Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, September 5th. Illusion of Time – Pilot Batch Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. This golden ale was soured in a barrel with a mixed culture that produced a complex, slightly funky acidity. Passionfruit added some tropical fruity flavors and some additional tartness, resulting in a crisp, dry beer that packs a significant fruity pucker.
Snifters and Crowlers! Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered.
- Wednesday, September 5th. Layover Lager Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. In anticipation of our soon-to-be CLT Douglas Airport taproom, we’re thrilled to release a new beer in honor of our partnership. Coming first to our taproom and soon to Concourse, A Expansion (and eventually to the rest of #CLT) is Layover Layer.
This quintessential American light #Lager was brewed with flaked rice and imported German malts to accentuate its drinkability. The filtered nature of this brew is unlike most craft Lagers on the market, making it an instant favorite for the classic beer drinker.
Stay tuned for the unveiling of the design!
- Thursday, September 6th. Brewer’s Dinner with Lenny Boy & Hyde Brewing. The Suffolk Punch. 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets $65.00 at eventbrite.com. Join The Suffolk Punch, Hyde Brewing, and Lenny Boy Brewing Co. for our 1st Beer Dinner! Enjoy a 6 course meal paired with beverages provided by Hyde Brewing and Lenny Boy Brewing Co. Your $65 ticket includes dinner, beer & kombucha, the opportunity to interact with brewers, and a special surprise! Tickets are limited, so reserve your seat at the table today!
- Friday, September 7th. Hot Pistol Stout Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. Ever since Hot Pistol came to us through the NCBeerGuys’ competition-winning recipe in 2013, you’ve been asking us to can it. As we celebrate five delicious years with our chocolate, raspberry and habanero Stout, we’re going to do exactly that! Join us in the tap room to grab pints and cans, and some TIN Kitchen while you’re here.
- Friday, September 7th. Burial Beer Tap Take Over. Pintville Craft Beer. 7 pm-11 pm. We are bringing Asheville to Pineville with an incredible night filled with Burial’s distinctive beer. Stay tuned for a preview of our selection for the evening! Featuring Lenny’s Press Box Food Truck.
- Saturday, September 8th. Mr. Vegue and Cousins Maine Lobster at Sweet Union. Sweet union Brewing. 7 pm-10 pm. Join us the evening of Saturday, September 8th for some glorious music for the ear bones by Mr. Vague! Cousins Maine Lobster will be serving up their famous, delicious lobster foods from 5:30-9 PM!
- Saturday, September 8th. Orange Beersicle Blonde Ale Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Back by popular demand and scaled up to the 7bbl brewhouse from the pilot system. Our blonde ale with vanilla, lactose and orange should last a little longer this time!
Draft and 32oz crowlers will be for sale. New Wrap Order food truck will be in the house and Downtown Abby playing live outside from 5-8.
- Sunday, September 9th. Shop Drop ‘N Roll Market. NoDa Brewing Company. 12 pm-6 pm. We’re so thrilled for the second date of our maker’s market, Shop Drop ‘N Roll. This seasonal market will be full of fun and focused on all things CRAFT! While you sip on tasty craft brews, you’ll be able to peruse incredible hand-crafted goods. In partnership with Crowned Sparrow Craft Co. we’ll be hosting the best artisans our city, and surrounding area, has to offer! Not only will we have goodies and giveaways, but we’ll also be donating a portion of proceeds to a local charity.
Check out our vendor line up!
Crowned Sparrow Craft Co.
Spicin’ & Dicin’
Originate Handcrafted Jewelry
Purple Girl Designs by Amber
Ai to You
Paintings & Things by Carla
Worthy + BA
Mooky Pooky and Muffin
The Handcrafted Kitchen
Jannelli Design studio
Creative Art Company
Rise Over Run
Toushea Body Boutique
Pearl and Mint Boutique
Curly’s Crafts & Commodities
- Sunday, September 8th. High Branch Brewing Beer Dinner. The Cellar at Duckworth’s. 1 pm-4 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Join us for a delicious 5 course dinner featuring High Branch Brewing Co. from Concord, NC! We’re eager to pair High Branch’s Belgian inspired and hop forward ales with a menu designed by Chef Fred Quinones influenced by their beers. Tickets are Pre-Sale only and very limited !
First- Artisan Baby Green Salad
Guava weisse vinaigrette, super grain couscous, caramelized carrots, currants
Poke – Barrel Aged Berliner Weisse with Mango and Passion Fruit
Second- Arepas with Farmers Cheese
IPA cured salmon, burnt avocado, chipotle crema
Diamond Ring – Double IPA
Third- Lobster & Herb Dumpling
Yuzu goat cheese, miso parmigiano, spiced lamb
Pounder – Pale Ale
Fourth- Crispy Mallard Duck Breast
Chive mustard fingerling potato, blackberry gastrique, pea tendrils
Have a Sit – Imperial Stout with Chocolate, Marshmallow, Graham, and Vanilla
Fifth- Brioche Soak in Chocolate
Elderflower strawberries, toffee caramel, cap’n crunch
Strawberry Hill – Mixed Culture Saison with Local Strawberries and Roselle Hibiscus
*beer and food menu are subject to change.
Purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/high-branch-brewing-beer-dinner-tickets-48883253126?aff=efbeventtix
- Tuesday, September 11th. NoDable Release: Oatmeal Raisin Belgian Dubel. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday. This week we’re releasing one of our favorite charity partnership beers of the year! In honor of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, we’re brewing up a delicious oatmeal raisin Belgian Dubel.
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!