Here are this week’s news and events in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, December 26th. Twas the Day After Christmas. Blue Blaze Brewing. 2 pm -9 pm. Twas’ the Day after Christmas & Santa’s Elves needed beer … they pulled on their stockings & headed out with cheer!
They knew where to go – for they were Blue Blaze bound … with $10.00 pitchers they could each buy a round!
The Elves enjoyed s’mores by the fire & live music inside …. sampling some of the best beers they’ve ever tried!
At the end of the night, the Elves parted ways … with ‘hoppy holidays to all, & to all a great day’!
From 2:30 – 5:30, enjoy live music by the talented violinist, Sandy Herrault. Enjoy authentic European style dishes from Strudelteig Food Truck. Wine, local craft cider, and non-alcoholic options are available.
Your favorite Blue Blaze New England style hazy, SoBo Orangerine Hazy IPA, is back and in only a couple of sixtels! All naturally made from only water, yeast, malt, hops, and oranges. If our employee Christmas party is any judge, it won’t last long 😋
We’ll also be offering beermosas in flutes or tulips made with this beer, only on the 22nd and 26th during our events those days.
Our second annual, “Don’t Hate It, Donate It” drive starts today! If you’ve found yourself with unwanted gifts or items you’d like to donate, bring them to Blue Blaze! We are collecting everything from new to gently used apparel, outdoor gear, recreational items, toys, kitchen appliances, and more! All donated items will go to The Salvation Army of Greater Charlotte. The drive will run from December 26th – January 13th.
If you have large items you’d like to donate but are unable to transport, schedule a pickup by visiting: https://satruck.org/Donate/choose.
- Thursday, December 27th. Hop Wallop Release Party. Brewers at 4001 Yancey. 6 pm-8 pm. The legendary Hop Wallop is BACK!
Join us for the release party, with a tapping at 6 p.m. and we have a great event planned with music, samplings, giveaways and more!
- Saturday, December 29th. Apple Pie Barleywine Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 12 pm-11 am. On December 29th we will unveil the biggest beer yet to emerge from our Barrel Program – BA #4 Apple Pie Barleywine. This delicious beer is an Apple Pie lovers dream come true! Aged for 32 months in bourbon barrels, it features additions of Carolina apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar and weighs a hefty 12% ABV.
AVAILABLE IN TASTING ROOMS ONLY.
- Sunday, December 30th. Brunch and Brews. Legion Brewing. 12 pm-2 pm. Join us every Sunday morning for a Farmers First Coffee Company cold brew or a Carolina Sparkle Party Beermosa during Brunch and Brews!
Southwest Breakfast Burrito
Chorizo, egg, cheddar, homemade salsa, jalapeno, and avocado. Enjoy it in a spinach wrap OR on a bed of smoked cheddar grits!
Lox and Loaded*
Smoked salmon, cucumber, onion, fresh dill and cream cheese on a Nova*s bagel.
Breakfast Sliders (3)
Bacon, egg, cheddar, tomato and black pepper aioli on soft slider buns.
Mixed Berry Parfait
Greek yogurt, mixed berries, homemade honey almond granola.
Seasonal Belgian Waffle
Flavors change with our seasonal beer line up- check our social media for updates!
Side Of Smoked Cheese Grits
- Monday, December 31st. Sycamore Brewing. 4 pm-12:15 pm. Join us for a Super-Casual New Year’s Eve at Sycamore! Ring in 2019 with Special Beer Releases, Live Music and absolutely no dress code!
- Monday, December 31st. Lenny Boy New Years Eve Party. 3 pm-2 am. Let’s ring in another New Year with a kickass party at Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 💃 🍻 🎸
We will be open from 3pm – 2am with New Beer and New Kombucha releases to enjoy all day 🍻
– Live music with Crystal Fountains from 5 – 8pm
– Live music with Aarodynamics from 10pm – 2am [get ready to DANCE]
– Champagne Bar 9pm – 2am
– Huge balloon drop at Midnight 🎈
– Photo booth 📸
– Beer Pitcher and Champagne specials
– The Hunter’s Wife from 5 – 10pm
– Wild Dog Hot Dogs from 10pm – 2am
NO COVER and NO DRESS CODE – grab your friends and come ring in the New Year… Lenny Boy style 🎉
- Tuesday, January 1st. New Year’s Day Brunch! Sycamore Brewing. 11 am-2 pm. Come hang out with us on New Year’s Day. We open at 11am with brunch by Bun Appetit and some hair of the dog (just in case that’s what you need). Besides, don’t New Year’s Resolutions usually start on the 2nd anyway?!
- Tuesday, January 1st. New Year’s Day Party & Glowed Up Brut IPA Release! 10 am-8 pm. Join us for our 4th annual New Year’s DAY Party!! The party starts at 10am and lasts until your hangover is officially cured! We’re also excited to release our brand new Brut IPA, Glowed Up!
We’ll stock the bagel bar with fresh bagels and an assortment of cream cheeses from Owen’s Bagel and Deli and we’ll be providing locally roasted coffee from Central Coffee Co.! The coffee and bagels will be on us (for as long as they last) and we’ll be accepting donations for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina if you feel so inclined! We will also be donating a portion of bar sales to this awesome, local community organization!
We’re spicing it up w/ Jalapeño Pale Ale Bloody Beers, Fun Beer-Mosas, and of course, our new Brut IPA called Glowed Up! Draft and 4 packs of cans of Glowed Up will go on sale at 10a! Hope you can join!