Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, October 9th. Bik Belles Helles Lager Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Brewed for and named by Sustain Charlotte – This Munich Helles Lager has aromas of bready malt and sweet yeast esters. Very low hop bitterness make this a very refreshing easy-drinking beer, perfect for sipping on after Biketoberfest presented by The Charlotte Knights!! ABV – 4.8%
We are releasing it a few days early in our taproom on Thursday but will have plenty at the event Sunday too. $1 from each pour from the batch goes to Sustain Charlotte and their mission to inspire choices that lead to a healthy, equitable, and vibrant community for generations to come. Get those Biketoberfest tickets while you still can! https://www.sustaincharlotte.org/biketoberfest
- Thursday, October 9th. Enter the Dark Stout and Porter Showcase. Carolina Beer Temple Charlotte. 12 pm-11 pm. Free ticket at event.brite.com. Summer is over. The nights are getting longer. That means that the beers are getting darker as well. Join us as we tap a selection of the darkest beers we can get our hands-on. It’s been hot for way too long. Get in the mood for the latter half of the year with a night of black beer and warm company, right here at the Temple.
- Friday, October 11th. GABF medal party with live music by Rick Challen. Sugar Creek Brewing. 2 pm-11 pm. We are so humbled but also so proud of the entire team here at Sugar Creek Brewing Company for bringing home the Silver in one of the oldest and most sought after beer styles in the world. Belgian Dubbels have been a treasured beer style for many years and it was one of our main goals here at the brewery to have one of the best Dubbels in the world. Come toast a pint with the team here at the brewery this Friday after work with Live Music at 7pm by Rich Challen and $3 Belgian Dubbels all day long.
- Friday, October 11th. Hot Pistol Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. You’ve been asking, and we’re delivering. Join us in the taproom on Friday, October 11th for our draft AND can release one of your seasonal favorites. Hot Pistol, sitting at 7% ABV, is back! After just one sip of our chocolate, raspberry, and habanero Stout, you’ll be glad to have a to-go option.
- Saturday, October 12th. Oyster & Seafood Fest! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Join us for Seafood & Beer Fest at Sycamore! We’ve partnered up with CCA North Carolina- a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting our coastal resources and preserving our fishery for the enjoyment of future generations. They will be joining us for this event to educate us on why it’s so important to maintain cleanliness in our coastal habitats.
Live Music, Fresh Craft Beer, Wine, Wild Blossom Cider, Great Times! More details to come!
- Saturday, October 12th. Ground Up Coffee Milk Stout Release. Lenny Boy Brewing. 11 am-11 pm. GROUND UP / our favorite Fall seasonal will be available on Saturday, Oct 12th. We brewed Ground Up with Counter Culture Coffee from our wonderful friends in Durham, NC. This robust stout is packed with coffee to compliment the chocolate, caramel, and toffee flavors. 5.3% abv
Ground Up will on tap and available in 4-packs for you to take home. This beer is perfect for all you coffee lovers. Make sure you get some while it lasts!
On Saturday, Oct, 12th, we will also have a Sip, Shop & Support market with 15+ local vendors for you to peruse locally craft goods! The HeartBright Foundation will also be on-site hosting a market and a raffle with prizes like a trip to Mexico, workshop classes, gift cards to local restaurants. There will be activities for all ages to enjoy!
- Monday, October 14th. Bauern Bock Release/ Olde Mecklenburg Brewery 11 am-10 pm. Bauern Bock fans mark your calendar for October 14th!
Our holiday “Farmer’s Bock” is a rich, malty, German-style doppelbock lager with a deep amber color that goes with the season.
* It’s also one of our “biggest” beers with an ABV of 7.5% *
Bauern Bock will be available on draft in the OMB Brauhaus and in select restaurants & bars. It will also be available in local stores in specialty 4-packs.
Get ready to enjoy the Fall and holiday season even more!