Here are this week’s news and events in the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, June 6th. Sierra Nevada Keg Bowling. VBGB Beer Hall & Garden. 6 pm-8 pm. VBGB is excited to be hosting your new favorite sport: KEG BOWLING.
Join us on Wednesday, June 6th from 6-8pm, where Sierra Nevada Brewery will be teaching you everything you need to know to become a Keg Bowling champion. Just by signing up, you’ll have the chance to win 2 tickets to Sierra Nevada’s fan favorite Beer Camp at their Mills River Brewery location. This event is FREE to attend — 21+ only!
BEER CAMP, June 16th, 2018:
“Guests can expect an epic adult day camp, complete with dozens of games, a high-ropes obstacle course, human foosball, keg bowling, Hammer-Schlagen, a silent disco, crafts, hammocks, and of course, plenty of Sierra Nevada beer. Zach Deputy will headline the festival with opening act The Broadcast. The silent disco DJ lineup will be local favorites DJ Marley Carroll and DJ Push/Pull.
Attendees can purchase full-sized pours of their favorite Sierra Nevada beers, cans of Pale Ale, and six festival-exclusive collaboration beers created by Sierra Nevada’s employees just for Beer Camp. Local food trucks and the Sierra Nevada Taproom will also offer food for purchase. Complimentary Shuttles from Asheville and Hendersonville will be provided.”
- Wednesday, June 6th. Belgian Strong Pale Ale Pilot Batch Release. Triple C Brewing Co. 4 pm-9 pm. Clocking in at 8.5%, this strong Belgian Pale was brewed with Monastery yeast, noble hops, and candied sugar.
Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered.
- Thursday, June 7th. Brewsin’ with Birdsong + First Thursday. Carolina Beer Temple Matthews. 6 pm-11 pm. On Thursday, June 7th the Carolina Beer Temple will be Brewsin’ with Birdsong Brewing Co. – a fun event featuring rare and seasonal Birdsong drafts!!! PLUS it is FIRST THURSDAY! This month’s non-profit is S.A.F.E. Animal Haven. $1 from each Birdsong pint and flight sold all day will be donated to SAFE.
The tap list will feature four (4) out of the ordinary Birdsong beers: Sunshine Gose, Weasel on Woodpeckers barrel-aged Belgian Ale, OPP Pineapple Pale Ale, and Rewind Lager.
S.A.F.E. Animal Haven’s goal is to decrease the endless stream of dogs and cats pouring into animal care facilities by providing educational school programs and promoting the spaying/neutering of companion animals.
Come out on Thursday, June 7th to drink some great beer and to support a great cause!
- Thursday, June 7th. Vienna Lager Release + First Book Fundraiser. Catawba Brewing Co. Charlotte. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us for an amazing beer release and fundraiser this Thursday! Catawba has partnered with First Book-Charlotte to help raise funds for supplying low-income families with books! $1 from each pint of our Vienna Lager sold will be donated to this wonderful organization, so swing by for a pint or two and learn more about this great non-profit!
First Book-Charlotte is part of the national, all-volunteer nonprofit network of local advisory boards whose sole mission is to help children from low-income families read and own their own books.
- Friday, June 8th. Coffee on Corban Beer Release. Twenty-Six Acres Brewing Company Concord. 2 pm-10 pm. Join us this Food Truck Friday for the release of our Coffee on Corban! Our new coffee blonde! We collaborated with Farmers First Coffee for this release. They have multiple coffee beans of various roasts to offer and we chose a mildly-roasted Emiliano’s coffee. Emiliano is a small, family farmer from the Amazonas region of Peru. I felt like his beans were the best to pair with our lightly flavored Corban Avenue Honey Blonde. The coffee isn’t heavy or bold enough to detract from the flavor of the beer. You could easily drink this beer with dinner, lunch, or breakfast. Dragon Boat Charlotte, Sugar Daddy’s, The Big Woodie, and The Sweetest Thing Bake Shop will be in the beer garden!
Want to learn more about Farmers First Coffee Company and Emiliano, visit them on facebook!
- Friday, June 8th. High Branch Can Release – #smooth Hazy IPA. High Branch Brewing Co. Concord. 4 pm-10 pm. Releasing #smooth cans this Friday at 4! Motueka, Ella, and Vic Secret hop in this Hazy IPA. We get lingering tropical fruits, a spicy edge, and floral hop character. Used a lot of oats for a silky mouthfeel.
- Saturday, June 9th. Asheville Brew Crawl – Summer 2018. Piedmont Social House. 10 am-11 pm. Details ASHEVILLE BREW CRAWL SUMMER 2018. Summer is so close and so is our summer brew crawl
$50 – Until – May 19th
$55 – May 20th – June 2nd
$60 – June 3rd – June 9th at 8AM
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
No need to worry designated driver!!!
Brunch (breakfast sandwiches) AND Dinner
Ticket holders are responsible for their own brew purchases.
This year’s Stops:
Lookout Brewing Company
New Belgium Brewing Company
Wedge Brewing Company
Green Man/Funkatorium/Wicked Weed
- Saturday. June 9th. Beer Geek Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple Ayrsley. 12 pm-11:59 pm. Release your inner beer geek, Saturday June 9th, as we feature several rare & hard to find beers from across the US including:
– Burial Beer Co. * A Completely Different Nature * DIPA
– Castia Cerveceria * Coffee Talk * Nitro Milk Stout
– Main Brewing Company * Peeper * Pale Ale
– Mikkeller Brewing San Diego * Mr. Smith * Hazy Pale Ale
– The Bruery * Terreux-Frederick * Sour
– Grimm Artisanal Ales * Air & Light * Dry Hopped Sour
– Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, LLC. * Table Bretta* Saison
Discounted pints & flights will be available all day long. See you at the Temple!
- Sunday, June 10th. Brunch and Brews. Legion Brewing. 10 am-2 pm. join us every Sunday from 10AM-2PM for Brunch and Brews! Whether you are nursing a hangover from a few too many late night pints or trying to get your Sunday Funday on, we have a little something for everyone!
Southwest Breakfast Burrito
Chorizo, egg, cheddar, homemade salsa, jalapeno, and avocado. Enjoy it in a spinach wrap OR on a bed of smoked cheddar grits!
Lox and Loaded*
Smoked salmon, cucumber, onion, fresh dill and cream cheese on a Nova*s bagel.
Breakfast Sliders (3)
Bacon, egg, cheddar, tomato and black pepper aioli on soft slider buns.
Mixed Berry Parfait
Greek yogurt, mixed berries, homemade honey almond granola.
Seasonal Belgian Waffle
Flavors change with our seasonal beer line up- check our social media for updates!
Side Of Smoked Cheese Grits
With a side of Warm Baked Apples
- Sunday, June 10th. Hoppin’ the Rail. Divine Barrel Brewing. 1 pm. Join Torah on Tap as we brewery hops through Charlotte! We will begin at Divine Barrel Brewing in Noda and use the light rail to move on from there. Can’t meet us at 1? No worries! We’ll be updating our location via this event page as we go.
- Tuesday, June 12th. NoDable Release: Lyft Me Up (Bier de Garde). Noda Brewin Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday! This week’s new NoDable is a Bier de Garde
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!
- Tuesday, June 12th. Pint Night with Hi-Wire Brewing. The Causal Pint Rivergate. 6 pm. Hi-Wire Brewing is joining us June 12th to deliver some beers you won’t want to miss tasting. It will be both fun and delicious!