peanut butter, banana, & bacon sandwich. Pours an opaque black, with a viscous mouthfeel and low silky carbonation. Sweet and complex with notes of bacon on the nose from cherrywood smoked malt, freshly ground peanuts, and a hint of ripe bananas. Rich flavors of brownie batter, sweet peanut butter pie, chocolate-dipped banana milkshake, and smoky, crispy, fried, candied bacon.
- Thursday, November 7th. IPA Series Release: Haze-Ology. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for another brew from our Limited Release IPA Series!
This time we’re bringing you Haze-ology, a hazy IPA, with a unique blend of 5 hops which lends to big juicy tropical fruit notes upfront with a citrus finish. Join us for the release of this limited IPA on Thursday, 11/7!
Robust and floral with hints of tangerine and grapefruit, Haze-ology is balanced and bright. We used Eureka, Comet, Amarillo, El Dorado, and Galena hops to create a one-of-a-kind IPA that seamlessly blends the hop character of West Coast-style brew with the hazy qualities of East Coast IPAs.
Haze-ology IPA will release on draft and in cans at 3p!
- Friday, December 8th. Holy Mole Dunkle Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Holy Moly! Join us on November 8th for a special release. This brew, sitting at 6% ABV, is a Dunkelweisse (Dark German Wheat Ale) brewed with Mole sauce spices giving a dark, spicy but drinkable twist on a classic German Style. This was the Charlotte Beer Babes 2019 homebrew winning recipe. It’s a brew not to miss!
- Friday, November 8th. Seasonal Release: Pomme Pom. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-11 pm. Our semi-sweet pomegranate fall/winter seasonal is back!
Deep red in color with hints of both apple and pomegranate on the nose, this cider hits the pallet with apple sweetness and finishes with a tart pomegranate burst of flavor!
- Friday, November 8th. Apple Crumble Ale Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. A cozy winter ale featuring 15 lbs. of caramelized apples and a generous dash of cinnamon.
- Saturday, November 9th. 2019 Strange Brew Beer Festival. The Unknown Brewing company. 7 pm-10 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. We’re celebrating 5 years of being strange! Some of the best breweries in and around Charlotte are joining us to put on a festival based on brews no one would expect, or even dare to create!
This unique adventure pits the Queen City’s top breweries against each other in a battle of weirdness. The goal is to brew, filter, and infuse the weirdest ingredients into the strangest beer!
Over 20 breweries will be in attendance this year. Your ticket gets you access to try every beer multiple times throughout the night!
Its gonna be a freaky good time!
– Live music all night!
– Special performances!
Last year’s winner, Cabarrus Brewing Co. will be back to defend their Strange title! Who’s gonna come out on top?
- Saturday, November 9th. Veteran’s Day Celebration. Sugar Creek Brewing. 11 am-11 pm. Come celebrate Veterans Day this Saturday with veteran-owned and operated craft beer here at the brewery. We’ll have the USO of North Carolina set up and selling raffle tickets to WIN 2 Indian Motorcycles, great food, and drink specials, $5 dollar everything and of course Veterans Discounts. Celebrate our Veterans with Veteran Beer!
- Sunday, November 10th. Cinnamon Bun Brown Ale Release. Pilot Brewing. 10 am-9 pm. One of our fall favorites will be ready for release this Sunday, November 10! Join us for Sunday Market and $3 goblets of Cinnamon Bun Brown Ale all day.