Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, June 12th. PTT x Burial Beer Co. Tap Takeover. Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop. 2 pm-10 pm. We’ve stockpiled a lot of kegs from Burial Beer Co., so much so that we need to do another tap takeover to clear some room in our cooler. Come join us for one of the most diverse takeovers yet!
~~Tap List Below~~
> The Savages of Ruminating Minds NEIPA – 7.2%abv
> The Pall of Ominous Aura Brett IPA – 7.2%abv
> Through the Gates of the Sleepy Silver Door Hazy Pale Ale – 6%abv
> Born From Death (TRVE Brewing Collab) Saison w/ Peach and Nectarine Blossoms – 4.4%abv
> Billhook Farmhouse Ale – 7%abv
> An Abstract Reverie Farmhouse Ale w/ Citrus & Mandarina Bavaria – 4.5%abv
> Reverence of the Wren Imperial Stout – 10%abv
> Like Everlasting Shadows Dopplestick Lager – 8.3%abv
> Torrent of Souls Mixed Culture Saison w/ Marrionberries & Blackberries – 5%abv
> An Abyss of Human Experience Triple NEIPA – 10%abv
> This Immortal Coil (Wayfinder Beer Collab) IPL – 7%abv
> Krystal Artifakts (Pinthouse Pizza Collab) West Coast Style IPA – 7%abv
See you on Wednesday!!
- Thursday, June 13th. Scandinavi-Ale. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11:30 pm. In the past, the Swedes, Danes, and Norwegians were renowned for their fearsome Viking warriors and brutal pillaging of Europe’s coastlines. These days they are more commonly known for IKEA stores, minimalist architecture… and GREAT BEER! While Mikkeller and Evil Twin may have paved the way for the great beers of Scandinavian breweries to reach our shores, but there are so many other incredible ones worth trying that we couldn’t pass on the opportunity to show some of them off. So whether it’s a hazy IPA from Sweden’s Brewski or stout from Denmark’s To Ol, we want to expand your horizons and show you the world of Viking beer for a modern age!
TAP LIST IN PROGRESS:
Brewski Mangofeber Hazy IPA
Brewski Guavafeber Hazy IPA
To Ol Mr. Blue Imperial Black Currant Stout
Mikkeller Wicked Sik Spells NEIPA
- Friday, June 14th. Triumph Pils Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us on Friday, June 14th, for the release of our Czech Pilsner. This brew, sitting at 4.8% ABV, stays straight forward and traditional with Pilsner grain base and several Saaz hop additions. The batch is then finished off with a newer hop variety, Triumph and then dry hopping it with Triumph to give a unique, citrus/lemon peel accent. A proven style that is already crisp and clean with clean and earthy malt/hop balance. Just what your palate needs this summer!
- Friday, June 14th. Small Batch Release: Watermelon Cucumber. 3 pm-11 pm. Red Clay Ciderworks. Small batch release number two for this month is a summer favorite from last year; Tell it to the Melon, our semi-sweet watermelon cucumber!
Served in our taproom only while supplies last, so don’t wait too long!
And yes, friends, we will be filling your growlers with this deliciousness!
- Saturday, June 15th Luau Lemonade Release Party. 12 pm-11 pm. Sycamore Brewing Company. Join us on Saturday, June 15th for our Luau Lemonade Gose Can Release Party! We will also be Celebrating our Lobster & Beer Fest! at 12pm in the Sycamore Beer Garden! Live Music, Amazing Food Trucks and the Best of Times! See you there! Cheers!
Brewed with a Lively Blend of Tropical Fruits, Best Served with Good Friends for Great Times. Kāmau Kī’aha!
- Saturday-Sunday, June 15th-16th. Father’s Day Fest. 11 am-11 pm & 11 am-10 pm. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Celebrate Father’s Day at OMB all weekend on Saturday, June 15th and Sunday, June 16th!
CHANCE TO WIN OMB BEER FOR A YEAR – LIVE MUSIC – GOLF CONTEST – FOOD FEATURES FOR DAD AND THE FAMILY – FRESH BEER – STEIN HOISTING – GREAT PRIZES
We’ll be giving away some pretty amazing prizes all weekend. We’re also going to have some fun activities and food features just for Dad!
Saturday & Sunday 2 – 3pm
Grand Prize – WIN BEER FOR A YEAR!!!
Are you a golfer? Even if you’re not, we’re going to have an OMB Chipping Contest set up with multiple ways to win some great gifts/prizes from OMB. Other prizes include OMB gift cards and merch (t-shirts & hats).
OMB’s STEIN HOISTING COMPETITION!
Saturday & Sunday 3 – 4pm
OMB’s Stein Hoisting Contest returns! We’ll have competitions on both Saturday & Sunday with a chance to win some gift cards to OMB. Win a $25, $50, or $100 OMB gift card for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (Mens & Womens divisions)!
On SATURDAY we’ll have some delicious food features:
Surf & Turf Burger (Fried Gulf Shrimp, Remoulade, 6oz Beef Chuck Patty, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce & Tomato)
Gulf Coast Wrap
(Fried Gulf Shrimp, Remoulade, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Spinach Tortilla Wrap)
ON SUNDAY WE’LL HAVE A BUFFET LUNCH! All you can eat! When you purchase the buffet, you’ll also receive a free gold leaf logo’d OMB Biergarten Mug!
The BUFFET LUNCH (SUNDAY) will have these options:
– Roasted Prime Rib
(Horseradish Cream, Spicy Mustard, Brotchen Rolls)
– Cut to Order Sausages
(Kielbasa, Knockwurst, Bratwurst, Gyulai, Country, Franks)
(Mustard, Spicy Mustard, Apple Sauce, Curry Ketchup, Brotchen Roll)
– Scrambled Eggs
– Buttermilk Biscuits – Sausage Gravy. Red Eye Gravy
– Hash Brown Casserole
– Bacon & Nueremburger Sausage Links
– Charred Brussel Sprouts
– Fresh Sliced Fruit & Seasonal Berries
– Artisan Greens Salad
(Goat Cheese, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onion, Roasted Peppers, Ranch & Balsamic Vinaigrette)
– Smoked Salmon – Cucumber, Capers, Hard Cooked Egg, Dill Cream
* Price for Sunday’s Lunch buffet is $29.95 (includes gold leaf logo’d OMB Biergarten Mug)
* No reservations needed.
* Our regular menu will also be available and the ‘Garten Grill will be open as well.
U. S. Open Golf Tournament
We’ll also be broadcasting the U.S. Open on our tv’s throughout the Brauhaus all weekend! You can grab some fresh beer, kick back and watch the final round on Sunday!
We’ll also have live music all weekend with 2 bands on Saturday and 1 band on Sunday.
Join us and celebrate Dad! Prost!
- Sunday, June 16th. Fatherfest. Brewers at 4001 Yancey. 11 am-10 pm. Fine tune your dad jokes and come celebrate Father’s Day with us on Sunday, June 16.
In addition to our regular menu, a specialty menu has been built for dad’s that includes:
🥩 St. Louis Style Ribs | fries, jalapeno slaw, 2X IPA bbq sauce
🍗 Smoked Half Chicken | ranch potatoes, mixed greens, S.C. mustard sauce
🍔 Surf-N-Turf Burger | beef patty, fried shrimp, shredded lettuce, American cheese, Old Bay mayo
🍺 We will also be tapping some of our limited Sixpoint beers for Father’s Day including:
⚽ The FIFA Women’s World Cup will be playing on all TVs at noon! Good food, good brews, and awesome sports sound like the perfect Father’s Day to us!