here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, August 29th. Summer’s Not Dead Fruited Pale Ale. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Fruited American Pale Ale – Massive aromas and flavors of juicy mango, underripe pineapple, and a bit of sticky pine. Moderate bitterness with a pillowy mouthfeel
- Thursday, August 29th. Red, White & Brew Stable Call. The Unknown Brewing Company. 6 pm-9 pm. Tickets, http://www.veteransbridgehome.galaxydigital.com. Veterans and patriots,
The Red, White and Brew Stable Call is back in 2019 and we need you!
For those unfamiliar with the Red, White and Brew Stable Call format, here’s how it works:
Step 1: Go to the designated watering hole (varies every month, August at Unknown) at the designated date/time (typically the last Thursday of every month)
Step 2: Buy a beer.
That’s it. That’s how you do it.
We will see you there.
- Friday, August 30th. Lobster and Beer Lunch/Dinner. Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-10 pm. Enjoy a Lobster & Beer Lunch! Can’t make it for lunch? No worries! Cousins Maine Lobster will also be joining us Sycamore Brewing for Food Truck Friday – South End!
- Friday, August 30th. Blurred Lines (Amor Artis Collaboration). NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Releasing at our taproom on August 30th is a collaboration with our friends across the border at Amor Artis. This is a unique batch of Juicy IPA brewed utilizing five distinct hops; Mosaic, Cascade, Chinook, Amarillo and Experimental 10416.
Amor Artis will brew the same base beer utilizing their own blend of hops. Amor Artis’ version is an inverse of our name called “Lines Blurred”.
To collaborate, even more, each brewery will blend a third of their batch with the others. That’s where the lines get “blurred”…the beers will be different but somewhat the same.
Join us in the taproom — starting at 3 pm — to get your hands on this unique brew. 🍺
- Saturday, August 31st. Cellar Series Bottle Release. Legion Brewing. 12 pm-3 pm. Our FIRST release from our highly-anticipated Cellar Series will be held on Saturday, August 31st.
Entmoot: An Oak Farmhouse Ale brewed with pilsner malts and local malted buckwheat, fermented with Norwegian farmhouse yeast, and aged in oak for six months with mixed culture. Tasting notes are Oak and Toasted Pineapple.
Ouroboros: A Mixed-Culture Saison Ale brewed with our traditional Saison recipe, Sterling hops, Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and aged in charred oak barrels. Carefully blended with reserve peach sour.
We’ll be opening doors to the public at 12pm. Limited bottles of each of these beers are available!
- Saturday, August 31st. Mediterranean Street Food Fest! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Join us for Mediterranean Street Food Fest at Sycamore on Saturday, August 31st at 12 noon in the Sycamore Beer Garden for great authentic Mediterranean style food from our friends at GyroTwinsTruck and Taza! Great Sycamore beers, frosé Wild Blossom Cider and live music!
- Sunday, September 1st. $3 Beer Day! Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-7 pm. Sunday, September 1st we will have $3 beers all day at the Brewery 🍻 You can enjoy our freshest IPAs, southern lagers, select kettle sours, and all flavors of Elation for only $3.
Why… because the Sunday scaries don’t exist the day before Labor Day! We will also have some amazing food specials for everyone to enjoy. And – did you know you can enjoy $3 Kombucha Mimosas EVERY Sunday 🥂
Live music from 3 – 6pm 🎸
Grab your friends and family – and come enjoy live music, craft beer and kombucha, and all of our Labor Day specials 😋
Please note: the Taproom will be closed on Monday, Sept 2nd for Labor Day.
- Sunday, September 1st. Dog Days of Summer. NoDa Brewing. 12 pm-7 pm. Woof, there it is!
It’s the day we’ve all been waiting for. On Monday, July 29th, every dog lover’s dream came true. North Carolina’s Governor signed SB 290, which means our four-legged best friends are now allowed inside our taproom. 🐾
We are ready to celebrate and we hope you are too! Bring your pup(s) on Sunday, September 1st for an overall doggone good time. Did we mention we’ll have dog treats and dog pools? 🐶🍻
K9 Doggie Bakery
Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love
Mid Atlantic Pug Rescue
Four Dogs Pet Supplies
QC Canine Design
King of Pops Charlotte
Carolina Waterfowl Rescue
- Monday, September 2nd. New Pilot Batch Release: Cranberry Saison Release. Pilot Brewing. 2 pm-9pm. Enjoy Labor Day with us at Pilot for the release of our new Cranberry Saison! Goblets of the new Saison are $3 on release day.