Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, January 3rd. Founders Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com Founders has become one of the most recognized craft breweries in the US, and it is easy to see why. Nearly every beer, regardless of style, that they brew is among the best on the market. As such, we are excited to host them for an evening, to give our customers a chance to sample some of the fantastic beer that they are turning out. What better way to give up your New Year’s resolution than to do it with great beer, and even better company, right here at the Temple
-Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS)
-Backwoods Bastard Scotch Ale
-Trigo Hoppy Wheat Lager
-All Day IPA
- Saturday, January 5th. Lenny Boy Q and Brew. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-11 pm. Q & Brew is a monthly event at the Lenny Boy Taproom. The first Saturday of every month we have Live Music, New beer and kombucha releases, and fun vendors on-site. And of course, local BBQ smoked on-site 🍻
Saturday, Jan 5th
Free live music from 3 – 6pm with The Lazy Birds 🎸
The Hunter’s Wife will be smoking up some amazing BBQ all-day.
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Mac and Cheese
Southern Braised Collard Greens
- Saturday, January 5th, BIGGEST BADDEST BAPTIST. Carolina Beer Temple. 12 pm-11:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Our customers loved Epic’s Big Bad Baptist. They really loved Epic’s Big Bad Baptista. They went absolutely nuts for Epic’s Quad Barrel Baptist. We might have to lock the doors if they find out that we will be tapping all three in the same night.
That’s right, for one night only we will be tapping all three of this year’s Baptist variants at the same time! What better way to kick off the new year than with one of the most acclaimed and sought-after beer series of 2018.
It will truly be… wait for it… Epic
- Monday, January 7th. BeerSavvy Boot Camp. 12 pm-4 pm. Sugar Creek Brewing. Tickets at ciceron.org. Boost your beer IQ and prepare for the Certified Beer Server exam with this fun, and interactive class put on by the Cicerone® Certification Program—the leaders in beer service certification and training.
BeerSavvy BootcampDuring this class you will:
• Learn the difference between taste and flavor
• Taste different types of malt
• Smell hops from the US and Europe
• Taste and study six foundational beer styles
• Experience the spectrum of flavors found in beer
• Understand the common variations that occur in beer styles
• See how other styles relate to the core six
• Learn how to talk about the flavor of beer with customers
• Participate in creating flavor descriptions for six classic beers
• Review proper beer service for bottles and draft
• Learn how to spot a dirty beer glass from across the room
Participants also receive a short book of readings and resources to help them prepare for the Certified Beer Server exam. Combined with the class, this book will prepare individuals to take the exam and join the ranks of more than 100,000 beer professionals who have achieved this certification. (Note: the cost of the class does not include the exam.)
- Monday, January 7th. Beer Education – Off Flavor Class. Pilot Brewing. 4:45 pm-7:45 pm. Taste the flaws in beer when proper care is not taken, learn how they form and how to control them in your fermentation. Join our Advanced Cicerone®, Jen Blair, as she guides you through a set of four off-flavors commonly found in beer.
$20/TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT IN ADVANCED BY CONTACTING RACHAEL AT RACHAEL@PILOTBREWING.US.
LIMITED SEATING IS AVAILABLE – Ticket will be sold day of the event, for the same price, if any room is available.
- Tuesday, January 8th. Stout Week. Bold Missy Brewery. 10 pm. We don’t know about you, but here at the Bold Missy Brewery, we LOVE stouts – especially during the colder months! We’ve selected eight awesome NC breweries to showcase during our first ever Stout Week!
Each day during the week, we will put two of these very special beers on tap. If by chance they don’t kick on their assigned day, any remaining beers will be available on Saturday the 12th. So, what we’re basically saying is that if you see something you want, you better come to try it when you can!