Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, March 15th. New Beer Release: Island Mosaic Hopper. Pilot Brewing. 4 pm- 9 pm. Join us for the release of our next batch of Island Hopper IPA, our single-hopped IPA series, this time featuring Mosaic hops. $3 goblets all night!
Mosaic hops feature complex but clean flavor characteristics and are known for their triple-use profile encompassing bittering, flavor, and aroma. They have high alpha acids but low cohumulone which makes them pleasantly hoppy, carrying flavors of mango, pine, citrus and herbs and aromas of tropical and stone fruit.
- Thursday, May 16th Dreamchasers and Southern Range Dual Anniversary Party. Brawley’s Beverage. 5 pm-9 pm. It turns out that two of our breweries opened around the same time and have anniversary’s on the same weekend this year. So we thought we would celebrate twice! So on May 16th at Brawley’s Beverage stop by to wish these two breweries a happy birthday! We’ll have 4 beers on from each brewery. Rest assured we’ll have some special kegs from each brewery that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
Southern Range Brewing:
Now That’s What I Call Juice – Guava Hazy IPA
Pinky Ring Bling Hazy IPA
Peanut Butter Cookie Doh (the second keg ever first was at Brawley’s Black and Blue)
Yardbreather East Coast IPA
Cool Amber Lager
Hop Files #2 Hazy IPA
Coconut Yardbreather (tap room only batch)
- Thursday, May 16th. Haw River Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11 pm. Craft breweries should be about community, sustainability, giving back…. and oh yeah, great beer! Very few breweries live up to this standard to nearly the extent that our friends at Haw River Farmhouse Ales do, and we are proud to have the opportunity to showcase a few of the fantastic traditional(ish) brews that they’ve been serving up for years now! Don’t miss your chance to try some beers from one of the truly elite American farmhouse breweries that you may not have the opportunity to sample again anywhere else!
TAP LIST IN PROGRESS:
-Demitasse Espresso Belgian Singel
-JavaQue Coffee Cream Stout
-The Tasseography Project: RED Tea and Peppercorn Saison
-St. Benedict’s Breakfast Coffee and Oatmeal Dubbel
- Friday, May 17th. Sunshine Over Phuket Beer Release. The Unknown Brewing Company. 3 pm- 11pm. We’re bringing back a wonderful phuking collaboration beer with our friends at Revelry Brewing!
Picture yourself on the shores of a south pacific beach. No work, no problems, no phukets given. We brewed a Radler dry hopped with citrus forward hops and tons of ruby red grapefruits. This beer is easy drinking and relaxing at 4.0% ABV.
When life gives you lemons, go find a beach, add some grapefruit and phuket!
- Friday, May 17th. NoDajito Release. NoDa Brewing Company 2 pm-10 pm. It’s finally here, the day you’ve been waiting for… Join us on Friday, May 17th at 2 pm for the return of Charlotte’s 2019 Summer Beer. 👏🏻🍻
NoDajito is back! This Mojito inspired witbier not only holds the 2019 Summer Beer title by Charlotte Magazine but is also a Great American Beer Festival Gold Medal winner. It’s brewed with whole mint leaves and conditioned on lime juice — the quintessential ingredients for the perfect spring and summer brew!
- Saturday, May 18th. Mai Tai Day. Sycamore Brewing 12 pm-11 pm. Mai Tai IPA Can Release Party. Polynesian Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Killer Q Food Truck, Live Music by Below the Belt, Lil O’s Donuts, Sunshine and Good Times!
Dive in, and swim up to the bar! Inspired by the classic tiki cocktail, this IPA is READY TO PARTY!!
- Saturday, May 18th. A Berry Good Hefe. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. We juiced up our traditional German hefeweizen with blackberries and raspberries for a twist of tartness.
- Monday, May 20th. 2nd Annual Captain James Jack Colonial Beer Dinner. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 6 pm-9 pm. Tickets at shop.oldemeckbrew.comHosted by May 20th Society (Mec Dec)
Monday, May 20th 6-9pm
The May 20th Society and The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery invite you to the 2ND ANNUAL CAPTAIN JAMES JACK COLONIAL DINNER, featuring special guest speaker historical artist Dan Nance.
Join us for this four-course colonial themed dinner with each course being paired with a different beer from The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, including their Captain Jack Pilsner and Hornet’s Nest Hefeweizen.
Heirloom Tomatoes w/ shepherd’s cheese, honeydew, honeycomb vinaigrette
Paired w/ Captain Jack Pilsner
Pickled Short Rib
w/ purple potatoes, rotkhol, pea tendril
Paired w/ Copper Altbier
smoked sausage, smoked chicken, brown rice & quinoa, heirloom carrots
Paired w/ Hornet’s Nest Hefeweizen
Peaches & Cream
grilled peaches, beet buttercream, cornbread
Paired w/ Fat Boy Baltic Porter