Here are this week’s New and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Wednesday, December 5th. Red Clay Rosé Can Release. Red Clay Cider Works. 4 pm-10 pm. Come and get your Red Clay Rosé all day… every day! We’re happy to announce that our Rosé will now be available in cans year-round!
- Wednesday, December 5th. Lagunitas Takes Over BJs NoDa. Billy Jacks Shack NoDa. 5 pm-10 pm. Come and join us as Lagunitas takes over BJs!
- Thursday, December 6th. New Brew Thursday Mole Porter. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Mmmhmmm. Yes, you read correctly! Mole + Porter = Spicy Deliciousness.
- Thursday, December 6th. International Spotlight. Carolina Beer Temple. 12:30 pm-11:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. The USA is a wonderful country, filled with incredible beer. However, every IPA, Pilsner, Gose, or Imperial Stout made in the good ol’ USA was built on the foundation of the incredible beers of Belgium, Germany, England, and many other countries, all with their own rich brewing traditions. In a sense, these international brews were really the first true “Craft Beers,” and in that spirit, we will be showcasing some of our favorite beers from across the world!
FROM SCOTLAND: Orkney Brewing Skullsplitter FROM THE NETHERLANDS: La Trappe Dubbel FROM GERMANY: Hofstetten Granit Bock FROM NEW ZEALAND: Moa Breakfast Ale Plus all of our usual fantastic Belgian and American beers on draft!
- Friday, December 7th. Weihnachtsmark. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 4 pm-9 pm. OMB is the place to gather with friends, drink fresh beer, shop for gifts and celebrate the holiday season!
- Friday, November 30th is going to be one festive day at OMB with the release of Yule Bock, a visit from Santa Claus and the launch of Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market). Weihnachtsmarkt will then continue for the first three Friday/Saturdays in December. Now in its 7th year, Weihnachtsmarkt is a Charlotte holiday tradition full of joy and community. This year, we’ll have over 45 vendors each weekend – our largest market ever! Some vendors will be in traditional wooden huts, but all will be decorated to the max and full of local crafts and baked goods. Like the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg, Germany, OMB’s Weihnachtsmarkt will also have fresh beer on tap (including our winter seasonal brews Dunkel & Yule Bock) and Gluhwein (pron. “Gloo-vine”), a mulled red wine served hot and fresh. Look for our full list of vendors in the Discussion tab. See our other event pages for more details on Yule Bock & Santa. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost!
- Saturday, December 8th. Bourbon Up All Night Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Bourbon Barrel Aged Up All Night Breakfast Porter returns on draft and in 22 oz bombers! Most of this batch of 10% Breakfast Porter was aged in Heaven Hills Bourbon Barrels. We also have a couple Apple Brandy Barrels filled and will have draft and bottles of both! We also have one Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel that will be on tap and available in crowlers ($25 limit 1) while supplies last! Bourbon Barrel Aged Up All Night bombers are $14 each with a case (12-ounce bottle) Limit. Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Up All Night bombers are $16 each with a 4 bottle limit per person. We suggest getting an Up All Night Flight! New Wrap Order Food Truck on site. Taylor Winchester will be jamming in the taproom from 5-8.
- Saturday, December 8th. Weihnachtsmark. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 2 pm -9 pm.
- Sunday, December 9th. Brunch and Brews Legion Brewing. 10 am-2 pm. Join us every Sunday morning for a Farmers First Coffee Company cold brew or a Carolina Sparkle Party Beermosa during Brunch and Brews! Southwest Breakfast Burrito
Chorizo, egg, cheddar, homemade salsa, jalapeno, and avocado. Enjoy it in a spinach wrap OR on a bed of smoked cheddar grits! Lox and Loaded*
Smoked salmon, cucumber, onion, fresh dill and cream cheese on a Nova*s bagel. Breakfast Sliders (3)
Bacon, egg, cheddar, tomato and black pepper aioli on soft slider buns. Mixed Berry Parfait
Greek yogurt, mixed berries, homemade honey almond granola. Seasonal Belgian Waffle
Flavors change with our seasonal beer line up- check our social media for updates! Side Of Smoked Cheese Grits.
- Tuesday, December 11th. NoDable Release: Winter Warmer. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week’s brew is our Winter Warmer, a malty American Red Ale brewed with holiday spice and everything nice. You’ll taste notes of Ginger, Cinnamon sticks, Nutmeg and Vanilla. It’s sure to keep you warm at home or in the tap room. While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!