Here are this week’s news and event happening in around the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, September 26th. Wicked Weed and Blackfinn Tasting. 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Blackfinn Ameripub. Tickets at eventbrite.com ($20). Wicked Weed and Blackfinn join together to provide a relaxed atmosphere upstairs for guests to enjoy a curated food/beer menu. Tickets are $20 and include a welcome toast along with four small plate food stations paired with exclusive beers from Wicked Weed to enjoy at your own pace. This event is great for groups & team building – group pricing is available!
- Wednesday, September 26th. September After Hours. Sycamore Brewing. 5:30 pm-7:30 pm Tickets at businessleadersofchartlotte.com. Please join your Friends from the Business Leaders of Charlotte (BLOC) on September 26th for Charlotte’s premiere networking event for Professionals. Everyone is welcome to attend this event and we encourage you all to bring a guest. Bring plenty of business cards! This is a stop on the 2018 BLOC Brewery Tour, so come prepared to network and make some great connections!
- Thursday, September 27th. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Sampling. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Ballantyne. 6 pm-8 pm. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Sampling – Oktoberfest, Kellerweis & Pale Ale on draft! We will have a rep on hand for sampling and giveaways like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Mugs.
Best of all, we’re celebrating Sierra Nevada with $4 Oktoberfest and a Text 2 Win contest for two tickets to Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest in Mills River!
- Thursday, September 27th. Yeast Expected: A Beer and Pizza Pairing Dinner. Mama Ricotta’s. 6 pm-8 pm. Tickets via Eventbrite.com. Join Mama Ricotta’s and NoDa Brewing Company as they bring you your two favorite gluten-filled foods: beer and pizza. The four-course dinner will include a different style of pizza and new beer per course. Meet the chef and brewer, and take the opportunity to ask them questions about the beer and pizza-making process. If you agree there’s not much better than putting beer and pizza together, you’re right. Tickets aren’t like pizza slices, no one will ask you before getting the last one, so purchase today.
- Friday, September 28th. Teleporter Can Release. The Unknown Brewing Company. 5 pm-11 pm. TELEPORTER is back IN CANS Friday, September 28th in the taproom! Tele-Porter is a 7.2% robust porter with rich grain bill and dark malts that we brew with cocoa nibs from French Broad Chocolates, milk sugar and aromatic coffee roasted by our friends at Enderly Coffee Company. These ingredients give this beer a wonderful nose of coffee and chocolate, a creamy tan head, and rich mocha taste.
- Friday, September 28th. Raspberry Stout Release. NoDo Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Join us for the release of a new raspberry Stout on draft! This deliciously chocolaty/raspberry 7% ABV brew is just what you need to ease you into the cooler weather this fall. As always, TIN Kitchen will be here serving up tasty grub, there will be a free 6 pm tour, and live music will begin at 7 pm!
- Saturday, September 29th. LUCKy Camper Session IPA Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. We brewed this session IPA for a private event with Camp LUCK but made enough to share in our taproom too! Added bonus $1 from each pint sold benefits their mission to encourage, comfort and empower those affected by congenital heart disease and to provide a healthy, worry-free (medically supervised) camp environment focused on nurturing the development of Lucky Unlimited Cardiac Kids.
New Wrap Order will be on sight and we have live music from The Dan Staton Band from 5-8!
- Saturday, September 29th. GIANT Release. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-11 pm. We got together with our amazing friends at Carolina Bauernhaus Ales to bring you, Giant. Giant is a loveable 3.5% a.b.v. “small bier,” born 100% from the Piedmont of the Carolinas. We used our Lenny Boy Brewing Co. house wild cultures along with Riverbend Malt House barley, locally grown wheat, and 2lbs of Carolina Bauernhaus Ales homegrown, freshly-dried, Cascade hops to bring you this specialty brew. Don’t be fooled by Giant’s small stature though; like the late Carolina Bauernhaus Ales canine mascot for whom this beer is named, Giant is small and smooth to the touch, but watch out… He’s bitter and a bit tart, and just may bite. All collaborations at Carolina Bauernhaus and Lenny Boy are a welcomed exchange of culture, both figuratively and literally. Sharing brewing philosophy with the like-minded, hyper-local-inspired breweries that inspire us is what collaboration is all about.
This is a small batch collab – come out and try Giant while it lasts.
- Monday, October 1st. Tap Takeover by OMB. Brass Tap South End. 11 am-10 pm.
- Tuesday, October 2nd. Urban Hop Project Fresh Hop IPA Release! Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. We had our largest harvest to date at 33.4 lbs, but we scaled volume way down to get as much hop flavor as possible!!! All 33.4 lbs of Cascade hops went into the Whirlpool producing an amazing melon, cantaloupe, hoppy dankness. Dry hopped with our second smaller brewery grown Cascade Harvest. This beer is a truly unique ode to North Carolina with 100% brewery grown Cascade Hops and NC Grown Riverbend Malt House Malts.
Draft and 32oz crowlers will be for sale. Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered.