Here are this week’s news and happenings in the Charlot, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, March 13th. Blankets and Brews. Sycamore Brewing. 6:30 pm- 9:30 pm. Tickets at arworkshop.com. Let’s get cozy at one of our favorite local spots! Enjoy craft brews while crafting up your very own Chunky Knit Blanket at Sycamore Brewery.
- Wednesday, March 13th. 1775 Pale Ale. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. This week’s brew has been made in collaboration with Charlotte Independence, for its second annual return. This Pale Ale is coming in at 5.5% ABV, filled with El Dorado and Simcoe hops, giving you a piney and citrusy taste. A great sipper for the Spring weather! Not to mention, just in time for Charlotte Independence’s first home game of the season on Friday, March 15th!
- Thursday, March 14th. Pink Robots Release: Raspberry & Blackberry Kettle Sour. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm-11 pm. Coming back by VERY popular demand, we have a release date for Pink Robots Blackberry/Raspberry Kettle Sour! Hope you can join us for the release on Thursday, March 14th, 2019!
Brewed with raspberry and blackberry, our kettle-soured ale is bright, tangy and deliciously fruity. Upfront berry aromatics and a lingering tartness come together for an easy-drinking experience. It won’t take long to see why it’s a fan and staff favorite. Even Yoshimi would agree—Pink Robots can’t be beaten!
We will be releasing this beer on draft & in CANS at 3pm! Cheers!
- Thursday, March 14th. Irish Coffee (Beer) Celebration. Carolina Beer Temple Charlotte. 12 pm-11:30 pm. Free tickets at eventbrite.com. The only right way to get ready for St. Paddy’s Day is with Irish Coffee. No, not that one, with the whiskey. The other one! We mean coffee beers from across the Carolinas! So come on out and try local favorites like Wooden Robot’s Good Morning Vietnam or special treats like Blue Blaze Brewing’s Bantu Gluten-Free Coffee Brown. What better way to feel Irish for a day, and get ready for the biggest day in beer?
TAP LIST IN PROGRESS:
-Amor Artis Sospeso Coffee Blonde
-Blue Blaze Bantu Gluten-Free Coffee Brown
-Catawba Evening Joe Coffee Blonde
-Wooden Robot Beast Foot Espresso Stout
- Friday, March 15th. Triple C Chocolate Covered Pretzel Flight Night. Flying Saucer Charlotte. 6 pm-2 am. Serving variations of Triple C Chocolate Covered Stouts including
Paired with Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Friday, March 15th Pilot Brewing & Cabot Cheese Paring Fundraiser. Pilot Brewing. 5 pm-9 pm. Beer and cheese are a match made in gastronomic heaven.
Join us for a beer and cheese pairing with Cabot, a co-operative of farm families, benefitting the Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love, our March Charity of the Month. Come on out to learn more about their amazing organization and get to meet some of their Great Danes!
We will be hosting a Raffle benefiting Ruff Love. Raffle Prizes include Beer Gift Baskets from Cabot Cheese and Pilot Brewing swag and beer. There are a number of ways to earn raffle tickets!
1. Order an item from the food truck!
2. Purchase them! 2 for $5 or 5 for $10
3. Donate an item from Ruff Love’s Wish List:
4. Participate in the Cheese Tasting for $10
* All proceeds from ticket sales are donated to Ruff Love
Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love is Pilot Brewing’s Charity of the Month for March. All month long, $1 of every Crowler to-go beer sale will be donated to the non-profit.
Bad Mother Smokers food truck will also be on-site slinging their delicious BBQ from 5PM – close.
About Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love –
Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love was born in 2009 to meet a major need in the world of rescue: the emphasis of quality of rescues instead of just quantity. We believe that our handling of each case should be top quality, even at the expense of time or money, so that in the long run we are able to make a larger dent in the number of dogs we successfully save. This translates into happier dogs and adopters. We have rescued over 720 dogs! We are an extension of Ruff Love Rescue, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Thomasville, NC.
- Saturday, March 16th. Beer Release *Fashionably Late* Hazy IPA. The Unknown Brewing Company. 12 pm-3 pm. Come Join us this Saturday at noon as we release Fashionably late. this Hazy IPA was brewed with tons of citrus hops and a has a smooth creamy mouthfeel. only 25 cases made (No Distro). Yes, its a long time coming for us to join the haze craze but we’ve never been good about paying attention to current trends. If you’re going to live without boundaries, Might as well be Fashionably Late!
- Saturday & Sunday, March 16th-17th. St. Patrick’s Day in LoSo 2019. The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. Charlotte’s most diverse selection of locally produced beverages is the destination for a good time on St. Paddy… Lower Southend & OMB are ready for green attire, festive music and lots of delicious food and drink on March 16th & 17th!
If you’d like to join a LoSo Bar Crawl on Saturday, visit CrossFit Mecklenburg’s Facebook page. OMB is a stop on the crawl and will be celebrating the holiday all weekend long! We especially invite y’all to join us on Sunday for a laid-back St. Pat’s after your Saturday shenanigans.
At OMB, relax under the trees in our Biergarten with our spring seasonal: Früh Bock. Früh Bock captures the promise of warmer days ahead, combining a slight malty sweetness with a refreshing touch of citrus aroma from its noble Bavarian hops. Your year-round favorites will also be on tap including Copper Altbier, Captain Jack Pilsner, Hornet’s Nest Hefeweizen & Fat Boy Baltic Porter. Don’t forget – our 1 Liter steins will be available!
Festive food specials:
(6oz Angus Beef & Brisket Patty, All-Natural Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, Many Islands Dressing, Irish Mustard, Pretzel Bun), Choice of Side Item
-Our Bangers & Mash-
Sliced Bratwursts, Colcannon – (Mashed Potatoes, Cabbage, Onion, Bacon), Charred Brussel Sprouts, OMB Copper Gravy
We’ll also have live music on Saturday & Sunday.
This is a free event. Under 21 are welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten.
- Sunday, March 17th. Black & Blue X Hangover Party. Wooden Robot Brewery. 10:30 am-9 pm. This Sunday, March 17th, celebrate your Annual Brawley’s Beverage Black & Blue Hangover and St. Paddy’s Day at the Bot. In honor of the 10th year of the festival, we will be pouring local #NCbeer from our friends at Fonta Flora Brewery High Branch Brewing Co. Eurisko Beer Company & Zillicoah Beer Company as well as some of our specialty beers from the cellar. Official beer line-up will be announced soon, stay tuned!
Twisted Eats by Kre8 will have an exclusive Hangover Brunch menu all day long!
Treat your 10th Annual Black & Blue Hangover with respect and come have a drink with us!
*All are welcome; not exclusive to festival-goers
Tuesday, March 19th. NoDable Release: Danksta IPA. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Each month, we release several brand new brews as part of our “NoDable” Series on Fridays. This week’s brew is our Danksta IPA sitting at 4.9% ABV. This Danky IPA is brewed with Ariana hops and dry hopped with Ariana and Citra hop oil, providing us with the perfect combination of citrusy and fruity flavors.