Here are this week’s news and events happing in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday-Friday, August 15th-16th. Flat Brim Hazy IPA Can Release. Triple C Brewing Company. Thursday 4 pm – Friday at 10 pm. We are celebrating Triple C Brewing’s 7th Anniversary Party a couple days early with the return of our favorite Hazy IPA!
Flat Brim IPA is brewed with ridiculous amounts of Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe hops and only 5.2% ABV.
- Thursday, August 15th Resident Culture Lagerfest Sneak Preview Event! Carolina Beer Temple Charlotte. 12 pm-11 pm. RESIDENT CULTURE IS BACK! We never get tired of saying that. Ahead of their epic upcoming Lager Fest beer festival, don’t miss this chance to save yourself a drive to Plaza Midwood and try a selection of hot new and old favorite beers from the company named one of 2018’s hottest new breweries by RateBeer. Just check out this tap list!
+Oversoul – 7% ABV – Hazy IPA hopped with Citra and Strata
+Comfortable Chaos – 7% ABV – Southern Hemisphere Hazy IPA hopped with Ella, Wakatu, Rakau, Pacific Jade, and Galaxy
+For the First Time Again – 4.5% ABV – Mini German-Style Pils
+Island Time – 4.5% ABV – Mexican Lager w/ Lime collab w/ Casita Cerveceria
+This Thing – 5.4% ABV – Pilsner Hopped w/ Saphir collab w/ Unseen Creatures
+Thunder Study – 7% ABV – IPA hopped w/ Galaxy and Citra
- Friday, August 16th. Gordgeous Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. The return of your favorite fall brew is back on August 16, this time as a Gold medal winner. 🎃
Gordgeous is a well-balanced pumpkin Ale using over 50 lbs. of pumpkin and 42 lbs. of brown sugar for every batch! Our spice blend is not the typical for pumpkin beers, either. We use whole-seed spices cracked at the brewery on brew day which includes allspice, cardamom, cloves and freshly shaved whole ginger root.
Join us in the taproom — starting at 2 pm — to get your hands on this all-time favorite brew. 🍺
- Saturday, August 17th. QC Sip and Shop at Pour Taproom. Pour Taproom. 2:30 pm-7:30 pm. Local handmade vendors will be popping up at Pour Taproom in Plaza Midwood along with Great Lakes Brewing and Wicked Weed. There will also be a food truck onsite and the self pour taps will be flowing!
*There will also be a raffle benefiting Juvenile Diabetes*
Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store
Covaly Artisan Jewelry
Roses and Azalea
Dapper Dogs Boutique
Giant Viking Rings
Taylor Homestead Soap
It’s Poppin Gourmet Kettle Korn
Jewelry By Ang
- Saturday, August 17th. Lager Fest: A Celebration of Lager Beer. Resident Culture Brewing Company. 5 pm-10 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. We are incredibly excited to announce that on August 17th, in conjunction with our dear friends at Casita Cerveceria, Resident Culture will be hosting our inaugural Lagerfest: A Celebration of Lager Beer.
We have been working closely over the last few months to bring together some of the most outstanding lager brewers in the country (if not the world). It is no secret how much we love lagers and we are incredibly excited to share our love of lager beer with Charlotte.
Many more exciting details coming soon, including brewery announcements, stay tuned.