Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, October 31st, Winter Blaze Winter Ale Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Everybody’s favorite winter ale returns on draft and in cans on Halloween!White Blazes mark the entire 2200 miles of the Appalachian Trail leading weary hikers in the right direction. We brewed this Winter Ale with Ceylon Cinnamon and Vanilla Beans, in honor of the great App Trail that provides a respite from our chaotic city lives.
- Thursday, October 31st. Mexicali Stout Release. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. You guys have been asking and here it is!
Charlotte’s FAVORITE cold weather beer is back, FINALLY! Join us for the release of Mexicali Stout on Halloween! Cans and drafts will be available starting at 3p!Warm coffee and cinnamon complement a smooth chocolate flavor in our full-bodied stout. With just a hint of chile heat from fresh habaneros and the addition of cacao nibs and local coffee, MexiCali Stout captures everything you would expect from a traditional molé.
Stay tuned for updates!
- Thursday, October 31st. Burial Beer Co. Tap Takeover! Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 2 pm-10 pm. What better brewery to celebrate all things scary and cool on Halloween than Asheville’s own Burial Beer Co.! We’ve got a KILLER tap list that you don’t want to miss. Some of these beers are very exclusive and cannot be found anywhere else but the brewery itself.~~The Beers~~
1. Impaled by Indoctrination IPA 7.2%abv – Fresh wet hops of Chinook & Cashmere, and dry-hopped w/ Citra & Idaho 7
2. Fragmented Shards of Subconsciousness DIPA 8.5%abv – DDH w/ 2019 harvest crops of Strata, Vic Secret, Galaxy, & Motueka
3. ICED Foudre Aged Lager 4.5%abv – Collab w/ Modern Times Beer
4. The Tearing of Flesh From Bone DIPA 8.2%abv – DDH w/ Mosaic & El Dorado hops
5. March Into Torture Pale Ale 4.8%abv – Dry hopped heavily w/ Huell Melon & Comet hops
6. The Nothing They Need IPA 7.2%abv – DDH w/ Citra, Galaxy, Mosaic, and Centennial Cryo
7. Under a Tide of Eternal Conquest DIPA 8.8%abv – An East Coast take on Double Surf Wax. DDH w/ Citra, Mosaic, & Simcoe Cryo
8. Ample Absurdity Doppelbock w/ Maple Syrup & Coffee 9%abv – Brewed with Funk Grove’s maple syrup and cold-brewed coffee from Counter Culture Coffee
9. The Allegory of Immortality Bourbon Barrel-Aged Old Fashioned Sour w/ Peaches and Orange Peel 9.6%abv – Dark Sour Ale aged in Bourbon Barrels, conditioned upon peaches for 5 months before adding orange zest
10. The Perils of Living in Pretend Barrel-aged Mixed Culture Ale with Second use Cherries 9.4%abv – Fermented with classic Belgian yeast & aged in oak barrels for over 2 years with mixed cultures of Brettanomyces and lactobacillus
11. For Now, We Are Laid to Rest Bourbon Barrel-Aged Cuvee 12.5%abv – 2019 Burnpile VIP exclusive beer, a blend of BBA Barleywine, BBA Imperial Brown Ale, & BBA Imperial Stout
12. Of Strength And Solace Farmhouse Ale 8%abv – Fermented with mixed culture & aged in imported Port Barrels for 9 months before being racked on top of 1 ton of Sauvignon Blanc pomace provided by the folks at Pleb Urban Winery
13. Skillet Donut Imperial Stout 8%abv – A healthy scoop of oats, molasses, milk sugars, and freshly roasted Counter Culture coffee beans
- Friday, November 1st. Hungry Girl IPA Release. Birdsong Brewing Co. 7 pm-10 pm. Celebrate the release of Hungry Girl’s new album, “Rip Currents”. Hungry Girl IPA will be available in limited supply.Listening party/tunes by DJ Justin Aswell.
No cover charge.
- Friday, November 1st. Meinā Jūra. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us on the first day of November, as we rock the boat with this unique Baltic Porter. Meina Jura means “black Sea” in Lithuanian. This brew, sitting at 8.2% ABV, is a smooth, rich, dark and strong porter that is further rounded in its sweet finish from Lager Fermentation. This Baltic Porter was brewed with traditional European hops to balance out the heavy malt bill with a slight accent of cocoa nibs. Come test the waters and try this new release!
- Saturday, November 2nd. Founders Brewing CBS 2019 Release!Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Rea Farms. 11 am-1 pm. Sadly, this will be the final batch of Founders CBS for a foreseeable future, so let’s celebrate and enjoy it while it’s here!Also on tap… 2018 CBS, 2018 KBS and Curmudgeon’s Better Half (flights available!). We’ll have 12 oz. bottles and a limited supply of 750ml bottles of 2019 CBS (available for takeout as well).
Lots of brewery merchandise giveaways… till 1pm!
- Saturday, November 2nd Sausagefest 2019. JJ’s Red Hots East Blvd. 3 pm-7 pm. Tickets @ eventbrite.com. We’re back in 2019 for one of Charlotte’s favorite events of the year!
JJ’s Red Hots 8th Annual Sausagefest takes place on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 at JJ’s Red Hots in Dilworth. This is an intimate beer and sausage tasting event hosted in our parking lot and rooftop deck. Ticket holders will receive an 8oz tasting glass to fill throughout the event. Take these home as souvenirs… they’re included in your entry fee!Highlights (included in entry fee):
• Over 30 beers from 10 different local Charlotte breweries (to be announced in the coming weeks)
• A wide variety of sausages made EXCLUSIVELY for SausageFest (to be announced in the coming weeks)
• Live Music from The Whisky Dollars and Toleman Randall
Click here to view past Sausagefest Event Photos
*Due to space, tickets are limited. We like to keep this a small-ish event so you can enjoy more food, beer and music and less standing in line.
Questions/Comments? Email Melissa email@example.com I WILL BE THERE! Please come and say hi!
- Monday, November 4th. Dunkle Release. The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-10 pm. OMB’s Dark Lager returns Monday, November 4th!
Enjoy this fresh Winter favorite by the fire and let it warm your spirit as it pleases your palate!
This beer is SMOOTH, with caramel and roasted malt flavors courtesy of Dark Munich and Carafa malts. Winter’s wrath is no match for this tasty beer!
Very sessionable at 4.9% ABV, Dunkel is perfect to enjoy through the holiday season, and into the new year!
Water. Malt. Hops. Yeast. Nothing Else.