Here are this week’s beer news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Thursday, December 13th. New Beer Thursday: Winter Warmer Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm- 10 pm. Just as this name implies, this beer will warm you up with one sip!
- Friday, December 14th. Weihnachtsmarkt. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 4 pm-9 pm. OMB is the place to gather with friends, drink fresh beer, shop for gifts and celebrate the holiday season!
Friday, November 30th is going to be one festive day at OMB with the release of Yule Bock, a visit from Santa Claus and the launch of Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market). Weihnachtsmarkt will then continue for the first three Friday/Saturdays in December. Now in its 7th year, Weihnachtsmarkt is a Charlotte holiday tradition full of joy and community.
This year, we’ll have over 45 vendors each weekend – our largest market ever! Some vendors will be in traditional wooden huts, but all will be decorated to the max and full of local crafts and baked goods. Like the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg, Germany, OMB’s Weihnachtsmarkt will also have fresh beer on tap (including our winter seasonal brews Dunkel & Yule Bock) and Gluhwein (pron. “Gloo-vine”), a mulled red wine served hot and fresh.
Look for our full list of vendors in the Discussion tab. See our other event pages for more details on Yule Bock & Santa. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost!
- Friday. December 14th, Cheese & Cider Paring. Red Clay Cider Works. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are joining forces to bring you a sensational night of cheese and cider pairings!
Cider maker Jay Bradish and cheese expert Rachel Klebaur will be on hand to walk you through four different pairings, each with their own delectable panache.
Seating for this event is limited, so don’t wait to purchase your ticket!
Ticket holders please check in at the bar upon arrival.
- Saturday. December 15th. Weihnachtsmarkt. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 2 pm- 9 pm.
- Saturday, December 15th, Double Fudge Brownie Imperial Stout Release. 12 pm-11 pm. Sycamore Brewing. Rich chocolate fudge! We loaded this massive stout with hundreds of pounds of decadent Belgian Chocolate!
- Saturday, December 15th. Monstro Bottle Release. 11 am-10 pm. NoDa Brewing Company. Neptune said to the sea there should be a terrible Monstro, born from its deepest depths. It should be stout with the strength of a whale. This is that beer… of toasted barley mass, rounded out by vanillas, molasses, and oak of bourbon barrel aging. Enjoy the deep.
Join us as we release a VERY LIMITED amount of this gigantic beer in its original bottle form. Because it will be so limited, be sure to get here early and then hang out for grub from TIN Kitchen and a free tour at 4 pm!
- Tuesday, December 18th. NoDable Release: Kwagalana African Lager. 4 pm-9 pm. NoDa Brewing Company. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week’s brew is our Unfiltered Lager inspired by popular beer trends in southern Africa. It’s a clean and refreshing lager base with flaked corn to increase a clean mouthfeel. Spiced with wildflower honey and ginger, this beer will have you feeling so fresh and so clean!
Plus, $1 of every beer will be donated to the Henry Kalungi Foundation! Kwagalana means “love one another,” and by buying this beer you’ll be doing just that in support of this amazing charity.
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!