Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Thursday, October 24th. Up All Night Breakfast Porter Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pn-10 pm. The best thing about New Years is the Christmas lights! Our 10% Breakfast Porter is back and in 16oz cans for the first time!! Brewed with flaked oats, honey, lactose, chocolate malts, and Magnolia Coffee Company coffee. There may be a couple surprise draft-only variants too…
The Dumpling Lady food truck joins us for the release.
- Thursday, October 24th. Dogfish Head Tap Takeover. 1st Ward Beverage Co. 5 pm-12 am. Another Tap Takeover! This time, it’s Dogfish Head coming in hot to takeover our taps! 3 Great beers will be featured as well as a complimentary Burgers and Hotdog bar for all paying patrons. Come enjoy good food and the best brews in town!
- Friday, October 25th. FALL FUNK FEST. The Unknown Brewing Company. 6 pm-10:30 pm. Ticket free at eventbrite.com. On October 25th we will be hosting the biggest event of the season and tickets are completely FREE! What’s that mean for you?…
🍁 Free Concert with performances from your Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band, AKITA, Ajeva, and VonHunter!
🍁The first look at the much anticipated Unknown Wood & Grain Project! We will be giving tours of the new facility along with a limited release of our very first project!
🍁The first release of our new fall beer “Squash Those Pumpkin Beers”!
🍁 Then of course…food trucks, pop up shops, pumpkin chucking contest, bobbing for apple’s contest, flannel contest and much more!
Make sure you guys get your tickets and come venture into the Unknown on October 25th for the Fall Funk Fest!
- Friday, October 25th. Velvet Elvis Chocolate Ry Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. A rich chocolate stout that wraps your palate in a warm blanket of sweet milk chocolate and brownie batter flavors. Rye and Chocolate Rye malt contribute to this full-bodied beer with added complexity and subtle malty spiciness. This stout finishes with burnt coffee flavors from Roasted Barely, giving it a balance of sweetness and roastiness. A beer truly fit for The King!
One keg only, so don’t miss it!
- Saturday, October 26. Beer for Breakfast: A Beer and Donut Pairing. Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 10 am-3 pm. It’s that time of year again and we are excited to bring our 3rd iteration of Beer for Breakfast: A Beer & Donut pairing! We are switching it up this go-around and partnering with Pepperbox Doughnuts to pair with some fantastic beers! Mark those calendars!! You don’t want to miss this great event!
Taplist and donut pairing have been finalized!! Check it out below!
~~ The Beers w/ Donut pairing~~
> Hi-Wire Brewing Mexican HOT Chocolate 10W-40 Imperial Stout brewed w/ Chocolate, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Pasilla & Carolina Reaper peppers
~~Paired w/ Mexican Chocolate Donut w/ Dark chocolate icing infused with sea salt, cinnamon, & cayenne pepper. Topped with crunchy cacao nibs
> Burial Beer Co. Skillet Donut Imperial Stout brewed w/ Oats, Molasses, Milk Sugars, and Counter Culture Coffee beans
~~Paired w/ Orange Honey Butter Donut covered with orange honey butter glaze then finished with crunchy, toasted doughnut crumbs
> Wooden Robot Brewery Good Morning Vietnam Coffee Blonde Ale brewed w/ Madagascar Vanilla beans & Enderley Coffee
~~Paired w/ Brownie batter topped w/ rich chocolate buttercream, mini milk chocolate chips, & brownie bits
> Foothills Brewing Pumpkin Ale brewed w/ real pumpkins and spices
~~Paired w/ Mini Apple Fritters classic apple fritter, bite-sized, filled with chunks of local apples & glazed w/ apple cider. I will be there, so come say HI!
- Saturday, October 26. Triple Can Release. Divine Barrel Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Join us for a triple can release this Saturday! We’ll be releasing our Imperial Stout collab with Your Mom’s Donuts, The Universe is a Donut, one of our favorite West Coast #bitterbois, Forty Dollar Bill, and bringing back the deliciously hazy Basement of my Brain.
The Universe is a Donut: Imperial Stout, 10.5% ABV – This decadent imperial stout was brewed with over 50 pounds of glazed donuts from Your Mom’s Donuts here in Charlotte and lactose. It was then heavily dosed with Villain Coffee Company espresso beans, vanilla, and cocoa nibs during secondary fermentation. The result is a tantalizingly thick, jet-black beer with a sweet, battery tiramisu flavor explosion.
Forty Dollar Bill: West Coast IPA, 7.1% ABV – Our dank West Coast IPA double dry-hopped with the classic Citra, Simcoe & Amarillo profile like the hop bombs of old. Perfumed with deep notes of vibrant ruby red grapefruit, Meyer lemon, tangelo, and sticky pine. A specially crafted lighter malt base allows for the aromatic hops to shine.
The basement of my Brain: Hazy IPA, 6.5% ABV – A hazy IPA brewed and double dry-hopped with Mosaic, Cashmere & Sultana hops. Filled with dank and juicy hops, look for flavors of pine, mango, pineapple, and slight berry undertones.