Here are this week’s news and happenings in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, April 10th. Highland Brewing Barrel-Aged Cold Mountain Tapping. Duckworth’s Kitchen and Taphouse Park Rd, Charlotte. 6 pm-8 pm. Highland Brewing Barrel-Aged Imperial Cold Mountain Tapping!!
- Swag giveaways, beer samples and a special tapping of Highland Brewing Barrel-Aged Imperial Cold Mountain!!
- Highland brews on tap all month:
- Friday, April 12th. Beer Release: NoBoS Milkshake IPA. Blue Blazing Brewing. 4 pm-9 pm. Join us for a super small, taproom-only release of NoBoS Milkshake IPA. Heading Northbound, this 5.9% milkshake style IPA was brewed with lactose, oats, and galaxy hops producing a full, rich beer with citrus & passionfruit notes.
- Swing by the taproom from 4:00 – 9:00 for a pint!
- 5pm Food Truck- Bayou Betty
- NoBo is a slang term for northbound AT thru-hikers, and there A LOT of them!
- Friday, April 12th. Cheese & Cider Pairing. Red Clay Cider Works. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets $19 @ eventbrite.com. Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are joining forces to bring you a sensational night of cheese and cider pairings!
- Cider maker Jay Bradish and cheese expert Rachel Klebaur will be on hand to walk you through four different pairings, each with their own delectable panache.
- Seating for this event is limited and regularly sells out, so don’t wait to purchase your ticket!
- Ticket holders please check in at the bar upon arrival.
- Saturday, April 13th. 4th Annual Pints for Paws Charity. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery 12 pm-6 pm. Tickets free @ eventbrite.com. Pints for Paws Charlotte will benefit The Live.Wag.BARK! Foundation. The LWB Foundation is a private non-profit, charitable organization located in Charlotte, NC. The mission of the foundation is to educate pet owners on responsible pet ownership.
- There are many organizations around the world helping animals in need, but that does not solve the problem. The LWB Foundation partners with local animal rescues and shelters, city animal control and pet businesses to show pet owners how to build a bond with their pet, understand their behavior and give them the tools they need to help their pet live a long, happy and healthy life. Visit thelwbfoundation.org to find out more about how we accomplish our mission.
- The 4th Annual Pints for Paws Charlotte will include:
- Raffled prizes
- Pet Focused Giveaways
- Dog contests
- Local Business Vendor Fair
- Puppy Kissing Booth
- Dog Photobooth
- Silent Auction
- Dog Adoptions
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- 4150 Yancey Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28217
- The event will take place in the OMB Biergarten from 12-6p. The OMB Biergarten is a popular place for dogs and their owners to hang out while enjoying other socialized pups and local craft beer. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery was the first microbrewery in the Charlotte area. With 8 acres of space, the Biergarten is an ideal place for families to eat, friends to meet and pets to enjoy some downtime with their owners. On a busy Spring Saturday, this Biergarten is occupied by 2,000+ people with seating for over 1,500 at once.
- Vendor Registration is with open on January 10th, 2019. Early Bird Registration ends February 13th, but there are limited spaces! Registration at eventbrite.com
- Email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Sunday, April 14th. Spring Oyster Roast by Birdsong and Rappahannok! Birdsong Brewing Co. 1 pm-4 pm. Spring is upon us and we’re celebrating with an Oyster Roast! Our friends from Rocksalt Charlotte are bringing the oysters and the steamers down from Rappahannock River Oysters, LLC and Rocksalt Charlotte will be onsite serving up their delicious oysters! Buckets of steamed/roasted oysters will be $15 & RockSalt will be shucking raw oysters to order for $15 a dozen!
- We hope you can carve out a few hours from your busy schedules to relax with a few pints of delicious local beer and enjoy some super fresh oysters sold by the bucket! This event is family friendly, so all are encouraged to join!
- 4/14/19 1-4 PM.
- Monday & Tuesday, April 15th-16th. Founder’s Barrel-Aged KBS Tap Release. Hickory Tavern Ballantyne. 12 am. We’re tapping the highly anticipated Kentucky Breakfast Stout on April 15th! Founders Brewing Company describes KBS as an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. This beautifully aged limited release stout carries an 12.2% abv.
- Each Hickory Tavern in North Carolina will tap only one keg on April 15th and will sell an 8 oz pour for $8.00. Try your bourbon barrel-aged chocolate coffee stout while it’s available!
- To learn more about the limited release, watch the video here.