Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, July 17th. Pilot Batch Release: Island Columbus Hopper. Pilot Brewing. 2 pm-9 pm. Taste a little bit of island life with the release of our next Island Hopper, this time showcasing the Columbus hop. New Pilot Batch beer means $3 Goblets on release day!
The Columbus hop is a dual purpose hop with intense earthy and faint citrus character. Typical alpha: 14.0-16.0%. Very pungent aroma, clean bittering properties.
- Thursday, July 18th. Hazy Sunday Can Release! Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Just in time for the 3rd Annual Jimbo-Palooza, Hazy Like A Sunday Morning IPA returns in cans and on draft! A portion of sales from this collaboration with Jimmy CORE Foundation will go back to the charity! Join us Thursday for the beer release and Saturday for Jimbo-Palooza and don’t miss this all Citra Hazy IPA!
- Friday, July 19th. Beer Release: Purple Blaze Common Lager. Blue Blaze Brewing. 2 pm-10 pm. Join us for a re-release of Purple Blaze Common Lager (5.5%) on draught only. Crisp and refreshing all-American steam/common style lager that’s balanced & smooth with a medium body and sassy fruity, hoppy notes. It’s uncommonly good!
We made a bit larger batch this time around. Swing by the taproom from 2:00 – 10:00 for a pint!
- Friday, July 19th. Caprese Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us July 19th for a balanced blonde ale, sitting at 5% ABV. This beer is designed to be the beer version of a Caprese salad. Fermented on blanched tomatoes and brewed with sea salt to mimic the brine of mozzarella cheese and basil, this beer is surprisingly refreshing and unique! 🍻It’s a half-barrel batch, so make sure you try this brew as quick as you can!
- Saturday, July 20th. Legiondary Feild Day. Legion Brewing (Commonwealth Ave) 3 pm-7 pm. The Friends of Summer Event Series continues on July 20th with a Legiondary Field Day! Bring your game-face with you for Legiondary Field-Style Games and get ready for our newest beer release Hot Fuzz, a mouth-watering, effervescent kettle sour brewed with 100% Riverbend Malt, jalapenos, and locally sourced peaches! This event is free and family-friendly, and pups are allowed too (outside only)!
- Saturday, July 20th. 20th Anniversary Party. Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. 12 pm-11 pm. That’s right – We’re turning 20 on July 20th! Time flies when you’re brewing (and drinking) beer. We would love nothing more than to celebrate this milestone with YOU!
– Sip on the four BRAND NEW anniversary beers
– Shop at the Starving Artist Market CLT: local & handmade
– Mark the day with a limited edition anniversary T-shirt, printed onsite
– Test your recording skills at our mobile podcast station
– Enjoy live music throughout the day
– Nosh on bites from the Fresh Med Mediterranean Fusion Food Truck or Holy City Waffles food trucks
– Have the chance to win a $200 gift card as part of the Find Green, Get Green promotion:
On each day (July 15-19) leading up to the anniversary bash, the tasting room will have a one-pint glass with a band around it, an emerald green color in honor of the 20th anniversary. The glass will be randomly hidden in the day’s serving glassware; the lucky person to be served the emerald glass “gets green”—a special emerald-colored $20 gift card. The guest who is served the emerald glass during our July 20 anniversary party will receive a $200 gift card.
Mark your calendars!
- Sunday, July 21st. Suns out Tongues out Pool Pawty. Lucky Dog Bark and Brew. 1 pm. Our first pool pawty was such a hit, we’ve decided to have one EVERY SUNDAY! Beat the heat with $5 Bloody Marys, Mimosas and more! This weekend Bad Mother Smokers LLC Food Truck!
***We are a 21+ facility. Fur-kids only! All guests must have a valid ID and all dogs must be spayed/neutered & up to date on vaccines. Please remember, you are responsible for your dog.***