Here is this week’s new and events in the Charlotte, NC area.
- Wednesday, April 4th. Rare Beer with Rob Todd. Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Uptown. 5 pm-7 pm. Come out for a truly special night. Allagash Brewing Company founder Rob Tod will be at Duckworth’s with 20+ Allagash beers to accompany him. The selection will be filled with rare barrel-aged beers and old favorites alike. On top of the beer and company, Allagash is teaming up with Duckworth’s kitchen to bring you a special menu of dishes designed to be paired with specific Allagash beers.
- Wednesday, April 4th. Wild Beer Roundup. Brawley’s Beverage. 7:30 pm-9:30 pm. Beers. Brewery owners. Cookies. This is going to be a great night.
Come out to Brawley’s Beverage to meet Rob Tod, the founder, and owner of Allagash Brewing Company. To celebrate Rob’s visit, Allagash is breaking out a curated selection of rare wild and sour bottles to pair up with some delicious cookies from the Appalachia Cookie Company. Come on out for great conversation, and some memorable cookie/beer flights.
- Thursday, April 5th. Charlotte Craft Beer Week Barrel Aged Tap Takeover. The Broken Spoke. 6 pm-9 pm. Join us for our first ever Charlotte Craft Beer Week Barrel Aged Tap Takeover! The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Legion Brewing, Blue Blaze Brewing,Sugar Creek Brewing, NoDa Brewing Company, Southern Range Brewing Co., Lenny Boy Brewing Co., Bold Missy Brewery, and Triple C Brewing Company have all received a freshly dumped Rua Single Malt barrel from us here at Great Wagon Road Distilling Company, to barrel age their beer. These delicious beers will make their exclusive debut at the Spoke. Join us, and the folks that make them, on April 5th as they take over our tasting room from 6pm -9pm and showcase these unique creations. We will have live music, beer flights and tours of the distillery!
- Thursday, April 5th. Founders Breakfast Stout Flight Night. Flying Saucer. 6 pm-2 am. For the first time, we’re tapping all three highly rated versions of Founders Breakfast Stout on the same night. Come enjoy a flight of Breakfast Stout, KBS, and CBS paired with doughnuts.
Friday, April 6th. Craft Malt Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple Ayrsley. 6 pm-10 pm. Join the Craft Maltsters Guild at Carolina Beer Temple at Ayrsley to celebrate Charlotte Craft Beer Week by enjoying Charlotte beers made with North Carolina craft malt! Meet the maltsters and learn more about craft malt. We’ll be featuring beers from Wooden Robot Brewery, Legion Brewing, Triple C Brewing Company, NoDa Brewing Company, Sugar Creek Brewing, Free Range Brewing, and more! The Craft Maltsters Guild is an international trade association whose mission is to promote and sustain the tradition of craft malting in North America
Friday, April 6th. Small Batch Release: Chocolate Coffee Nitro Cider. Red Clay Cider Works. 3 pm-11 pm. Red Clay teamed up with local roaster, Pure Intentions Coffee to bring you this month’s small batch, Decadent Intentions!
It wasn’t enough for this semi-dry cider to just have rich and roasted chocolate and coffee notes. Oh, no, we had to take it one step further and put it on nitro for a creamy finish! Served in our tap room only while supplies last!
- Saturday, April 7th. South End Craft Crawl. Historic South End, Charlotte. 1 pm-7 pm. Mark your calendars for April 7th, when some of the best beer spots in South End come together to offer the South End Craft Crawl. This wrap up to the Charlotte Craft Beer Week will feature eight official stops. It all starts at 1:00 PM. Best of all… it’s all free, except for the beer of course. In addition to a bunch of great places and great beers – there will be free transportation throughout the day to all of these great locations provided by the Charlotte Trolley. That’s right, no driving. Hit all of these spots and anywhere else in South End as the Trolley drives the Craft Crawl circuit all day. This is so you can circle back and grab another sip just from a previous stop, or to jump ahead in anticipation of the next.
The Brass Tap – South End
Craft Tasting Room and Growler Shop
Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop
Lenny Boy Brewing Co.
Red Clay Ciderworks
Triple C Brewing Company
The Unknown Brewing Company
Wooden Robot Brewery
- Saturday, April 7th. Sour’d 6th Anniversary & Shake Shack. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-11 pm. What an incredible SIX years it has been here at Lenny Boy Brewing and we want you to celebrate with us! Come hang out as we release small batches of our most prized sour ales throughout the day. We will have free live music all day, as well as a POP UP with Shake Shack! So come hungry, thirsty, and ready to party!
29+ taps of all of your favorite Lenny Boy Brews!
New Beer and Kombucha releases!
Live music with VonHunter from 1-4pm (sponsored by our neighborsMorningstar Storage)
Live music with Junior Astronomers from 7-9pm (sponsored by Shake Shack)
The Hunter’s Wife will be slinging some mean BBQ:
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Spiced Couscous Salad
Spring Vegetables with Green Chutney
We are bringing back our Laughing Yogi and Strawberry Seduction in cans as well!
Get your tickets for the Shake Shack Pop Up here!
Tickets are going fast so be sure to get yours today!
There will be a live art installation by Durrett Designs from 5-9pm!
- Sunday, April 8th. Family Fun day & Brunch. Sycamore Brewing. 10 am-9 pm. Brunch by TIN Kitchen (with kid’s menu), Live Music, Sidewalk Chalk, BYOB (Bring your own ball), and the first Front Porch Sunday happening right next door!
- Sunday, April 8th. Queen City Makers Market at Legion Brewing. Legion Brewing. 3 pm-7 pm. Queen City Makers is back at Legion Brewing in Plaza Midwood for another local artisan market! Join us the second Sunday in April for an afternoon full of local handmade goods, beer, and friends.
Try Legion’s newest brews and bites from their kitchen, enjoy the patio, and pick up a few necessities and awesome not-so-necessities from the market.
Sunday, April 8th (3-7pm) at Legion Brewing on Commonwealth Ave.
Free admission, free parking in Legion’s lot and on Commonwealth.
Meet Your Makers:
The Concord Exchange
Hand made by erin
NoDa Candle by Summer Power
Purple Girl Designs by Amber
Sarah Wiley Jewelry
Mila Simmons, Visual Art
Chef Boricua CLT
The vendor application is currently closed. If you’d like to be placed on the waitlist, please feel free to message Queen City Makers. To keep in the loop of other Queen City Makers vendor opportunities, please join our “QCM Vendors” group on Facebook
- Monday, April 9th. Beer + Biscuits. The Asbury. 6;30 pm – 9:30 pm. Tickets at opentable.com. Two James Beard semi-finalists join Chef Krenz at our next Collaborative Series Dinner. “Beer + Biscuits” features Chef/Owner Phoebe Lawless from Scratch, Baby Scratch and The Lakewood + Sean Lilly Wilson, owner of Fullsteam Brewery. Both hail from Durham, NC.
A beautiful biscuit is part of every course at this creative beer dinner! Don’t worry–the biscuits are perfectly sized to take you through the night in delicious form.
Cost: $65/person, and that includes the Fullsteam beers in all caps in the menu below. Call 704.342.1193 to reserve your seat by phone. Or book online at http://bit.ly/SaveMySeatAtTheAsbury
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Thanks!
Sticky Biscuit Grilled Cheese| Apple, Thyme, Cheddar
Biscuit Crackers | Smoked Trout, Pickled Mustard Seed
Biscuit panzanella with sweet peas and their shoots
(Chef Phoebe Lawless)
FULLSTEAM ZACH ATTACK GINGER SAISON SHANDY
Buttermilk dumplings with chicken consomme and spring onions
(Chef Phoebe Lawless)
FULLSTEAM UNSCRIPTED INDIA PALE LAGER
Sour Cream + Onion | Crispy Braised Beef, Spring Vegetables, Poached Egg, Bearnaise
(Chef Matthew Krenz)
FULLSTEAM FEARRINGTON SPRING DRY-HOPPED RYE SAISON
Tallow Biscuit | Cocoa Gravy, Strawberries, Honey + Rosemary infused Peach Ice Cream
(Chef Matthew Krenz)
FULLSTEAM MCRAE CRAY SCOTTISH ALE WITH COFFEE AND COCOA NIBS
Biscuit pavlova with lavender cream and vanilla rhubarb soup
(Chef Phoebe Lawless)
FULLSTEAM 60 TO 1 NEW ENGLAND-STYLE IPA WITH N.C. MAPLE SYRUP
ABOUT PHOEBE LAWLESS
Phoebe Lawless was a 2013 and 2014 semifinalist for the James Beard Foundation’s Outstanding Pastry Chef award, and in 2015 and 2016 for Outstanding Baker. The owner and chef at Scratch Bakery in Durham opened The Lakewood, a full-service bar and restaurant in Durham last year. Baby Scratch is also located here. Throughout her career, Phoebe has been committed to the promotion of sustainable food systems, and the benefits of being connected to the foods we eat. She has been an active member of the Southern Foodways Alliance, Chefs Collaborative, and SlowFood USA, and is former co-chair of the Slow Food Triangle chapter. We are THRILLED to welcome this North Carolina culinary icon and innovator to The Asbury!
ABOUT FULLSTEAM BREWERY and Sean Lily Wilson in Durham, N.C.: Sean is owner and Chief Executive Optimist of Fullsteam, a “plow to pint” brewery and tavern in Durham, NC. Fullsteam’s mission is to pioneer a Southern Beer Economy through the act of commerce, fostering economic opportunity for farmers and agricultural entrepreneurs in a post-tobacco South.
Prior to launching Fullsteam in 2010, Sean founded and led both Pop The Cap NC and Permit Beer, two beer lobbying organizations that opened up economic markets to North Carolina’s craft beer industry. He’s earned three James Beard Foundation semi-finalist honors in the Outstanding Wine, Spirits, or Beer Professional category, and he’s a national leader in setting the craft beer legislative agenda. This is Sean’s third time to join us at The Asbury for a Collaborative Dinner. (Lucky us!)
- Tuesday, April 10th. Firestone Walk co founder David Walk meet and greet. Salud Beer Shop. 7 pm- 10pm. Join us as we host Firestone Walker co Founder David Walker. Come meet the founder of one of The finest breweries in the world. We will have a special tap list including
Walker’s Cuvée # 2