Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, November 28th. Plumdinger Smoked Plum Porter Release. Thirsty Nomad Brewing. 4 pm-9 pm. Sometimes for charity auctions, we give away “brew a beer with the Nomad” as an offering. This time around, we worked with Quentin and Erin Cash and came up with the idea to brew this subtly smokey, plummy and altogether excellent porter! Come out on Wednesday 11/28 to try it out. One keg only and once it’s gone, it’s gone.
- Thursday, November 29th. BK -> CLT: Sixpoint Brewing Queen City Launch. 6 pm-8 pm. Brooklyn is Taking Over Charlotte! At least for a night…
Join us as we welcome our sister brand Sixpoint Brewery to the Queen City!
We have an AWESOME Brooklyn-inspired night planned with DJ, pizza, cool swag and of course a lot of Sixpoint beers.
Stay tuned for more info.
UNTAPPD BADGE INFO: The first 50 to check in and show your badge to your server/bartender will earn a limited edition Sixpoint t-shirt, designed specifically for the event.
- Thursday, November 29th. New Beer Thursday, Belgian Quad Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. Sweet, strong and delicious.
- Friday, November 30th, Saturday, December 1st. Weihanchtsmarkt. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 4 pm-9 pm & 2 pm-9 pm. OMB is the place to gather with friends, drink fresh beer, shop for gifts and celebrate the holiday season!
Friday, November 30th is going to be one festive day at OMB with the release of Yule Bock, a visit from Santa Claus and the launch of Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market). Weihnachtsmarkt will then continue for the first three Friday/Saturdays in December. Now in its 7th year, Weihnachtsmarkt is a Charlotte holiday tradition full of joy and community.
This year, we’ll have over 45 vendors each weekend – our largest market ever! Some vendors will be in traditional wooden huts, but all will be decorated to the max and full of local crafts and baked goods. Like the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg, Germany, OMB’s Weihnachtsmarkt will also have fresh beer on tap (including our winter seasonal brews Dunkel & Yule Bock) and Gluhwein (pron. “Gloo-vine”), a mulled red wine served hot and fresh.
Look for our full list of vendors in the Discussion tab. See our other event pages for more details on Yule Bock & Santa. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost!
- Friday, November 30th. Yule Bock Release. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. Friday, November 30th is going to be one festive day at OMB with the release of Yule Bock, a visit from Santa Claus and the launch of Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market).
Yule Bock usually sells out before the end of Weihnachtsmarkt, so drink it while you can! This holiday delight is an authentic “Weihnachtsbock” (Christmas Bock), which is a really fantastic traditional German holiday beer style. Premium European barley malts and noble hops give this bock lager its rich crimson color and smooth malty character. The perfect beer for when the weather turns cold and spirits turn warm. If you’re looking to add some happy to your holidays, well, you’re looking at it: Yule Bock.
Like all OMB beers, Yule Bock is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.” In line with Reinheitsgebot, it was brewed using natural carbonation from the pure CO2 produced by the yeast during fermentation. We pull our brews from our lager tanks weekly, so you know it’s fresh. And, it was kept cold from production to delivery to you, because all beer should be kept cold to maximize freshness. We hope you enjoy this pure, fresh, cold beer.
See our other event pages for more details on Santa & Weihnachtsmarkt. Under 21 is welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten. Thanks & Prost!
- Saturday, December 1st. Lenny Boy Q and Brew. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-11pm. Q & Brew is a monthly event at the Lenny Boy Taproom. The first Saturday of every month we have Live Music, New beer and kombucha releases, and fun vendors on-site. And of course, local BBQ smoked on-site 🍻
Saturday, Dec 1st
Free live music from 3 – 6pm with Joh Linker 🎸
New Beverage Release::
Just Peachy – a Peach Berliner Weisse
The Hunter’s Wife will be smoking up some amazing BBQ all-day.
- Tuesday, December 3rd. NoDable Release: Merry Funking Christmas. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week’s brew is a blend of our Welcome to the Farmhouse and Berliner-wiesse. The lactobacillus and Brett make for a tart and funky flavors that will help get you in the Holiday spirit!
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!
- Tuesday, December 4th. Breakfast for Dinner With Bell’s Brewery! Queen City Craft and Gourmet. 4 pm-8 pm. Our first beer dinner is finally here! We are going to be warming up with breakfast for dinner and some amazing brews from Bell’s Brewery. Your ticket to this event gets you five breakfast-inspired courses from Chef Jon and five beers to pair with them.
Course one: Eggs Benedict with Smoked Ham and Bell’s Two Hearted Hollandaise paired with Two Hearted Ale
Course two: French Toast with Cherry Compote and Candied Pecans paired with The Wild One
Course three: Sweet Potato Hash with Country Ham paired with Christmas Ale
Course four: Biscuit Bread Pudding with Sharp Cheddar and Bacon paired with Larry’s Latest Quad
Course five: Coffee Cake with an Arabicadabra Reduction paired with Arabicadabra
Reserve your spot now! Tickets are available by calling the restaurant at (980) 339-5610. $50 per person.