Here are this week’s news and happenings in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, May 30th. Kick the Keg Event in Charlotte. Pour Taproom. 6 pm-11 pm. Help your favorite brewery kick the keg for a chance to be showcased on the ever-changing walls at Pour Taproom. Fierce competition between 19 breweries to prove which is best. See our tap list below.
Wicked Weed Pernicious IPA
Bold Rock Blackberry Cider
RJ Rocker’s Son of a Peach
Catawba White Zombie
Kona Big Wave
Goose Island Next Coast
Abita Strawberry Lager
Southern Tier Swipe Light
Sixpoint Resin IPA
Sycamore Mountain Candy
White Street Kolsch
Appalachian Mountain Brewery Boone Creek Blonde
Sugar Creek Big Oh!
Devil’s Backbone Gold Leaf
Dogfish Head SuperEight
Golden Road Mango Cart
Elysian Space Dust
Palmetto Idle Speed Salted Lime Lager
- Thursday, May 30th. Generously Hopped at Wooden Robot. 5 pm-8 pm. Tickets at http://www.atriumhealthfoundation.org. What’s better than a nice, cold beer on a summer evening? A beer that is not only refreshing for you but also spreads hope for pediatric patients at Levine Children’s! Grab a pint (or two) of the Generously Hopped IPA v22* at Wooden Robot and $1 of every large pour or crowler fill will benefit the Pediatric Immunodeficiency Fund at Levine Children’s Hospital. No ticket necessary! Learn more about the fund at AtriumHealthFoundation.org/Immunodeficiency.
*Fundraiser ongoing through mid-June, while supplies last.
- Friday, May 31st. Patio Punch. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Summer came early, and this hot weather deserves a refreshingly cold beer. Triple C Brewing, Co. added tons of grapefruit to a smooth drinking blonde ale to juice up your tastebuds. The carbonation on this beer is slightly amped to give you that final fizzy fix.
- Friday, May 31st. Passionfruit Gose Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. Our Passionfruit Gose is back! This Gose, sitting at 4% ABV, is brewed with nearly 50% wheat malt, sea salt, and refermented on passionfruit. Like all of our goses, we used a blend of Burlington Ale yeast with Lactobacillus. It’s the perfect combination of light, sweet, and tart for this warm weather ahead. ☀️ 🍻
- Saturday, June 1st. Blue Blaze 3 year Anniversary. Blue Blaze Brewing. 11:30 am-10 pm. Happy National Trails Day! And, help us raise a glass to cheers to 3 years!
Blue Blaze Brewing is celebrating 3 years of providing Charlotte and surrounding communities with fresh, local craft beer.
Come out with friends (or meet new ones) Saturday, June 1st from 12pm to 10pm. Beer Releases, Food Trucks, Bands, and other Fun throughout the day.
Look for more announcements coming soon!
We’ve got a bunch of goodies planned for you! There are five aged beers, two barrel-aged beers, four brand new beers, and several recently released. Almost all of these are in very small quantities so you’ll want to be sure to get a pour while you can.
Brewery Beer Tent – Available at Open (Short Pours only Please)
***B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale (Aged since 2017)
***B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale (Aged since 2018)
***B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale Aged on Oak (Aged since 2018)
Brewery Beer Tent – Tapped at 1:30PM (Short Pours only Please)
***Lean Too Doppelbock (Aged since 2017)
***Lean Too Doppelbock (Aged since 2018)
***Lean Too Doppelbock (2019, Aged for 6 months) Treat yourself to a pre-release sneak peek! You won’t see it again till the holidays.
***RUA Whiskey BA Lean Too Doppelbock from a firkin (Aged since 2018)
***RUA Whiskey BA Black Blaze Milk Stout (2019, brand new)
Band Area Beer Tent – Available at Open
***YoYo Imperial Hazy IPA (9%) Brand new and one of our three beer hazy series. A higher gravity takes on our New England style hazy IPA made with Citra, El Dorado, Mosaic, Galaxy, and Equanot. Then we double dry hopped it! There’re no adjuncts, no juices, no syrups … all the juicy flavors come from only the hops! (Short Pours only Please)
***NoBo Milkshake IPA – Only on Nitro! Another of our three beer hazy series. Made heavy on the Galaxy hops and a touch of lactose. If you’ve never had this style before, this one tastes like OJ mixed with a little bit of grapefruit juice.
***SoBo Orangerine Hazy IPA – We recently released this and is the first of our three beer hazy series.
***Pinki’s Revenge Milkshake Hefeweizen (5%) Only on Nitro! A super fun, brand new take on our popular Pink Blazer Hefeweizen. We took our Pink Blazer recipe and introduced a touch of lactose, the only adjunct addition. Then we charged it on nitro for a subtle sweet banana & pineapple creamy milkshake-like goodness.
***Radler w/ Yellow Blazer Kolsch – When the YoYo kicks, we’ll tap our brand new Radler made with Yellow Blazer Kolsch and our house-made raspberry-lemonade soda. So refreshing!
– Bike ride on the Greenway with Carolina Thread Trail @ 11:30am. Registration Required Please.
– Yoga in the Park @ 11:30am (Free – Sign-in at Ticket Tent)
– Māya Beth Atkins @ 12:30pm
– Jeremy Davis & Friends @ 2pm
– Kat Hall Band @ 5pm
– That Guy Smitty @ 8pm
– The Herban Legend
– Queen City Pretzel Factory
– King of Pops Charlotte
– The Sweetest Thing Bake Shop
– Carolina Thread Trail
– Yappy Hour Bakery
– Artist Roni Langley
– 5 Points Realty
Walk or Ride your bike … up the Stewart Creek Greenway for those near Uptown. Additional bike racks provided for cyclists! For those on four wheels, parking will be available in nearby lots.
Event is free. Beer tickets must be purchased to receive pints. Get an awesome Anniversary Party glasses free with the purchase of three beer tickets. Three beer tickets will get you three beers OR you can choose a pitcher of your favorite Blue Blaze beer to share with friends. Beer tickets will be available on-site the day of the event.
The fun kicks off at 12:00p! We can’t wait to see you there!
- Saturday, June 1st. Pop The Top 2-year Anniversary Party. Pop The Top Craft Beer Shop. 12 pm. Join us on Saturday, June 1st as we celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary!! We will be giving away a special 2 Year Anniversary glass to the first 50 customers, will have free appetizers from New Wrap Order (while they last), special beer releases ALL day.. live music and more! Doors open at 12pm. CHEERS, FRIENDS and THANK YOU!!
Tap List with more to come:
– 2017 Southern Pines Brewing Company Southern Pines Brewing BBA German Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout
– 2018 Funky Buddha Brewery BBA Morning Wood Imperial Porter
– 2018 Prairie Artisan Ales Birthday Bomb! Imperial Stout
– New Anthem Beer Project Steez NEIPA
– New Anthem Beer Project Sugar Kisses Stout
– Fonta Flora Brewery Blubade Pink Lemonade Sour
– Fonta Flora Brewery Big Shrug American Wild Ale
– Burial Beer Co. The Garden of Earthly Delights V Sour
– Burial Beer Co. Ascent of the Blessed Golden Sour Ale w/ Pinot Gris & Viognier grapes
– Hill Farmstead Brewery Anna Farmhouse Ale
– Wooden Robot Brewery Farmhouse Blanc
– Brewery Bhavana Elymus Ancient Grain Farmhouse Ale
– Brewery Bhavana Pithy NEIPA hopped w/ Vic Secret
– High Branch Brewing Diamond Ring Hazy Double IPA
– High Branch Brewing Black Current Poke Sour
- Monday, June 3rd. Mecklenburg Helles Lager Release. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-10 pm. OMB’s official beer of summer is back! Join us for the release of Mecklenburger Helles Lager on June 3rd.
This Bavarian style lager is a liquid homage to our home in Mecklenburg County. With its crystal clear, golden blonde color, Mecklenburger is fresh, smooth and easy to love. A Helles, its slight malty character is perfectly balanced by very subtle, lingering hop notes and a crisp, refreshing finish to help take the steam out of a hot Carolina day.
Like all OMB beers, Mecklenburger is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.” In line with Reinheitsgebot, it was brewed using natural carbonation from the pure CO2 produced by the yeast during fermentation. We pull our brews from our lager tanks weekly, so you know it’s fresh. And, it was kept cold from production to delivery to you, because all beer should be kept cold to maximize freshness. We hope you enjoy this pure, fresh, cold beer.
This is a free event. Under 21 are welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten.