Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, August 1st. National IPA Day. Flying Saucer Charlotte. 11 am=11:59 pm. Tapping 25 plus IPA’s
Hop Inspired Food Menu
- Thursday, August 1st. IPA Day at Sycamore! Sycamore Brewing12 pm-10 pm. National IPA day 2019 at Sycamore! To celebrate, we’ll be opening at 12pm with $3 Mountain Candy & Citropica IPA’s all day long! AND we’ll be giving away a FREE IPA Day pint glass with your IPA to the first 200 people and a FREE IPA Day Tee to the first 50 people! Rollicious Ribs & More, LLC will also be serving up lunch & dinner and The Garbage Truck will be joining us for dinner in the Sycamore Beer Garden! Live Music by Falconheartnc, Late Night Special and Wag the Dog
* a selection of other beers (non-IPAs) and Wild Blossom Cider also on tap*
- Friday, August 2nd. Raspberry White Can Release. Sugar Creek Brewing. 2 pm-11 pm. You’ve been demanding for this beer in Cans now for years and the time has finally arrived! Join as we release our beloved Raspberry White Ale on August 2nd for the first time ever in 16oz cans! Your favorite poolside beer that was never allowed at the pool because it was in a bottle is now allowed POOL SIDE! Come celebrate with Live Music, Can release and we may even fire up the Smoothie Machine for some special Raspberry White Ale Smoothies! Don’t miss it! 🍻
- Friday, August 2nd. Rainbow Sherbert Fruited Sour. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. No spoons needed! This fruited sour pours vibrant red in color with a bright fruited nose and tart finish from the Berliner Weisse base. Raspberry, pineapple, lime, and vanilla added in secondarily and brewed with lactose to add a touch of sweetness and balance. At 4.2% settle in because this is that low ABV you’ve been looking for on a long night with friends.
- Saturday, August 3rd. Can Release: nps100 Centennial Irish Red Ale. Blue Blaze Brewing. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for our very first can release of #NPS100 Centennial Irish Red Ale. #NPS100 has been aggressively single-hopped with Centennial hops, originally brewed, celebrating the 100th birthday of the National Park Service in August.
We made a bit larger batch this time around and only a small run of cans. Swing by the taproom from 12:00 – 10:00 for a pint!
- Tuesday, August 6th. Old Tuffy Launch Party-Charlotte. Caswell Station. 6 pm-8 pm. Tickets http://www.alumni.ncsu.edu. Join NC State friends and New Belgium Brewing as we celebrate the launch of Old Tuffy, a collaborative beer paying homage to NC State! Attendees who pre-register will also be entered to win a Homecoming football game prize pack.