Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area!
- Wednesday, May 9th. Bell’s Brewing Tapping. Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Huntersville. 6 pm. Bell’s reps will be here passing out beer samples and Bell’s merchandise! On tap: Two Hearted, Oberon, Larry’s Latest Sour
- Thursday, May 10th. Southern Tier/Victory! (tap takeover) Carolina Beer Temple Ayrsley. 6 pm-10 pm. Join us Thursday (May 10th) for a Victory Beer/ Southern Tier Brewing Company joint Tap Takeover! We will be featuring several tasty beers from them and discounted pints and flights will be available all day long! The tap list is still being determined so please stay tuned. See you at the Temple!
- Thursday, May 10th. Pink tp Drink 2018. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 6 pm-9 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com Please find your best pink outfit and join Team AmWins, Team Libstrong/Drew’s Crew, and Team Reeb for a casual evening at Sugar Creek Brewery, Broken Spoke & Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Each venue has graciously opened their doors to our teams. We will have live music, and a fresh beer with appetizers at each brewery for you to enjoy. So grab a date, find something pink, and celebrate with 24 Hours of Booty and our teams in an effort to raise funds for an awesome cause!!!
- Friday, May 11th. Pac Man and Pints. Lucky’s Bar and Arcade. 5 pm- 2 am. Tickets at groupon.com. Come One Come All, to Lucky’s Bar and Arcade and check out this awesome event, valued to save you over $17!!!
This inaugural event aims to bring out all 21 and over video game fanatics to mingle in this retro bar filled with craft beer and more than 40 classic arcade games, including the signature Pac Man. The fun starts later in the evening and lasts until midnight. Once at the bar, guests will get to taste test up to four different, special-selected craft beers while taking advantage of the other classic arcade games with their 20 tokens. As gamers button mash their way to victory, the DJ spins old-school party tunes to keep in theme with the nostalgic atmosphere.
- Friday, May 11th-12th. 2018 North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival. Friday 3 pm- 10 pm & Saturday 11 am-11pm An amazing day of local craft beer and live music and it all takes place on a non-profit historic site and farm just minutes outside of Charlotte in Huntersville, NC.
This year Friday Night Jam will be held on the main festival grounds (not the campground) and features Acoustic Syndicate, Larry Keel Experience, and Josh Daniel / Mark Schimick Project! Tickets for the Friday Night Jam may be purchased below.
NOTE THAT THERE IS NOT A TASTING SESSION ON FRIDAY, ONLY ON SATURDAY.
For all the info go to www.ncbrewsmusic.com or follow us on Facebook @NCBMF
- Saturday, May 12th. IPA Series Release #4 Goat Fuzz Single Hop. Birdsong Brewing Co. 12 pm- 10 pm. So far we’ve brought you, Sexy Hop, Turn to Stone, and Hazy Sexy Cool in our 2018 IPA Series and we’re ready to give you #4 in the series, Goat Fuzz Single Hop IPA!
Goat Fuzz, a huge hit at our 6th Anniversary, is next in our IPA series. Our brewers were drawn to Ekuanot™ hops, pronounced “Ee-kwa-not”, due to their rich hop oil content and aromatics of orange peel, papaya, lime, and melon. Sometimes you just feel like frolicking through fields of bright aromatic delicious fruits, butting your horns, gobbling it all up, and causing all kinds of mischief. Birdsong understands…This single hop IPA has got you covered.
Food – Strudelteig Food Truck 4:30-9pm
Live music – The Abbey Elmore Band 5:00-7:00
- Saturday, May 12th. Pop the Top 1-year Anniversary. Pop the Top Bottle Shop. 12 pm -11 pm. We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary & want to say THANK YOU for an amazing first year!! We will have a free pint glass for the first 50 customers, free food throughout the day from local food truck New Wrap Order and special beer releases all day. The SouthEnd Art & Soul Festival will be right next to us on Camden Rd as well and we would love for everyone to check both of us out – Cheers!!
- Sunday, May 13th. 2dh Annual Crawfish Boil at Sycamore! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm- 7pm. Join us for the 2nd Annual Crawfish Boil in the Sycamore Beer Garden by Kickstands Kitchen, out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana!
Live music, Craft Beer, Wine and Cider, Great times!
*3lbs for $20* Comes with corn and potatoes.
*No pre-sold tickets – first come, first serve until sold-out*
Sunday, May 13th. Mother’s Day Chocolate Mead, Roses, and Truffles! GoodRoad CiderWorks. 12 pm-7 pm. Come join us on Mother’s Day for a limited (5 gallon) batch of a modified version of our Cherish chocolate mead. All moms will receive a rose in appreciation of the hard work they do.
We will also have raspberry truffles from The Underground Truffle, LLC to pair with the chocolate mead. Yum!
Monday, May 14th. Coronado Brewing Tapping! Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Ballantyne. 6pm -8pm Rep on hand for sampling and giveaways – glassware, stickers, and more!
CoastWise Session IPA
Orange Ave. Wit
Peach Cruiser Hazy IPA
Cliff Dive IPA
Tuesday, May 15th. Bold Missy Dessert Pairing. The Casual Pint (Rivergate). 6 pm-8 pm. Tickets at events.r20.constantcontact.com. Join us for a special Dessert & Beer Pairing, guided by Bold Missy’s Head Brewer & Featuring Bold Missy Beers paired perfectly with a trio of succulent sweet desserts. Tickets are $25 and seating is limited, grab yours now: http://beerlife.co/missy